Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I am not going to spend $800-$1000 for lights for it. I wonder why it even has openings if the factory basic fog lamps ofvordered through parts would not fit. I have to measure but I have found purely rectangular lights for less than $50/pair. A piece of tin or black plastic to fill the gap and I may be in business.

Any front winch is apparently verboten with OBX-Lux due to blocking of sensors and cameras. Using the tow hook holes and skid Plat mounting holes I am leaning towards fabricating a front 2" receiver for occasional winch use. But since my winch usage would be to pull others out, not myself, then rear mount of winch makes more sense. Besides, if you drive into an unforgiving situation the best attack is to pull yourself out backwards
Could not agree more about receiver mount winch. Stays well protected in plastic tub with weight between the axels where it belongs. Receiver winch is available for tractor or trailer duty, not to mention other wheelers. Also agree on backing out and bits of tin and plastic.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like it. It is heavy enough for most things and pretty functional. I would have liked to see a better option for mounting a winch, but haven’t seen anything that I really like yet……Eventually.

I do wish they had made the rear steel bumper a little more robust. At least make it the same thickness as the Mod-Bumper. Just my $0.02.
I wish they'd offer the steel rear as a standalone option too.

That's what I thought. Might be a comment to delete then, adding nothing to the discussion about Bronco bumpers, right?

For the record, I backed off the modular bumper when I saw the '22s had the steel capable bumper for the OBX I have on order. I don't think it looks particularly great, but I need fogs and I prefer to access them via the factory switch.
OBX doesn't have the capable bumper.

Ford Bronco Anyone regretting the Modular Bumper? ACF72E7C-1F16-47C1-A6B3-21FD7A4B8775
I just installed lights yesterday in my modular bumper. It makes installing a lining up brackets so easy. This was a struggle when I added lights to the Raptor's bumper. I had them mounted in about 10 minutes with the modular bumper.
Ford Bronco Anyone regretting the Modular Bumper? ACF72E7C-1F16-47C1-A6B3-21FD7A4B8775
Those look pretty good - looks like they have some sort of backing/covering so they're not just there with blank space around them?

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish they'd offer the steel rear as a standalone option too.

OBX doesn't have the capable bumper.

Those look pretty good - looks like they have some sort of backing/covering so they're not just there with blank space around them?
There is no backlighting with these.

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

totally regretting not ordering the mod bumper. definitely looking to buy someones.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is no backlighting with these.
Not backlighting, a panel or cover that surrounds the pods? Should I see the tire tread through that opening if there weren't a backing?
Ford Bronco Anyone regretting the Modular Bumper? 1636773285150

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not backlighting, a panel or cover that surrounds the pods? Should I see the tire tread through that opening if there weren't a backing?
Ooooh! I see what you are talking about now. Yeah that’s part of the Baja design bracket that the pods mount to. Then the bracket inserts nicely into the opening and held by 3 of the modular bumper bolts.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just installed lights yesterday in my modular bumper. It makes installing a lining up brackets so easy. This was a struggle when I added lights to the Raptor's bumper. I had them mounted in about 10 minutes with the modular bumper.
Cool! Love the license plate.

ThrvinBronco

First Edition
First Name
JASON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco , 2019 f250, 2014 f350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well the hole was never made for lights to begin with. It was made to remove that corner cap so you have more clearance off roading

Sponsored

Okinawajoe

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2013 Focus ST, 2004 F-250 4x4 diese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When me and the wife ordered our Base 4 door Sasquatch I really wanted to get the modular bumper...
My thoughts were, when money allowed we would find it easy to add a bolt on winch arrangement, lights, etc.
Now looking at accessories, I'm kinda bummed, Ford seems to have stopped the way overpriced winch system (no way I would spend that much anyway.) The only lights that fit well in the openings look to be in the $1000 range...
I will admit, around here, in Central Virgina, that steel on the front end will make it nice come deer season, and I love the exposed tow hooks and front skid plate addition.
I haven't taken delivery, it's not even built yet, I was just making my Christmas list and thinking too much.

I guess, coming from a Jeep family, and a Ford Truck family, I'm getting impatient waiting on available accessories... What's everyone else's thoughts? Was the buy in worth it or do you wish you had just bought an aftermarket winch capable bumper and matching rear?

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
totally regretting not ordering the mod bumper. definitely looking to buy someones.
I left the capable on my BL order and picked up a Mod bumper from a fellow forum member last weekend.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That a difficult question to answer for me…
I think the Mod bumper is the best looking bumper I’ve seen so far, but I’m losing hope for a decent winch solution!
it will be very disappointing if I have to buy one of the ugly solutions from SEMA!

vesuvan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The mod bumper is really good for the price. Aftermarket steel bumpers are all gonna be in the $1000+ range. The aftermarket is coming with a lot of cool add ons, once more broncos are out for the aftermarket to get their hands on more stuff will be designed for it.

If you want to do your own led pod lights on that bumper just buy this bracket.

https://zroadz.com/i-23915776-2021-...-similar-style-led-pod-lights-pn-z325401.html
This no-drill bracket looks cool- have you installed them? Did you also buy the zroadz LED lights? Would love opinion and pics if you have them. I might buy these today for my FE
Sponsored