Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2-Dr)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Before I tell anyone about my automotive background.

First hear me out...

I want a V8 in my Jeep and my Bronco for purely one reason.....It sounds awesome and has amazing torque with low displacement without the need of forced induction.
Sponsored

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree 100%

Put the new 5.0L in it from the Mustang, reliable and powerful.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First hear me out...

I want a V8 in my Jeep and my Bronco for purely one reason.....It sounds awesome and has amazing torque with low displacement without the need of forced induction.
5CAC3DB5-31C5-416E-98D8-93F9A6A7F56B.gif

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

First hear me out...

Itā€™s not happening. There will be a much more powerful EV version at some point, with infinitely better torque and torque delivery.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s not happening. There will be a much more powerful EV version at some point, with infinitely better torque and torque delivery.
Maybe, but today, Ford could have optioned an already existing V8 into this Bronco. It isnā€™t like these Ecos are providing terrific fuel mileage versus what a V8 could. To your point, the V8 in the current Jeep is not lighting the world on fire so I think your thoughts are dead on accurate for the near future.

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A low displacement naturally aspirated V8 usually generates less torque than a smaller displacement turbo engine with fewer cylinders. You want more torque you add displacement or add cylinders or add stroke or add forced induction to your design. The easiest is to add forced induction. Peek torque with the 5.0 is 400ft-lb at 4,500 rpm vs the 2.7 giving 415 on premium or 410 on regular at 3,000 rpm. The 5.0 has significantly more power but at much higher rpm which isnā€™t as useful off-road.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What's stopping you? Get an LS and some wrenches. Done. It fits.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A low displacement naturally aspirated V8 usually generates less torque than a smaller displacement turbo engine with fewer cylinders. You want more torque you add displacement or add cylinders or add stroke or add forced induction to your design. The easiest is to add forced induction. Peek torque with the 5.0 is 400ft-lb at 4,500 rpm vs the 2.7 giving 415 on premium or 410 on regular at 3,000 rpm. The 5.0 has significantly more power but at much higher rpm which isnā€™t as useful off-road.
Godzilla is 400 at 1500 RPM'S. Peak is 475 @ 4000 RPM'S. Plenty of torque, with no power adder.

Ford Bronco The V8...  Let's talk about it 1636836400641

Not to mention it is smaller. Will fit in the Bronco much easier. šŸ˜

OP
OP

Alienpilot

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2-Dr)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back to my long time ago off road days. I purely needed a vehicle that was capable to get me from point A to B. They were all V8 vehicles which I think topped 250HP
Hell, the most amazing off road I have ever been in was a CJ5 with a four cylinder, slick Possibly 30's (slick tires) crawled a wall like a Goat.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, doubt it'll ever happen.

The Jeep Wrangler 4xe was the best selling plug-in hybrid in the market for the first half of the year... and is selling WAY more units than the Wrangler 392. Ford isn't dumb, they're looking at the numbers too.

They know the 4xe starts at $52,000, can generate 470 lb-ft of torque, has a 370 mile total range, and gets 49 MPGe. Meanwhile the Hemi 392 Wrangler starts at $75,000, can also generate 470 lb-ft of torque, yet with only 14 MPG and a 300 mile range.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool if they offered a V8 option in the Bronco. But if I was Ford looking at the engineering costs to develop these vehicles and deciding where to put my resources... I am 100% focusing on a hybrid Bronco.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.