Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the review. My order is in for a soft top. Thankfully it doesn't rain a lot where I'm from or where I'm eventually planning to move. I do think that they could add a larger rain gutter on the soft top like they have on the Jeep. I'm very pleased to see your fuel mileage.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it possible to write down a summary for those who don't have 15 minutes to spend trying to find "
How has the Bronco and the soft top been?
"

These posts are becoming clickbait just like almost everything out there, which is why some people like me are still on forums, we don't want to spend 25 minutes watching a video to see what was the MPG or 15 minutes to find out if the soft top leaked or was bad.

I appreciate your content as I have a soft top myself but I don't appreciate those clickbait posts.
Dang, getting chippy around here.
watch it or don't, there is no mandate here....

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest problem with the Auto Start/Stop, the reason any auto mechanic you meet doesn't use it and the main reason I do not use that feature in my vehicles, is that it prematurely wears out your starter and can cause excessive wear on the internals of your engine (when your engine stops running oil stops circulating). This is why most modern vehicles call out synthetic oil as a requirement, because synthetic oil handles the start/stop better than conventional oil because it clings to surfaces like cylinder walls better, but start/stop is still not good for your engine.

Auto manufacturers built this feature in to help with environmental regulations, but in all honesty it is a great situation for them. It is a feature put in place as a result of environmental regulations that actually increases revenue for the manufacturers from all of the additional parts they will sell. (This has become commonplace in the industry... just ask anyone that has bought a diesel truck in the past 10-15 years)

And furthermore, whether or not it actually saves any fuel depends on the use of the vehicle. If you hit 20 red lights on your way to work every day, it might make a difference in your fuel economy. However, if you're like me and only have 4 lights between work and home, the miniscule amount of fuel you'll save isn't worth the additional wear and tear that starting and stopping your vehicle 4X more than necessary will cause.

But to each their own! Personally, disabling this feature will be the first thing I do to my Bronco when I get it. At the end of the day, I bought an offroading vehicle. Fuel consumption was thrown out as a consideration the second I decided to buy one lol!

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest problem with the Auto Start/Stop, the reason any auto mechanic you meet doesn't use it and the main reason I do not use that feature in my vehicles, is that it prematurely wears out your starter and can cause excessive wear on the internals of your engine (when your engine stops running oil stops circulating). This is why most modern vehicles call out synthetic oil as a requirement, because synthetic oil handles the start/stop better than conventional oil because it clings to surfaces like cylinder walls better, but start/stop is still not good for your engine.

Auto manufacturers built this feature in to help with environmental regulations, but in all honesty it is a great situation for them. It is a feature put in place as a result of environmental regulations that actually increases revenue for the manufacturers from all of the additional parts they will sell. (This has become commonplace in the industry... just ask anyone that has bought a diesel truck in the past 10-15 years)

And furthermore, whether or not it actually saves any fuel depends on the use of the vehicle. If you hit 20 red lights on your way to work every day, it might make a difference in your fuel economy. However, if you're like me and only have 4 lights between work and home, the miniscule amount of fuel you'll save isn't worth the additional wear and tear that starting and stopping your vehicle 4X more than necessary will cause.

But to each their own! Personally, disabling this feature will be the first thing I do to my Bronco when I get it. At the end of the day, I bought an offroading vehicle. Fuel consumption was thrown out as a consideration the second I decided to buy one lol!
So much misinformation around start stop. Here is science. Takes about 7 seconds of idling before you see fuel gains with shutting the engine off. That includes gas required to start the engine back up.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotta ask, though. Because around here it we had that much rainfall coming off the mountains at once right next to the road, we would have it filling up the ditch and washing across. What the heck kind of runoff management do you Canadians have going on up there!? You pretty much had Niagara Falls in several places on that cliffside and you guys are like "Oh, that's pretty cool."
Here cars would be washed over into the lake with all of that.
It is very dangerous in that area at this time of year. The biggest storms come ashore around mid-November. There’s always a chance that there will be a washout or major slide but there aren’t many alternative routes, even on major highways so you either shrug it off or stay home.

Here’s the current situation:

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
SnowBronco

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is very dangerous in that area at this time of year. The biggest storms come ashore around mid-November. There’s always a chance that there will be a washout or major slide but there aren’t many alternative routes, even on major highways so you either shrug it off or stay home.

Here’s the current situation:

Yeah.. I didn't want to get caught in one in the video yesterday... So I turned around and booked it off the mountain yesterday. I'll go out after work today and see what I can find. Mother nature was not nice overnight and it's still coming. Anyone waiting for a Bronco in bc had probably just had a month added to the wait. The rail Ines are all effed... Either washed away or under mud. That's a rail line just outside of hope. With multiple derailments and mudslides... Now heavy wind.... This isn't over yet.
Ford Bronco 5000 Miles of Rain review! How has the Bronco and the soft top been?! IMG_19861

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang, getting chippy around here.
watch it or don't, there is no mandate here....
there is always someone on here who is a member of the PC polce who wants to tell everybody what they should talk about

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah.. I didn't want to get caught in one in the video yesterday... So I turned around and booked it off the mountain yesterday. I'll go out after work today and see what I can find. Mother nature was not nice overnight and it's still coming. Anyone waiting for a Bronco in bc had probably just had a month added to the wait. The rail Ines are all effed... Either washed away or under mud. That's a rail line just outside of hope. With multiple derailments and mudslides... Now heavy wind.... This isn't over yet.
Ford Bronco 5000 Miles of Rain review! How has the Bronco and the soft top been?! IMG_19861

Yeah, it's always sketchville in that part of the valley when the gales of November come calling.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much misinformation around start stop. Here is science. Takes about 7 seconds of idling before you see fuel gains with shutting the engine off. That includes gas required to start the engine back up.

Thanks for posting this...been wondering about the +/- for a while. Friend has a 2020 F150 with this auto start/stop system. definitely some times where he coasts into a stop light, stops only to have the light turn green - seemed inefficient in this case.

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goin' out for a rip, are ya bud?

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You made my point here. I actually did testing using my wife's vehicle. Same route to and from work for a week, didn't travel anywhere else with that vehicle. The difference was completely imperceptible. 20 mile round trip of conservative daily driving (no aggressive driving) yielded identical MPGs and negligible differences in refueling volume (started with completely full tanks, and refueled at the end of the week each time). I wasn't able to determine any fuel consumption differences one way or the other. It all ended up being about the same.

I only have 4 lights between my house and my work. Therefore, for my route the amount of gas I would save (from what I can tell is so little it can't even be detected without more precise instrumentation) does not justify the additional wear factor on the car. And yes, I heard the little fella say that starters are built to withstand the start/stop. Look... starters are mechanical and all things mechanical break. Furthermore, modern companies engineer with planned failure in mind. Nothing is built to last anymore. This is exactly the reason that you can't buy a modern refrigerator that will last longer than 12 years, but yet my grandmother's refrigerator from the 60's is still running strong in my cousin's garage after 60 years.

So, for me and many others it makes zero sense to use it. The cost outweighs the benefit. If I drove a company car and had more stops in my commute, I might use it. But on a Bronco that I am going to lift, put 37s on and ideally own for decades... nah. I couldn't do my girl dirty like that lol!

-Thank you for sharing the video!