Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/18/22 update: 10k miles on my truck now and not a single error from sport mode. I use it 4-5 times a week because the throttle response in normal mode is so slow.

11/22/21 update: made a walk through video to show which module and line to change.

Original post:

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:

Barely tested it but I have enabled Sport Mode on a Badlands. What's curious is that it shifts to 4A when you enable this. . Also I have only just enabled it, drove 20 feet and then went back inside. It appears to work but I will confirm soon. I do now have all 8 modes in the SDM. I can't confirm the options listed below are guarantees I just compared a VIN for each trim and correlated the factory G.O.A.T. mode choices to the As-Builts. Seeing how Sport Mode was easily enabled I am fairly confident this is the DIY for all 8 modes on any trim.

I have updated the table with potential ability to turn off modes if you so desire. I have not tested them yet. Flashing the ABS module will throw many codes in it and you will need to clear DTC's. For many who might be new to ForScan and even those who are not, it's my recommendation to clear codes before you write a change (if present) and definitely after each write of a change you make. You don't want to lose communication with a module and not know it until you've finished doing other things.

Add/Change G.O.A.T. Modes in the ABS As-Built
ABS760-04-02x*xxxxxxxxx--Need mode confirmation
0=Eco?Sand?Slippery? Off
1=Eco?Sand?Slippery? On
ABS760-04-02xxxxx*xxxxx--Need mode confirmation
0=Eco?Sand?Slippery? Off
1=Eco?Sand?Slippery? On
ABS760-04-03x*xxxxxxxxx--Need mode confirmation
0=Eco?Sand?Slippery? Off
1=Eco?Sand?Slippery? On
ABS760-04-03xxxxx*xxxx--0=Baja Off
2=Baja On
ABS760-04-03xxxxxxx*xx--1= Rock Crawl Off
3=Rock Crawl On
ABS760-04-03xxxxxxxx*x--2=Mud/Ruts Off
A=Mud/Ruts On
ABS760-04-03xxxxxxxxx*--9=Sport Mode Off
B=Sport Mode On

sport.JPG
Update 11/17/21:

2 days now and totally normal with no issues or trouble codes. Any questions of warranty being affected will be between you and your dealer. Most probably won't notice anything different. But proceed at your own risk, especially if you're new to forscan and not sure what you're changing.

Quick summary of how to get Forscan until I have time to do a video showing the change:

1. Download the application here:
https://forscan.org/home.html
You need to register for a username on their forums first to have access.
2. Buy an OBD-USB cable that is supported. I have this one, works flawlessly and doesn't have the "switch" like some of the older forscan cables. There is a list of compatible cables on their website. $50 on amazon.
https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-ex/?ref=forscan
3. Once you have the cable and the software you can request a free product key good for 60 days. I just bought the 1 year license for $10. I think you can get 3 years for $20. I wasn't sure how much I would use it so I just started with 1 year.

This blog outlines the process with some screen shots better than I can quicky type:
https://ohptools.com/blogs/news/how-to-get-the-forscan-extended-license-for-windows

That will get you up and running. You need all this before being able to make changes, so plan to do this about 2-3 days (allowing time for prime shipping on the cable) before you're ready to make software changes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you able to pick the mode you dropped for Sport, or did it just add Sport to the lineup? I want to get rid of Eco and add Sport.

Edit: I'm looking at his thread now to see if he already answered.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
would be great to get baja for my obx

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sweet - my Badlands gets Sport Mode

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were you able to pick the mode you dropped for Sport, or did it just add Sport to the lineup? I want to get rid of Eco and add Sport.
I just did this tonight. It adds Sport to the lineup. I'm waiting for the Eco setting to be confirmed and I'll be dropping it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: I'm looking at his thread now to see if he already answered.
Still have Eco. Didn’t have to drop any. Just added. You can see they’re all there on the video. I started on sport but normal and eco are to the left.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw that in the Forscan thread and excited to see it works for you! I haven't even unpacked my OBDLink yet, but I'll definitely give this a try. Not much else in things you can do with Forscan yet that I'm interested in, but not having all modes available on the top of the line Broncos never made sense to me, it's just software.

I'm not quite sure how to read the above spreadsheet, but figure it'll be more clear once I look at the actual screen in Forscan. If you should have a screenshot, that might be helpful to a total newb like me.

Also wondering, should we revert to factory for taking the rig in for service or won't they ever know unless they spin the dial? I'd rather not mess with warranty and my Badsquatch is pretty zippy in Normal already (and thirsty, a whipping 15.1 MpG so far, mostly residential roads driving). But occasionally it sure would be fun to kick it a bit more :)

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s pretty lame that Sport is in the programming but disabled 🤬

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome!! I was about to try the same thing, but my old OBD -> USB adapter doesn't work with the latest version of FORscan.

---

I'll just say this:

Outer Banks with the Sasquatch package suddenly became a lot more appealing... especially now that the Wildtrak trim no longer comes with painted trim pieces.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw that in the Forscan thread and excited to see it works for you! I haven't even unpacked my OBDLink yet, but I'll definitely give this a try. Not much else in things you can do with Forscan yet that I'm interested in, but not having all modes available on the top of the line Broncos never made sense to me, it's just software.

I'm not quite sure how to read the above spreadsheet, but figure it'll be more clear once I look at the actual screen in Forscan. If you should have a screenshot, that might be helpful to a total newb like me.

Also wondering, should we revert to factory for taking the rig in for service or won't they ever know unless they spin the dial? I'd rather not mess with warranty and my Badsquatch is pretty zippy in Normal already (and thirsty, a whipping 15.1 MpG so far, mostly residential roads driving). But occasionally it sure would be fun to kick it a bit more :)
Getting rid of double honk for no key fob was my favorite Forscan item before now. Not sure on warranty as this is my first new car. But it would be easy enough to undo it since it’s best to save your as built data before changing anything.

I didn’t take a screen shot but essentially all you have to do is connect, open the ABS module, and change one letter. Unlike some other modules there wasn’t much listed so it was very easy to find.