Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone determined if Sport mode is any different than Baja mode and then switching to 2H?

Is it worth adding? Or is Baja already giving us the same thing?
Yes it's definitely different. Sport keeps rpms high. Baja keeps rpms insanely high.

I've added both now so I can attest
Sponsored

shotgunfatcat

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are missing hardware. You also only have Lane Keeping. Not trying to sound picky it’s just totally different unfortunately from Lane Centering

This is what is needed to add it to an F150. (xing out numbers so people don't order wrongfully in a random google search)

Harness part number: LC3Z-xxxxxx-A (harness for front bumper which has connectors for fog lights and ACC module - the vehicle-side connector already has wiring to support ACC)
ACC Module: LB5Z-xxxxxx-AB (different than the HC3Z-xxxxxxx-A sensor used on previous years)
Module mounting plate: unknown (I'm mounting it to the winch fairlead mounting bracket, so I don't need this, but if you don't have the Ford winch, you'll need bracket parts)
Mounting stud: Wxxxxxx-xxxxx (one of these is needed if mounting to the winch fairlead bracket)
Tow hook cover: Lxxxxxx-xxxx-E
HUD Display: FL3Z-xxxxxxx-A
ACC Steering Wheel switch: FL3Z-xxxxx-BA
Center trim: LC3Z-xxxx-BA

Until parts are easier to search for (I can't find ford part for the ACC module thus far for sale) this is what I am going off of. Sounds like we have the cover already, I don't think the Bronco's have the HUD? So it would be the module, harness (be curious if people with Fogs, already even have the right harness), steering wheel switch, and hardware. I am sure there will be something else, as there always is.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what is needed to add it to an F150. (xing out numbers so people don't order wrongfully in a random google search)

Harness part number: LC3Z-xxxxxx-A (harness for front bumper which has connectors for fog lights and ACC module - the vehicle-side connector already has wiring to support ACC)
ACC Module: LB5Z-xxxxxx-AB (different than the HC3Z-xxxxxxx-A sensor used on previous years)
Module mounting plate: unknown (I'm mounting it to the winch fairlead mounting bracket, so I don't need this, but if you don't have the Ford winch, you'll need bracket parts)
Mounting stud: Wxxxxxx-xxxxx (one of these is needed if mounting to the winch fairlead bracket)
Tow hook cover: Lxxxxxx-xxxx-E
HUD Display: FL3Z-xxxxxxx-A
ACC Steering Wheel switch: FL3Z-xxxxx-BA
Center trim: LC3Z-xxxx-BA

Until parts are easier to search for (I can't find ford part for the ACC module thus far for sale) this is what I am going off of. Sounds like we have the cover already, I don't think the Bronco's have the HUD? So it would be the module, harness (be curious if people with Fogs, already even have the right harness), steering wheel switch, and hardware. I am sure there will be something else, as there always is.
Sounds expensive :)

You are missing hardware. You also only have Lane Keeping. Not trying to sound picky it’s just totally different unfortunately from Lane Centering

High package comes with Lane Keeping which uses the camera mounted in every Bronco windshield to keep you from going over lane lines but doesn’t actively steer you until that point. For those without it it wouldn’t be too impossible (theoretically) to add Lane Keeping to any trim level. The only hardware change is the steering wheel button. Lots of programming however.

Lane Centering will actively keep you in the center of the lane and requires Adaptive Cruise Control hardware to function as it is packaged in an enhanced version called ACC with Stop & Go. For those without ACC you would need to add it for starters which requires the CCM (Cruise Control Module), the calibration that it would need, and the steering wheel buttons from a Lux package. Extensive programming and I’m not quite finished with the full ACC S&G feature set but ACC itself would be some work on its own without it.
Thanks! All clear now. I'll be quite happy with no double honk and sport mode :D

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I enabled sport mode on my 2.3 manual badlands today. Its a small but noticeable change, the response an torque available when first opening the throttle has improved. Even with the SAS wheels and tires I have on, it feels pretty spunky, and has made me decide to hold off any throttle booster purchases for now. I will test the other modes during the week, but all 8 of them show up on the screen now, not sure why they did not do this from the factory.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What are the chances of being able to add 4A through Forscan + updating the switch?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Duh, that makes sense.

I didn’t even realize 4A was available on a manual BD until the other day…

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Barely tested it but I have enabled Sport Mode on a Badlands. What's curious is that it shifts to 4A when you enable this. . Also I have only just enabled it, drove 20 feet and then went back inside. It appears to work but I will confirm soon. I do now have all 8 modes in the SDM. I can't confirm the options listed below are guarantees I just compared a VIN for each trim and correlated the factory G.O.A.T. mode choices to the As-Builts. Seeing how Sport Mode was easily enabled I am fairly confident this is the DIY for all 8 modes on any trim.

I have updated the table with potential ability to turn off modes if you so desire. I have not tested them yet. Flashing the ABS module will throw many codes in it and you will need to clear DTC's. For many who might be new to ForScan and even those who are not, it's my recommendation to clear codes before you write a change (if present) and definitely after each write of a change you make. You don't want to lose communication with a module and not know it until you've finished doing other things.

Add/Change G.O.A.T. Modes in the ABS As-Built
ABS760-04-02x*xxxxxxxxx--Need mode confirmation
0=Eco?Sand?Slippery? Off
1=Eco?Sand?Slippery? On
ABS760-04-02xxxxx*xxxxx--Need mode confirmation
0=Eco?Sand?Slippery? Off
1=Eco?Sand?Slippery? On
ABS760-04-03x*xxxxxxxxx--Need mode confirmation
0=Eco?Sand?Slippery? Off
1=Eco?Sand?Slippery? On
ABS760-04-03xxxxx*xxxx--0=Baja Off
2=Baja On
ABS760-04-03xxxxxxx*xx--1= Rock Crawl Off
3=Rock Crawl On
ABS760-04-03xxxxxxxx*x--2=Mud/Ruts Off
A=Mud/Ruts On
ABS760-04-03xxxxxxxxx*--9=Sport Mode Off
B=Sport Mode On

sport.JPG
My first edition is getting this done as soon as I get it this week or next, hope it shows up early estimated November 20th to the 26th.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we have an "active exhaust"? I want it always open to hear the V8 ;) on Forscan?
1596154928619.jpeg
No we don't. That bottom table is old, speculative, and essentially copied from the F-150 Raptor. I Would recommend against using it for anything.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have recommendations for a good OBD adapter?

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

CjDuncan

Badlands
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have read through most of this and is very intriguing. My first item was changing tire size but I assume any reputable tire shop would do this at install (wishful thinking?)
Anyway, the other options have peaked my interest and leads me to my question.

Who has used Forscan with iOS? Is it as capable? Is buying a Windows based laptop Worth it just to use Forscan?
I am a MAC user and haven't used a window based system in over a decade. I value any insight or experience. TY

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have read through most of this and is very intriguing. My first item was changing tire size but I assume any reputable tire shop would do this at install (wishful thinking?)

Who has used Forscan with iOS? Is it as capable? Is buying a Windows based laptop Worth it just to use Forscan?
I am a MAC user and haven't used a window based system in over a decade. I value any insight or experience. TY
Considering that you can get a cheap windows laptop (i5-4th gen or better) for under $200, yes, it is absolutely worth it... just to get rid of double honk!!!

Ask yourself this, would you pay $1 per day to have the features think you want or disable the things that absolutely annoy you (that have already been identified)?

If yes, then ForScan is more than worth it just in the 1st year of ownership.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tire shops won't make the speedometer adjustment, or pressure threshold change. You'd be lucky to even find a dealer that would try it. In time some standalone programmers like hypertech may come to market for the size adjustment, but until then, forscan is the current method.
Sponsored