Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole thread is non-news. There is:
-zero actionable information.
-Zero knowledge is shared or able to be learned.
-no "problem/solution

What we have is click-bait content. A headline that fits a narrative, a story with nothing to be learned and no actual point, other than to get get likes and comments.

We should share information we have, especially about possible failures or maintenance issues, but this post has none of that. No knowledge transfer occured in this post or thread.
I can’t decide if you or Rick astley is a bigger fanboy.

Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road 1637028080749

And I’d probably still be driving a Toyota except they just got……… boring. No power increases to the motor. No tech upgrades inside. Of course maybe that’s why they’re bulletproof!
I’m in a Jeep Gladiator now and I love it! It’s fun and has some power (compared to my previous 4Runner) and the removable tops/doors makes it really fun in the summer. The Bronco is a huge win for Ford as it’s even cooler and more fun than the Jeep and now Jeep has competition in this market.
But despite the Ford fanboys defending every single issue that pops up, it’s having some problems that need addressing. The fanboys should want these addressed now because if it turns out to be a major issue on a vehicle of this hype and popularity? It’s going to play horribly for Ford and these new and potentially new customers will flee back to their old brands. I’m betting Ford is getting a lot of new customers to the brand due to the bronco (myself included). If I drive it 2k miles and the engine blows? It’ll be my one and only Ford in my lifetime.
1000% love my Mojave. If it has issues, I’ll criticize Jeep. Our Bronco will be our first Ford, if it has issues ill criticize Ford. Only weirdos defend companies with blind loyalty.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can’t decide if you or Rick astley is a bigger fanboy.

1000% love my Mojave. If it has issues, I’ll criticize Jeep. Our Bronco will be our first Ford, if it has issues ill criticize Ford. Only weirdos defend companies with blind loyalty.
That is cheeky coming from somebody with the "Bronco for life" username. LOL

@Rick Astley sure knows more than me about cars and has a great sense of humor...maybe he is just better at it. :)

If being a "Fanboy" means asking folks to use a modicum of common sense before posting a nonsense thread that gets the hens worked up and clucking about...I suppose I am a "fanboy".

In this thread, you won't find a post of mine defending Ford...because I haven't done that. In most other threads, I almost never defend Ford, although I will gladly call out those who cackle about the sky falling every chance they get. (this thread is a perfect case in point).

So many people believe negative hype that folks are actually scared to drive a Bronco they don't yet own...all due to doomsday hype.

With that said though, I am going for a ride in my 2DR Bronco...so I am signing off. I hope I make it back.
Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road 1637029089148
Cheers!

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

@Rick Astley sure knows more than me about cars and has a great sense of humor...maybe he is just better at it. :)

If being a "Fanboy" means asking folks to use a modicum of common sense before posting a nonsense thread that gets the hens worked up and clucking about...I suppose I am a "fanboy".

In this thread, you won't find a post of mine defending Ford...because I haven't done that. In most other threads, I almost never defend Ford, although I will gladly call out those who cackle about the sky falling every chance they get. (this thread is a perfect case in point).

So many people believe negative hype that folks are actually scared to drive a Bronco they don't yet own...all due to doomsday hype.

With that said though, I am going for a ride in my 2DR Bronco...so I am signing off. I hope I make it back.
Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road 1637029089148
Cheers!
I live in Colorado.

Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road 1637029873619

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1637029089148.png
Cheers!
@69 Mach I thank you for posting, it is very helpful to 99% of us. Please ignore the 1% Ford apologists, they think...

Engine blows up = nonsense thread :rolleyes:

While they continue polishing Ford's doorknobs...

Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road 61gIz8VNinL._AC_

Last edited:

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good one....I appreciate sarcasm.....not everyone gets it.
No, it did not occur to me to climb into my engine compartment to look for a part number or serial number! Can this be determined by the VIN number or window sticker?
Don't know if this is the normal spot for the sticker, but this was staring me in the face the first time I opened the hood.

Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road 20211115_170015

I'm only at 850 miles, but no problems so far. Hope you are back on the road by next weekend!

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Funny responses in here. I’ve had 6 new Toyota’s over the last 20 years. ZERO of them went to the shop after purchasing. The only trips to the service department was for regular maintenance. So maybe “it happens” in a brand new vehicle is normal to some, but it ain’t to me.
I’m having serious reservations about taking this thing on as my daily driver. No way will I get the 2.3. I’ve got some time waiting on mine to decide but if these stories continue my dealer will get a bronco for the lot.
Toyota literally has the record for the most back to back recalls ever. In the early 2000's it was rampant. As a mechanic, I got to enjoy seeing the motor failures that toyota successfully kept secret from the general public. Look up 4 runner and Tacoma head gasket failures.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well the Bronco Part Number is: MB3Z-6007-AA
The F-150 Part Number is: ML3Z-6006-G
Supersession(s): ML3Z-6006-G; ML3Z-6006-C
Fits 2021:
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD Lariat Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD Lariat Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XL Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XL Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XL Standard Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XLT Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XLT Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T 4WD XLT Standard Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD Lariat Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD Lariat Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XL Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XL Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XL Standard Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XLT Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XLT Extended Cab Pickup Fleetside
Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost V6 A/T RWD XLT Standard Cab Pickup Fleetside

The 2020 F-150 part number was: JT4Z-6006-B
Supersession(s): JT4Z-6006-B; JT4Z-6006-A

Specifically states that the above do not fit the 2021 Bronco.

We did see one Bronco have their MB3Z-6007-AA engine replaced with an MB3Z-6006-A engine. There are price differences between the different engines, but I don't know why.
We already know the oil pans are different but without a full parts breakdown between long blocks you nor I can say they are different or the same. It would make little sense to develop an entirely new from ground up with no shared parts engine that might just might end up in less than 100,000 units over the lifespan of the vehicle.

Reservations for both engines initially approached 200,000 and compared to 1964-1965 Mustang that could have been a conceivable first 12 month production but,
I highly doubt at the rate things are going that Ford can produce 200,000 Broncos over 5 years. And if that is where it ends up I would expect Ford to end the run then and there. To become a contender Ford has to put a half million Broncos on the street.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toyota literally has the record for the most back to back recalls ever. In the early 2000's it was rampant. As a mechanic, I got to enjoy seeing the motor failures that toyota successfully kept secret from the general public. Look up 4 runner and Tacoma head gasket failures.
Could be- I never heard it but also wasn’t on any Toyota forums. I owned 3 Tacomas in a row starting in 1998. Drove each to about 90k and traded in. Not one single issue. Traded my last Tacoma in for an FJ Cruiser- drove for 92k, traded in for a 4Runner Trail edition- drove it to 80k and bought my current Gladiator. Only issue I ever had with my Toyota’s from 1998-2019? A door lock actuator went bad in the 4Runner. The only time any of my Toyota’s hit the service department was regular maintenance, other than the actuator. That’s my experience. I’m hoping for a similar experience in my bronco.

Sponsored

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s a reason for that, it’s transparency. They have a reputation to maintain, I traditionally see them acting quickly on recalls. There’s a great article I read earlier this year worth checking out.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp35649626/automakers-delay-recalls-study/

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Call me old fashioned but I just don't fully trust the Ecoboost engines. I would have rather Ford installed one of the Cyclone series V6 engines (3.3, 3.5, 3.7) or the 5.0 Coyote. You can't beat the reliability of naturally aspirated engines. Threads like this only reinforce my distrust.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good one....I appreciate sarcasm.....not everyone gets it.
No, it did not occur to me to climb into my engine compartment to look for a part number or serial number! Can this be determined by the VIN number or window sticker?
No but if you DM @flip, he can help you get that information (it's in Ford's system). He'll need your VIN, but he can pull it (he's a dealer).

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We already know the oil pans are different but without a full parts breakdown between long blocks you nor I can say they are different or the same. It would make little sense to develop an entirely new from ground up with no shared parts engine that might just might end up in less than 100,000 units over the lifespan of the vehicle.

Reservations for both engines initially approached 200,000 and compared to 1964-1965 Mustang that could have been a conceivable first 12 month production but,
I highly doubt at the rate things are going that Ford can produce 200,000 Broncos over 5 years. And if that is where it ends up I would expect Ford to end the run then and there. To become a contender Ford has to put a half million Broncos on the street.
Yes, but if the batches are segregated early in the process, it could affect Bronco only... Or it could affect everyone. Too many unknown factors. There is a difference between the 6006 and 6007 engines, and it could be something as simple as a valve revision. There is no way we can possibly know what is or is not potentially an at risk motor, but Ford does!!!

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really sucks , never been towed in any of my 6 Ford trucks , have three now with 240k miles to 260 k miles , none have even been in for repairs ,just maintenance. MY 07 Tundra was towed twice and cost quite a bit in repairs , my 87 wrangler has left me stranded several times , think I have replaced about every part on the motor at least once , that Is why I am getting a Bronco , hope the 2.3 is a good runner .
Sponsored