JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When I bought my 2013 Ecoboost F150 engines were throwing parts through the block.
The EB engines were new and most were blaming the engine itself.
It turned out to be the intercooler design. Water would collect in the intercooler and sooner or later it would get into the engine and hydrolock a cylinder.
Ford answer was to block off a good bit of the intercooler. The user community drilled a tiny hole in the intercooler to let the water out.

Anyway that's a long way of saying it might not be the engine itself that is at fault.
Sponsored

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't know if this is the normal spot for the sticker, but this was staring me in the face the first time I opened the hood.

20211115_170015.jpg

I'm only at 850 miles, but no problems so far. Hope you are back on the road by next weekend!
So I did find one picture I took of the engine bay not long after I took delivery. I can't make out the sticker, but maybe someone who's skilled at photo enhancement can enlarge and enhance the sticker.
Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road engine.JPG

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No but if you DM @flip, he can help you get that information (it's in Ford's system). He'll need your VIN, but he can pull it (he's a dealer).
VIN#: 1FMEE5BP4MLA68994

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah, this is why I re-posted the Oct 28 msg from Ford Service Technician reporting "about thirty in the last month . . in the Ford Technicians Forum page" -

To determine the overall scope of the problem, this Ford Svc Tech msg is the only evidence I've seen which gives us some idea of the nation-wide frequency of the 2.7L mechanical failures -
I shared that screenshot here (I'm the commenter that asks how many), and prefaced it with a couple of points. That was in a Jeep fb group, and the "tech" was a pretty salty Jeep person. There's also no indication of what issues those 30 engines have, or even if all 30 are Bronco engines. I would not make any assumptions with that info.

It's like the broken tie rods pic. It makes its way around and "all these Broncos are having the issue." When actually one Bronco got damaged and the pic got reposted a thousand times.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I did find one picture I took of the engine bay not long after I took delivery. I can't make out the sticker, but maybe someone who's skilled at photo enhancement can enlarge and enhance the sticker.
engine.JPG
This is the best my tool will do, to blurry to enhance much...

Ford Bronco Bronco (2.7 engine) shut off on highway, left me on the side of the road engine.JPG

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In simple math, 13,500 2.7L made with 30 reported (as per a post) with a valve problem =0.0022%....

Probability of one of the below:
  • Heart disease: 1 in 6
  • Cancer: 1 in 7
  • All preventable causes of death: 1 in 24
  • Chronic lower respiratory disease: 1 in 27
  • Suicide: 1 in 88
  • Opioid overdose: 1 in 92
  • Falls: 1 in 106
  • Dying in a car accident: 107 to one
  • Bad Bronco 2.7L 450 to one

Life is chances....chances not taken are opportunities lost
Concur, I tend to go with the percentages, not to mention I have seen some brutal break-in off road videos that can't help things.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

all the time that I've been a member here, I've only had to use the mute feature one time... This thread almost made me use it twice. Some people are really just not worth the room they take up.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bummer...so another dropped valve. But surely this isn't a noteable problem and just our desire to bitch.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have not had a chance to wax it yet, but did have PPF put on hood and fenders on Friday.....maybe they were adding to much drag for the engine to take! LOL
Thanks for the girlfriend comment.....she does pretty good.
Plz update us as soon as you hear something

Sponsored

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyota literally has the record for the most back-to-back recalls ever. In the early 2000's it was rampant. As a mechanic, I got to enjoy seeing the motor failures that Toyota successfully kept secret from the general public. Look up 4Runner and Tacoma head gasket failures.
Except with my Acuras and Toyotas, both companies were very transparent about the issues and extended warranties to add customer confidence. Going back to the 2000s is a different story since the internet and chat groups weren't prevalent, trends were likely harder to uncover among consumers.

I got a factory 150K transmission warranty on an Acura CL and a frame warranty on a Tundra. Doing the right thing is why Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura have perceived reliability. They may or may not be more reliable, but they are considered that way by consumers and JD Power. That's what matters if you want to sell products.

If I can offer any advice to @FordMotorCompany:
Honesty, transparency, and doing the right thing are the ethical foundations of any company that a customer interacts with. Crisis management is best handled by being empathetic and not burying your head in the sand and hoping it blows over. There are countless business case studies on this.

When you only post to thumbs up for what you like and ignore the rest, That is surely an interesting marketing and communication strategy with your customers.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In simple math, 13,500 2.7L made with 30 reported (as per a post) with a valve problem =0.0022%....

Probability of one of the below:
  • Heart disease: 1 in 6
  • Cancer: 1 in 7
  • All preventable causes of death: 1 in 24
  • Chronic lower respiratory disease: 1 in 27
  • Suicide: 1 in 88
  • Opioid overdose: 1 in 92
  • Falls: 1 in 106
  • Dying in a car accident: 107 to one
  • Bad Bronco 2.7L 450 to one

Life is chances....chances not taken are opportunities lost
Brand new 2.7 drops valve and blows up,driver/owner has heart attack,wife /hubby misses partner commits suicide, kids have to go to foster care get hooked on opioids,after all said and done bronco is covered under warranty.
Its a first year gremlins thing if you want it now its part of the deal

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
VIN#: 1FMEE5BP4MLA68994
Here is what I know:

1. #EF06A21160120068 MB3E 6007 AA FAILED
2. #EF06A21180120249 MB3E 6007 AA NOT DELIVERED
3. #EF06A21161120300 MB3E 6007 AA FAILED
4. #Unknown FAILED

#1 Broncoshrimp's 2021 160st day; June 9th.
#2 mpeugeot's 2021, 180th day; June 29.
#3 69 Mach I's 2021 161st day; June 10th.
#4 estone 2021 209th day; July 28

Here's what I predict, I have a bad day in my near future approaching. So suspect motors are all 6007-AA so far from sequence 120068-120300.

Last edited:

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, sorry to here that. So frustrating after waiting that long and then having to deal with this.

It seems like most of these are failing early on. I only have 150 miles on mine, but I am driving from OK to FL in s couple weeks. I guess we will find out.
Sponsored