Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can I just be honest? In the Bronco I don't notice it...
In my wife's '19 bmw x3 I do. The entire suv shakes when it turns on at a green light. The Bronco I notice if I pay attention to it but half the time I dont even know it's on

And yes I'm talking eco and normal mode
Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe in the cluster on ASS screen it will tell you what's keeping you out of start/stop.

SOME reasons:
- Low battery voltage
- Battery state of charge
- Max AC
- Max Defrost
- Trailer connected

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same thing is happening to our Expedition right now. I read something about outside temperature playing a factor if it is too cold or hot. I expect it has something to do with the climate control.

Here is where I burn this forum to the ground: I like this feature and am glad it is on the Bronco!
You do you man, but I personally don't like a delay if I need to accelerate quickly into traffic and mainly I do not want all the unncessary wear and tear on the engine and especially the starter

Sponsored

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same thing is happening to our Expedition right now. I read something about outside temperature playing a factor if it is too cold or hot. I expect it has something to do with the climate control.

Here is where I burn this forum to the ground: I like this feature and am glad it is on the Bronco!
Same here. I thought I was going to hate it and be constant annoyed. Now, when I’m sitting at a long light, I’m like, all that gas and engine wear I saved!

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the auto Start/Stop feature as well, but with the manual trans, it is super seamless. The vehicle shuts down when stopped, and immediately starts when I begin to engage the clutch. Before I shift and am ready to move forward, the vehicle is started and ready to go...no lag.

I cant speak to how it functions with the automatic trans, but super easy with the manual trans.
You just answered an important question that I didn’t even know I had re: how auto start/stop worked with the manual. Thanks!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You do you man, but I personally don't like a delay if I need to accelerate quickly into traffic and mainly I do not want all the unncessary wear and tear on the engine and especially the starter
If the lag is causing an issue for accelerating into traffic then you probably shouldn't be accelerating into traffic.

ASS will start faster than a traditional starter due to the starter and crankshaft positioning. By the time you're off the brake and on the accelerator there is very little lag with newer cars. I tried to find concrete numbers but couldn't. But it shouldn't prevent you from merging into traffic. Some older systems were slower and that may hold true however.

Both the engine and the starter on ASS vehicles are designed with it in mind and shouldn't pose any more wear and tear than a regular starter.

Not saying you should like it....just that some of the arguments are old arguments. Especially the wear and tear. I used to think the same until I really dug into it.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Auto Stop Start is probably the biggest customer dissatisfaction feature in automotive history.
Agree. But give it time. Bill just passed requires auto manufacturers to develop capability to pull your car over if it thinks you're not driving straight enough.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. But give it time. Bill just passed requires auto manufacturers to develop capability to pull your car over if it thinks you're not driving straight enough.
I'm really thinking that the Bronco will be my last new vehicle, and I'm good with that!

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Opinions aside on whether or not government or automakers should have control over your vehicle your statement is not wholly true.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Opinions aside on whether or not government or automakers should have control over your vehicle your statement is not wholly true.
You're right! I left out the part where the car can detect if you had a beer or not with dinner and not let you start it:). You guys have those kind of laws in Canada already??

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be glad it stopped, bought an A.S.S. Plug to disable that shit

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're right! I left out the part where the car can detect if you had a beer or not with dinner and not let you start it:). You guys have those kind of laws in Canada already??
Nope....our government has the automakers making our tailights DRLs as well. I'm fine with that. But our policies typically follow yours.

Your comment about the beer is wrong as well. So far there isn't even an agreed upon plan for how the bill will play out.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with your disdain for it....just the reasoning and the technology behind it. I'm wary of bills like this too. I really don't want Big Brother pulling my car over for fuckin' around a back road at night but I'm certainly OK with finding ways to remove drunk drivers from the roads. Remains to be seen what the implementations are.

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model