Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4dr, 2021 Wildtrak, 2021 Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So will there be a Rhino Rack on top? That‘s what we need!
Ive been working with them on this buy weve hit huge supply chain issues. Yes there will be Rhino Racks for both Hardtop and soft..........
Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive been working with them on this buy weve hit huge supply chain issues. Yes there will be Rhino Racks for both Hardtop and soft..........
Hoping it’s the backbone design that bolts thorough the hardtop to the roll bar. I need to carry more than the 110lb dynamic load provided by the factory rack (which I can’t even buy anyway at this point).

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree wholeheartedly.

IFS, solid rear axle with some heft, factory ready for 35s and proven to take 37s with little to no work…. I mean to get the same from ANY other ifs vehicle you’re cutting frame mounts and chopping the shit out of everything (looking at the Tacoma/4Runner/ranger/etc.)

This is an EXCELLENT platform to go nuts with. It’s better than anything else I can think of with the added benefit of a removable top. In five years these will be absolutely bonkers and lead the hardcore category in folks like me. I’m not a rock crawler, don’t care to be, but I love bulletproof go fast rigs where they can go almost anywhere you want to be and do almost anything you want to do.
Hard-core builds are circumventing street legal chassis entirely and registering at state B/DMVs as something akin to sand rails exemption home builds and are issued a VIN (California would run out of VIN allotments within the first hour of the first business day of the year...) The only reason to use a manufactured chassis is if the funder simply must have a "Bronco" or what have you.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford used to make "bodies-in-white" Mustangs and Fusions or Contours available to racers at below base invoice prices, but they had no VINs or legal for road use abilities, strictly off road only. I'm thinking Ford is leaving money on the table for not at least contemplating these as rolling glider type chassis (gliders are semi tractors without compliant motors to 2009+ FMVSS standards), I suspect there is a huge market for something you can slap an old explorer, Ranger or EB body on and go wheeling or desert bombing with for minimal input...

Piecing an EB body together is a hell of a lot easier than a 1st generation Mustang or Transmarobirdcuda... I even have a EB grill saved in my Amazon list.
I have amc eagle wagon body that would be perfect for it. As is I am looking at dropping it on my burnt up big block ford quadravan chassis.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have amc eagle wagon body that would be perfect for it. As is I am looking at dropping it on my burnt up big block ford quadravan chassis.
AMC Eagles keep popping up in my "feed", one may cosmically be on an intercept course with me in the near future... A family friend/ scout den mother used to have a maroon/paneled 4 door wagon in the 80s. Always appreciated its pre-Subaru quirkiness.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But, but but…..it’s been modified from what the engineers had designed, why?….lol. FAWK’Em

Ford Bronco Dana 60 Axle is in !!! 1634933057047

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m thinking the admins need to add a new category to the forums menu titled hardcore tech to minimize the completely asinine comments of why would someone want to modify a perfectly good Bronco that the Ford engineers spent a ton of $$ to create?

It’s become painfully obvious that a lot of members on Bronco6G are new to off-roading and would be eaten alive on boards like pirate4x4.com and ih8mud.com.

While I respect the opinions and questions of some that have never owned an off-road/4WD vehicle and that there seems to be a true interest in some members wanting to know why, how, best practices and setups to transform their Bronco into a real trail machine. I don’t understand why if someone’s decides to gut their (not yours) new Bronco and upgrade every weak link to satisfy their style of off-roading people cringe?

I realize that not everyone will or needs to build a vehicle to conquer the deepest mud pits or tallest sand mountains or gnarliest rock trails and that the stock Bronco will satisfy 90% of the owners in stock or lightly modified form which is great! However, while some people are concerned with how to keep their door jambs clean, or what’s the best way to keep from getting a scratch or rock chip in their paint, there is an entire community of us that see the Bronco as a nice base platform due to its size, body on frame construction and interior room to transform into a true off-road vehicle that will tackle the toughest trails you can find and allow us to be 100+ miles away from any civilization without having to worry about breaking a tie rod end, bending a trailing arm or exploding to spider gears in the factory diff, etc.
This. PLEASE @mods.

I’m glad that this vehicle is drawing new people into the hobby of vehicles, and everyone starts somewhere. But every time someone does something mildly interesting (or breaks something attempting a trail more difficult than the local fire road), 3/5 comments are from the Reader’s Digest crowd uselessly dumping on OP for reasons that don’t make sense. The SFA thread was a perfect example, and it drives away people who want to document cool stuff they are doing to their Broncos.

This forum won’t survive on threads trying to figure out what is the best font to pick for their retro badges, or what decals to put on the hood.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is our 1980 Eagle in moab, fourwheeler magazine, and at home in hawaii. Unfortunately its getting to rusty to use and restore as a unibody. So we are going to swap the lift and whatever parts we need to this pristine 1980 from tucson az. Paid 900 for it and 1500 to ship it. Still cheaper than the welding work needed on my other one. So that will leave me with a nice cruiser and a shell for madmaxxy, body swap truvanar build mayhem. Eagles are really cool cars.
Ford Bronco Dana 60 Axle is in !!! IMG_4596
Ford Bronco Dana 60 Axle is in !!! 76173005_10156729150940205_8722872617314287616_n
Ford Bronco Dana 60 Axle is in !!! IMG_5295
Ford Bronco Dana 60 Axle is in !!! IMG_5175
Ford Bronco Dana 60 Axle is in !!! r1

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cause it’s SEMA 🤣
Yep, next year the bar will be Rockwells F&R :sneaky: But in all fairness the 4600 truck runs a D60, full float I imagine.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me, I think the front axle would be the weak point since I do not have squatch package, and therefore the locker and upgraded diff case.

Is the factory 44 rear with locker not a full floater? I thought I read somewhere that it was?

Edit: nevermind, semi float. But still, places like dynatrac use semi floaters in most of their stuff, even in most of their 60s that they advertise as 40 inch tire capable. I'll likely never offroad hard enough to break the stock shit anyway, just wanted to ask some questions.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any updates on the build? I'm curious to see where it goes next. There are not a lot of photos of this, but I assume you chopped the stock brackets off the M220 and slapped them on the D60?

Any sneaky bits to getting the speed sensor bits working, drive shaft flange silliness?

OP
OP
Doetsch Off-Road

Doetsch Off-Road

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4dr, 2021 Wildtrak, 2021 Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any updates on the build? I'm curious to see where it goes next. There are not a lot of photos of this, but I assume you chopped the stock brackets off the M220 and slapped them on the D60?

Any sneaky bits to getting the speed sensor bits working, drive shaft flange silliness?
this wasnt a random swap. This is a fully engineered Bronco ud60 with a specific part # and is a direct replacement... full plug and play.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this wasnt a random swap. This is a fully engineered Bronco ud60 with a specific part # and is a direct replacement... full plug and play.
Oh interesting, so it's a full Spicer orderable bolt in part?