Sponsored

Y'all Are More Patient Than Me (Defender v. Bronco Comparison)

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I gave up on my squatched Big Bend Bronco build back in June. And in June I ordered a no frills Land Rover Defender for believe it or not about the same price (no markup) as my reserved Bronco. I took delivery of the Defender in the beginning of October. And this past weekend the wife and I took it for some extensive off-roading on the trails in Big Bend. The Defender was a beast with no problems. I'm sure the Bronco would have been great too.

Coincidentally, when we were in a remote area of the park close to the Rio Grande, we saw a Big Bend Bronco about identical to my build, so I used the opportunity to park next to it and take a picture.
Ford Bronco Y'all Are More Patient Than Me (Defender v. Bronco Comparison) Defender&Bronco

Additionally, today I spoke with my Ford dealer and mY fOrD dEaLeR sAiD 8o% oF bRoNcOs ReSeRvEd JuLy 2o2o HaVeN't BeEn DeLiVeRed (this was hard to type). Who knows if there's any truth to this, but the dealer's comment still elicited an "Owen Wilson wow." Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this vehicle had been required for daily existence I would have cancelled long ago. My situation simply makes the Bronco a toy so waiting, as frustrating and ridiculous as it is , matters none. BTW, I don’t believe your dealer has any way of knowing what the percentage of delivered vs reserved Broncos is. I am in agreement with his statement, but I don’t believe for a second it is nothing more then a guess.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First time I’ve seen them next to each other. The defender looks like an angry little bitch haha
Bitch stole my fish face right there.

Ford Bronco Y'all Are More Patient Than Me (Defender v. Bronco Comparison) 1637098741521

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave up on my squatched Big Bend Bronco build back in June. And in June I ordered a no frills Land Rover Defender for believe it or not about the same price (no markup) as my reserved Bronco. I took delivery of the Defender in the beginning of October. And this past weekend the wife and I took it for some extensive off-roading on the trails in Big Bend. The Defender was a beast with no problems. I'm sure the Bronco would have been great too.

Coincidentally, when we were in a remote area of the park close to the Rio Grande, we saw a Big Bend Bronco about identical to my build, so I used the opportunity to park next to it and take a picture.
Ford Bronco Y'all Are More Patient Than Me (Defender v. Bronco Comparison) 1637098741521

Additionally, today I spoke with my Ford dealer and mY fOrD dEaLeR sAiD 8o% oF bRoNcOs ReSeRvEd JuLy 2o2o HaVeN't BeEn DeLiVeRed (this was hard to type). Who knows if there's any truth to this, but the dealer's comment still elicited an "Owen Wilson wow." Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
If I can't get the Bronco BL by Spring I'm considering the Defender 90. Maybe coil springs vs. adjustable suspension. I'm not going off-road in either. This V8 looks nice though...

Defender 90 White V8.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The C$25,000 price difference buys a LOT of patience.
Yea Defenders (and pretty much all cars) seem to be a bit more expensive in Canada.....And also depends on the Bronco you built. My new 2022 Defender was $57k , before tax title license.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not about patience. The Defender is not viable competition for the Bronco. Apples to oranges.
I tend to agree with this. Maybe the G Wagon is a better competitor with the Defender? I am just not sure what they are for. When I look at the Defender, off-road prowess doesn't spring to mind looks wise. It looks like a pretty princess you don't want to ruin in the mud. Nothing wrong with that, just not a Jeep or Bronco.

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a no frills Land Rover Defender for believe it or not about the same price (no markup) as my reserved Bronco
A fully loaded Big Bend is close in price to a bone stock Defender, but can hardly be compared. The bone stock Defender technically isn't even a 4x4

Last edited:

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea Defenders (and pretty much all cars) seem to be a bit more expensive in Canada.....And also depends on the Bronco you built. My new 2022 Defender was $57k , before tax title license.
The price difference between a Defender and a Bronco in the US is still over $22,000. That a monstrous difference and most people are not cross shopping vehicles that have that big of a price gap.

Sponsored

Allegedly

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not about patience. The Defender is not viable competition for the Bronco. Apples to oranges.
Have driven both extensively and have both on order (Defender for me and Bronco for my 16yo).

It's really hard to take you seriously. Even after I stopped laughing.

Ipe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, Expedition, Defender, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a Bronco last year in July, saw the writing on the wall that it wasn't coming anytime soon and bought a Defender 110 P400 HSE (I kept the Bronco reservation). Overall I like my Defender a lot, but I'm always feeling like its missing something, and that something is that it isn't a Bronco. So when my wife's Expedition lease ended and she wasn't able to get a Range Rover Sport of her liking she took over the Defender as hers and I've placed an order for a Badlands. Hopefully I'll get it in 2022.

The Defender is a great vehicle. Its been very dependable. Its very comfortable. Its fast and the brakes are amazing. It works well for what it is. I'm happy we have it. It just isn't a Bronco.

Good Luck with your Defender. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. It's a great vehicle. đź‘Ť

Allegedly

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved a Bronco last year in July, saw the writing on the wall that it wasn't coming anytime soon and bought a Defender 110 P400 HSE (I kept the Bronco reservation). Overall I like my Defender a lot, but I'm always feeling like its missing something, and that something is that it isn't a Bronco. So when my wife's Expedition lease ended and she wasn't able to get a Range Rover Sport of her liking she took over the Defender as hers and I've placed an order for a Badlands. Hopefully I'll get it in 2022.

The Defender is a great vehicle. Its been very dependable. Its very comfortable. Its fast and the brakes are amazing. It works well for what it is. I'm happy we have it. It just isn't a Bronco.

Good Luck with your Defender. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. It's a great vehicle. đź‘Ť
They're both great for what they are. I enjoyed driving the Bronco. A little loud and quirky but really fun. Lack of rear air in Florida and the WTF rear opening with a soft top were enough to make me personally say "never".

$3k brake jobs and $4k for a headlight will obviously turn a lot of people away from the Rover. To me, I take a lot of road trips and it's just the price to add comfort to the capability.

Saying it's not viable competition is silly. Almost everyone who hates LR has never driven one.

Efudd

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a 1995 Defender 90 for about 20 years, and I think the new Bronco is a better evolution of that than the new Defender is. I don't know if could sell the Bronco in 20 years for three times what I paid for it new, like I did the D90...but one can hope.
Sponsored