Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The 2.3L engine was "leaked" at a Canadian Tire store, adding more validation for what our members already know about the 2021 Ford Bronco. :like:

Ford Bronco Leaks With 2.3-Liter Engine Thanks To Auto Parts Store

2021-Ford-Bronco-2.3L-Engine-2.jpg

It's probably the same version as in the Ford Ranger.

The upcoming Ford Bronco allegedly uses a 2.3-liter engine, according to a new leak from a very unlikely place. A writer for Off-Road.com discovered the info on a tablet for looking up parts at a Canadian Tire store.

The listing for the 2021 Ford Bronco is also on Canadian Tire's website. Motor1.com believes the "4-140" part of the specification refers to four cylinders and 140 cubic inches, which is equal to 2.3 liters.

The Bronco using a 2.3-liter mill makes sense because the SUV has the same underpinnings as the Ranger. The pickup's turbocharged mill makes 270 horsepower (201 kilowatts) and 310 pound-feet (420 Newton-meters) of torque. Power runs through a 10-speed automatic to an all-wheel-drive system.

2021-Ford-Bronco-2.3L-Engine-1.jpg

2021-Ford-Bronco-2.3L-Engine-3.jpg

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's probably a pretty safe guess that the 2.3 Ecoboost will make its way into the Bronco, and this is just more confirmation. The interesting question is what OTHER engines it will get.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It isn't confirmation. The people doing data entry for this parts store program are just making an educated guess.

If it was written by Ford or the entries were made at the direction of Ford then you have something. Nothing here indicates any of that to be the case. Just some schlub filling in blanks in a spreadsheet, and other people assuming he has insider knowledge because numbers on screens at a store look "official" if you don't think about how it works.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The guys at my local Discount Tire claim they will stock oversize tires and custom rims that will fit the Bronco, but they're being tight-lipped on the details. They claimed there was nothing to show me on the fitment lookup screen, yet they seemed a little too confident that it would have four on-road tires but would require a total of five if one wanted to upgrade or replace the "spare".

Clearly, they know something big and won't divulge the info to the general public.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a safe bet that the wheel specs will match the Ranger, just as it is there will be a shared 2.3L. Common parts at the assembly plant and all that.

"Confirmed" requires more than logic or supposition though.

I also find it confusing that the Administrator talks about the 2.7 being more or less confirmed as well, even though we've seen nothing that would support such a statement. Then again, they also posted articles about the Bronco using images of the baby, so whatever ...

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another possible engine option is the 3.3 V6 Hybrid power train. We Know we are getting a Hybrid option. Parts commonality is very important to keep costs down so it make sense that this ends up in the Ranger and Bronco. Here is a good video on how the system works.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One detail the various articles about this got right is that there is a great deal of fervent speculation about the Bronco, and that even the most trivial tidbit or clue will garner an unusual level of attention.

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very true Stampede.offroad.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It isn't confirmation. The people doing data entry for this parts store program are just making an educated guess.

If it was written by Ford or the entries were made at the direction of Ford then you have something. Nothing here indicates any of that to be the case. Just some schlub filling in blanks in a spreadsheet, and other people assuming he has insider knowledge because numbers on screens at a store look "official" if you don't think about how it works.
Agreed. I work at the biggest auto parts distributor on earth and have experience with software like this and the people that program it. Is it likely that the 2.3 will be the predominant engine that will be offered in the Bronco? Yes. Does this parts store prove it? Absolutely not.

Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2.3 Ecoboost in the Bronco is pretty much a give me.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as I like getting new news about the Bronco I can't put too much into this one. I will be blaming Canada though.
blame_canada.gif

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not buying a Bronco with a 2.3. I know it is a great engine and one of the few universally positive things about the new Ranger, but it needs a different engine. Status quo isn't going to do cut it. The Bronco is supposed to be a market disruptor and a bland engine isn't going to do it.

Ford should take notice of the Kia Telluride, that is a market disruptor. Kia loaded it out with a premium interior, exterior at an awesome price point. Ford needs to wow us buyers with an awesome design and powertrain. if not then it will fall away just like the Toyota FJ.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldn’t necessarily mind the 2.3, especially if it was the only way to get a manual. However, I wouldn’t be upset if they offered some sort of EB V6, and I’d be ecstatic if they offered a V6 WITH a manual

I’ve been saying it for years, and I’ll say it again... PEOPLE WHO WANT A MANUAL WILL PAY EXTRA FOR A MANUAL. Auto manufacturers need to stop this nonsense of “if we’re going to offer a manual, it’s ONLY going to be on the base model, and it’s going to be a standard option”. They’re throwing money out the window. Make the price with an auto the standard price and make the manual a $1500 upgrade, opposite of what is currently being done
Sponsored