Broncodawg4

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How long are we thinking the markups will stay high on Broncos? I have an opportunity to buy one at a markup, but one of the lower markups I’ve seen. I am an 8/6/2021 reservation and ordered on 10/13, so who knows when I’ll get scheduled for build. Thinking about pulling the trigger on this one, but still having mine built and deciding which one to keep. Would be nice to be able to make up for the markup I pay by selling the other to Carmax
Sponsored

Kevers

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It seems to me that without a shipped order confirmation you are risking that your build order will be completed before the car price bubble pops. If it pops before you take delivery then you are stuck with the same mark up. Besides buying at a markup just encourages that behavior among the dealers.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It will remain, this is going to be a long car vehicle winter. I am still trying to get a dually after 6+ months. CarMax offered 10k over book for my wife’s car. Don’t expect it to let up any time soon.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would give it less than a year or two. Once more Broncos are delivered, they won't be such a rarity that people will be wiling to pay above MSRP for. Plus, other car manufacturers will bring new vehicles to the marker. Also, chip shortages and other supply issues are causing high prices across the board.

Last edited:

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet it lasts for at least 2 years. We won't see normal inventory levels until mid 2023 or 2024 from what Ford tells me.

Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Within 2 weeks I went from seeing zero to 6 new Broncos.
This is just my narrow little world. Ford makes 300 Broncos per shift...or about that.
Everyday there are a dozen or more listed on Ebay. So over payers are getting their fix every week.
The mannequin Broncos will become available February to April.

I'm guessing that by summer of 2022 msrp will be where 75% of them are selling on the used market.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long are we thinking the markups will stay high on Broncos? I have an opportunity to buy one at a markup, but one of the lower markups I’ve seen. I am an 8/6/2021 reservation and ordered on 10/13, so who knows when I’ll get scheduled for build. Thinking about pulling the trigger on this one, but still having mine built and deciding which one to keep. Would be nice to be able to make up for the markup I pay by selling the other to Carmax
I hope you meant 8/6/2020 and not 2021. Look at it this way. It is like attending a sporting event or a concert. If you want a beer bad enough you will pay $10 for a beer that normally cost $1.25. If you want a Bronco now versus waiting then you will pay up. Just remember, it may seem like an eternity while waiting, but time will fly by once you have a Bronco and before you know it, you’ll be driving around in a Bronco you paid a mark up on while others are driving Broncos at or under sticker.

OP
OP

Broncodawg4

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope you meant 8/6/2020 and not 2021. Look at it this way. It is like attending a sporting event or a concert. If you want a beer bad enough you will pay $10 for a beer that normally cost $1.25. If you want a Bronco now versus waiting then you will pay up. Just remember, it may seem like an eternity while waiting, but time will fly by once you have a Bronco and before you know it, you’ll be driving around in a Bronco you paid a mark up on while others are driving Broncos at or under sticker.
No, unfortunately 8/2021, but I am a soft top and only constraint is Lux package. Just haven’t seen a lot of rhyme or reason to who is having their builds scheduled. Seen some who ordered 10/21 being scheduled for build in the last round. Was originally hoping I’d have mine by summer 2022, but also realize it could be 2023. Would be nice to know some kind of time frame.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many times is this question going to be asked…be asked…be asked 🤦

Ford Bronco Thoughts on Bronco markups 1637254343099
Sponsored