Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have upgraded all 6 of my speakers to Infinity Reference with 300Hz bass blockers on the fronts. I definitely notice an improvement in clarity, but overall I’m a little disappointed. These speakers should sound better than they do IMO.

I ran across this mustang video and I’m wondering if it could be the missing piece. He also installed Infinity Reference speakers and was initially underwhelmed. Then, he used forscan to disable the stock stereo from filtering the speakers and the system came alive.

I’m wondering if Bronco has a similar forscan accessible control.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Following

However, I believe I've seen this referenced before and the reason it was being done was that the filtering was blocking a subwoofer tapping signal off of some speakers and the low frequencies were almost wholly pruned. I would however like to hear more about this :) I am going to post in the ForScan thread for you.

EDIT: I posted here on your behalf (and mine) :)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-forscan-thread.844/page-23#post-973110

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have read that there have been issues with upgrading the kick panel speakers. You might try swapping the factory ones in just for them to see if that makes the sound better. My guess is that the factory radio has a DSP specifically tuned to that (low quality) woofer. Now, what makes that a little interesting is that the best result for running an aftermarket sub is splicing from one of those kick panel wires. Maybe the DSP is tuned to just the high and mid range, and the lows have a base blocker right at the speaker? It's a conundrum. Maybe the folks at Crutchfield have figured it out.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, the B&O reportedly has a somewhat mediocre sub/ sub amp. Not that I would want a crazy bone-shaking machine. I may move my 8" Polk MoMo/ Rockford Fosgate mono into my "imaginary Wildtrak" to tighten up the bass definition. I may need to break out my Thiele Small calculator and redesign the enclosure to fit the fold down height of the back seat.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just finished adding Kicker CSC4s to the rear pods. I do believe there is some upstream frequency filtering. My CSC4s in the front felt like they came alive when I swapped those but these hardly seem any different.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this comment on F150 Forum useful in regards to attempting alter the EQ:

Ford Bronco Base Audio Upgrade and Forscan 1637275973549

I'm inclined now to just leave things along back there, and I never intend to add a subwoofer so I doubt any of the more advanced changes are necessary. I am still on the fence on if I'm going to install the kick panel speakers.

qbd1414

Big Bend
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just added the two rear speakers and noticed no difference ... it didn't sound good, but maybe better than the stock speakers. I added the front ones yesterday and you can tell the difference but not sure if I like the front 2-way speakers... I just want a speaker that I can hear music like I do with my bluetooth speakers... I don't understand why it is so hard to research audio!!! I just ordered a 4 way speaker to see if I like that better it was cheaper and probably less powerful but I just don't like how a 2 way speaker is separating the sounds. Again it sounds better than the standard speakers... I figured out the door kick panels must but the base / woofers so unsure if you change those it will help with the front speakers--- but the front sounds ten time better than the back. The back does not connect to the front kick panels for base so I think the 2 ways need the base connection.

I really need an audio for dummy I had to stare at wires today ... I figured out the diagram and colors then opened the speakers to only have the two colors connected to two black wires!!!! gees thanks!!!!

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this comment on F150 Forum useful in regards to attempting alter the EQ:

1637275973549.png

I'm inclined now to just leave things along back there, and I never intend to add a subwoofer so I doubt any of the more advanced changes are necessary. I am still on the fence on if I'm going to install the kick panel speakers.
Thank you for this. I’m thinking the Bronco could be setup similarly. The Pickens Party of 5 subwoofer install didn’t work well when they were connected to the rear speakers and then came alive when connected to the fronts. This makes a lot of sense if the rears are 50 hz high pass filtered.

Maybe I need to play with my basic eq settings or consider adding a sub. I just haven’t thought of a clean way to run the left and right front channels to a sub in the rear.

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just added the two rear speakers and noticed no difference ... it didn't sound good, but maybe better than the stock speakers. I added the front ones yesterday and you can tell the difference but not sure if I like the front 2-way speakers... I just want a speaker that I can hear music like I do with my bluetooth speakers... I don't understand why it is so hard to research audio!!! I just ordered a 4 way speaker to see if I like that better it was cheaper and probably less powerful but I just don't like how a 2 way speaker is separating the sounds. Again it sounds better than the standard speakers... I figured out the door kick panels must but the base / woofers so unsure if you change those it will help with the front speakers--- but the front sounds ten time better than the back. The back does not connect to the front kick panels for base so I think the 2 ways need the base connection.

I really need an audio for dummy I had to stare at wires today ... I figured out the diagram and colors then opened the speakers to only have the two colors connected to two black wires!!!! gees thanks!!!!
Is there room for a 5.5 speaker in the rear?

Sponsored

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have read that there have been issues with upgrading the kick panel speakers. You might try swapping the factory ones in just for them to see if that makes the sound better. My guess is that the factory radio has a DSP specifically tuned to that (low quality) woofer. Now, what makes that a little interesting is that the best result for running an aftermarket sub is splicing from one of those kick panel wires. Maybe the DSP is tuned to just the high and mid range, and the lows have a base blocker right at the speaker? It's a conundrum. Maybe the folks at Crutchfield have figured it out.
This is what I am finding out. Factory kicks sound ok. Good mid bass. The area they are mounted in is built like a ported box with the port located at the bottom. I changed them out for JBL's and the bass pretty much went away. EQ cranked all the way up and yet mid bass gone and low bass quiet. I am thinking that the factory head is tuned for the factory speakers. I also bought front and rears but haven't done anything yet cause I'm trying to figure out if someone will find a forscan answer. Either that or I'm going to add something like the kicker key amp and DSP. This is the most ridiculous system I have ever dealt with

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these audio threads keep pointing me into the same direction.
Buy a DSP4068 and learn to tune speakers. I wonder if I install it myself, would a stereo shop tune them for me?

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is what I am finding out. Factory kicks sound ok. Good mid bass. The area they are mounted in is built like a ported box with the port located at the bottom. I changed them out for JBL's and the bass pretty much went away. EQ cranked all the way up and yet mid bass gone and low bass quiet. I am thinking that the factory head is tuned for the factory speakers. I also bought front and rears but haven't done anything yet cause I'm trying to figure out if someone will find a forscan answer. Either that or I'm going to add something like the kicker key amp and DSP. This is the most ridiculous system I have ever dealt with
It's a shame that these factory head units don`t include an easily accessible set of pre-amp outputs.

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you really want to see noticeable gains you need to get a digital signal processor, it will open up any system and give you a ton of flexibility. I prefer a Rockford Fosgate 360, programed correctly it will blow your mind. Keep in mind the Bronco is not designed for sound fidelity and doesn't have any sound deadening whatsoever so at some point you just get what you get.
Sponsored