Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When they hit full stride, about 5 months.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am just doing the Math here 230 000 x 100 = 23 000 000 (+ people who have ordered 2 Broncos just in case ) now thats a lot of cash in 2 and a half weeks.

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I said the same. people not on this list aren't driven by all of the speculation and false info. Most of those people likely wouldn't even think to reserve more than one if they only plan on buying one.
I joined here only after making a (single) reservation, mainly to learn some more and ask some questions. I'm not a Jeep conquest buyer, but I also (for various reasons) would not buy a Jeep instead of a Bronco. Given what I know now, it would basically take a dealer killing the deal with ADM to not convert my reservation into an order. I think my wife is even more excited about it than I am. :) So, I guess I could be counted as "expanding the market". :):)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone suggested on here a while ago the Michigan plant can possibly produce around 350 Broncos a day. I have no clue if this is anywhere near accurate but let’s say it is, for fun or anxiety. 230,000 units at 350 a day would be 658 days. Even if we say half of those are ”real” reservations. That’s still 329 days to produce. I sure Hope they're working 7 days week and can make more than 350 a day.
Someone with inside knowledge said 1200 per day once the body shop was up to speed. He also said they will also run 70/30 ratio with Ranger and that ratio could be adjusted.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If they have that much demand, it should be 24-7 (3 shifts) and possibly output at another plant. Ford is in the business to make vehicles that make them money. They've never had this much demand for a vehicle and they need to capture that and not let it subside.

They can hire more workers & it's up to the workers if they want to work additional shifts/etc.
Problem is they have to deal with UAW and they will never let that happen. They have to work within the confines of their Union deal. Also have to be able to source parts and those manufacturers have to keep up with the demand too. And normally that third shift at a plant is time for maintenance and cleaning.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know if there is just misinformation out there or I'm just missing something.

If someone decides to wait and not get a Bronco through a reservation, could they possibly face above MSRP charges?
I'm thinking yes and many will be willing to pay the markup to get one sooner than many on the reservation list due to someone deciding to cancel one on order.

Nite93

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Map is building the Ranger on the same line. Not the same comparison.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I heard correctly, it is speculated that roughly half of produced vehicles will be made for special orders while the other half will be made for dealerships. If that is true, and they are able to produce 500 a day it would still take over 15 months from the beginning of production to catch up to today's orders. That's if 40% of these orders fall off.
I would be very surprised if Ford made any Broncos for dealer stock before filling reservations. People like me would be pissed that some guy can walk in off the street and get a Bronco before I get mine after having put a reservation in on the first day and waited a year. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode:

Jerry: I don't understand, I made a reservation. Do you have my reservation?

Clerk: Yes, we do. Unfortunately, we ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation!

Clerk: I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do! If you did, I would have a car! See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation--the holding. Anybody can just take 'em! :ROFLMAO:

Cmarch0519

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, if the reservations started at 10100000 and the most recent one added to the list is 10352xxx that should be roughly 250k now. Curious to see how many pan out to orders myself. I'll admit I waited a bit thinking there was going to be a Build and Price tool in short order. Now I'm hoping I'll see it Fall of 21.
I’m not sure how the reservation numbers really break down... My reservation was in at 2006 hours PST on 7/13. I just looked at the list compiled for this site, and someone who reserved on 7/15 has a number lower then mine.

Sponsored

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For FCA this news is just another of the 4 horses of the Broncpocalypse

1. Lockers and 35's likely under 40k

2. Modern styling and features

3. Massive reservation numbers

4. ????

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would imagine there will be a lot of attrition for a multitude of reasons.
Some people reserved more than one, people change their mind, financial reasons, etc...

It will be interesting to see how many of the 230k reservations make it to actual "i bought a bronco". My guess would be 60%. So 40% fall by the wayside for numerous reasons. Total blind guess
It's a good guess Robert, I would think many may fall by the wayside when reality hits.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not close to it, but that number sounds similar to what I’ve heard. Even if they only make 175k Broncos from these reservations, you’re close to two years production. Unless they push out thousands more than they expected, it’s a logistics nightmare. Suppliers plan off of expected volumes. They may be able to react to this a year in advance, but I don’t really know that side of the business.

I don’t know how they’re going to manage the redo in orders for the 2022MY as it won’t be completely the same as 2021MY.

I can’t stress how unbelievable this is. The market segment basically doubled in two weeks.
That’s why I’m suprised they haven’t closed reservations, ya I get it sell and produce but if your telling people to please place an order come December and then possibly wait 18 months for it, most people walk away from this. Then imagine a break in the supply chain and now 18 months turns into 2 years, really doesn’t make sense.
Why would we reserve and then place orders for a 2021 Bronco and not get it til what 2023
Sponsored