Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would be very surprised if Ford made any Broncos for dealer stock before filling reservations. People like me would be pissed that some guy can walk in off the street and get a Bronco before I get mine after having put a reservation in on the first day and waited a year. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode:

Jerry: I don't understand, I made a reservation. Do you have my reservation?

Clerk: Yes, we do. Unfortunately, we ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation!

Clerk: I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do! If you did, I would have a car! See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation--the holding. Anybody can just take 'em! :ROFLMAO:
From the reservation faq
All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.
Sponsored

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, I have not. This will be my first as well. I put a $500 deposit when I first saw the Bronco R back in Nov. They had no info on the Bronco at the time, so they put me down on a Harley to hold me a spot as they did not know how many Broncos were going to be given to them to sell...I started to panic when I saw how fast reservations were being sold, so I made my deposit with Ford. If one res falls through, I'll have a back up plan
Yup I’m in the exact same boat. Have a $509 deposit on an Escape ? Then then they start taking orders I’m gonna try and rush my form in and try to get one of the first ones allocated to MAS. That said, I’m holding onto my dealer reservation as long as I can as insurance.

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Too lazy to read through 12 pages, but how many of these do you think will turn into actual orders? 60-70%....?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
From the reservation faq
All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.
But what does "stock unit" mean? It might not mean what some people think.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s why I’m suprised they haven’t closed reservations, ya I get it sell and produce but if your telling people to please place an order come December and then possibly wait 18 months for it, most people walk away from this. Then imagine a break in the supply chain and now 18 months turns into 2 years, really doesn’t make sense.
Why would we reserve and then place orders for a 2021 Bronco and not get it til what 2023
I have to wonder if Ford is very confident they have enough reservations that will convert to orders to cover a year? I'm thinking they'd cap them as not to piss off too many potential customers.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would be very surprised if Ford made any Broncos for dealer stock before filling reservations. People like me would be pissed that some guy can walk in off the street and get a Bronco before I get mine after having put a reservation in on the first day and waited a year. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode:

Jerry: I don't understand, I made a reservation. Do you have my reservation?

Clerk: Yes, we do. Unfortunately, we ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation!

Clerk: I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do! If you did, I would have a car! See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation--the holding. Anybody can just take 'em! :ROFLMAO:
I definitely understand that, and would be frustrated as well for sure! I just can't imagine that after the release of the vehicle, that it would be over a year before any dealerships get any to show off or sell. Also, I am sure there are A LOT of people who would like to see one and test drive before they order. Would that mean they would need to wait potentially until 2023 until they could?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow, news travels fast. I just got home from work and I have (2) emails from separate Jeep dealers. Title is: "Thank you for your interest in a Jeep vehicle"

LMAO, I was searching Jeeps for my wife's friend about 3 months ago. Guess they are trying to get in some final sales before the Bronco starts production.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the only vote that matters is your wallet so don't buy one and move on.

At least let most of us enjoy it. :)
Brilliant advice ...

Broncokat

Black Diamond
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 trail boss Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi All I’m new to the forum .
I had a thought about dealer allotments and I think if I were a dealer owner, I would’ve had four or five of my employees reserve Broncos.
Then build them and bring them in and then cancel them as if a customer cancelled them.
Then , I could mark those up on people that just walk in because they weren’t reserved for anyone specific that seem like a good idea to me..
I wonder if some or most have done this ...

Sponsored

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup I’m in the exact same boat. Have a $509 deposit on an Escape ? Then then they start taking orders I’m gonna try and rush my form in and try to get one of the first ones allocated to MAS. That said, I’m holding onto my dealer reservation as long as I can as insurance.
I'm hoping that MAS goes by first deposit, first order. If that is the case, then I would be #3 through MAS to get my Bronco, or at least 3rd ordered. When I placed my deposit, they said that they already had 2 others in front of me in their system at that time. I think I put my deposit down like the day after the Bronco R was released.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If they have that much demand, it should be 24-7 (3 shifts) and possibly output at another plant. Ford is in the business to make vehicles that make them money. They've never had this much demand for a vehicle and they need to capture that and not let it subside.

They can hire more workers & it's up to the workers if they want to work additional shifts/etc.
Ford would love to be able to just that, and I would also. I would like the ability to order one late 2022 if possible. But, the machinery must be down for maintenance to be done. Hence the 2 shift run, and one shift down. If they try to run 3 shifts without maintenance they could occur more downtime than just shutting down that 1 shift. The way the lines are set up one segment down shuts the entire process down.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone notice all of the Jeep ads on this forum? I’ve got a FE Sport on order for my wife. I might go ahead and make a reservation for a 4 door - I should get it in a couple of years when I’m ready to retire.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But what does "stock unit" mean? It might not mean what some people think.
To me, those are the one's that are built for dealers and are available for sale.
Sponsored