Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm quite happy when the engine cuts off and I'm not burning fuel, especially when I'm in Eco mode. Not sure what all the fuss is about.
Pretty sure the fuss is just so people have something to complain about. I don't even notice the stop start.
Some say it’s bad for the engine long term.
It absolutely is bad for the engine, long term. Shorter term, it's bad for the starter. And I can see some potential safety hazards as well, or at least much greater annoyances than seem to be obvious to many.

Certainly, if your engine is being stopped and started much more often than actually makes any sense, you're going to wear the starter out that much faster. And eventually, this will lead to its premature failure.

Now, without stop/start, when your starter does eventually fail, it will be when you are parked somewhere safely, and trying to leave. With stop/start, your starter will fail much sooner, and there's a very good chance that it will be when you're stopped in traffic, and trying to get moving again.

Consider, also, than while most fairly new engines start up very quickly, older engines, with some wear on them, often get a bit fussier about starting, and may need to be cranked for several seconds before they start. Do you really want to be stopped in traffic, trying to get moving again, with others backed up behind, you, and possibly a short light that will soon turn red again, when your engine is being fussy about restarting?

When I get my Bronco, this is going to be one of the very first modifications I make to it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those in eco and happy for ASS, curious… do ya’ll ride around with no AC too? I mean for fuel economy and stuff. 😉
Now that's just crazy talk! :ROFLMAO:

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those in eco and happy for ASS, curious… do ya’ll ride around with no AC too? I mean for fuel economy and stuff. 😉
That's why the top and doors can be removed, duh

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure what the "feel" means. I'm just glad it wasn't running for that minute or two. Kind of like the feeling seeing solar panels on my roof. Some think they are an eye sore, but I think they're beautiful.
You can feel it restart. It is annoying and chatty. Bleck.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's why the top and doors can be removed, duh
Not sure if there’s sarcasm here or not but just for fun… You like ASS and think sitting in traffic or intersection with no A/C the solution is no doors no top?? If I missed sarcasm, let me know.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure if there’s sarcasm here or not but just for fun… You like ASS and think sitting in traffic or intersection with no A/C the solution is no doors no top?? If I missed sarcasm, let me know.
Sarcasm

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sport Mode does not turn off Auto Start Stop. At least in my Wildtrak.
That was the entire point of my post. :LOL: :LOL: If you don't like it, turn it off OR use sport mode.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back when I was scraping by, paycheck to paycheck, you bet your ASS I was paying attention to how much my ac was running. We don't all start in the big leagues.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Back when I was scraping by, paycheck to paycheck, you bet your ASS I was paying attention to how much my ac was running. We don't all start in the big leagues.
Cool story bro. A lot of us have those.

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco has a built-in hack for this too. After you press the button to start your Bronco, move your finger 6 inches and press the fancy button to disable auto-stop/start.

giphy.gif
You and I have different definitions of what 6 inches looks like. I like your version better

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of butt talk going on in this thread…
Sponsored