Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if it would be any benefit to forum members both present and future, to post ALL the shit dealers who have fucked us over? Maybe tag @jalopnick and @motortrend and any other mag that would help get the word out.
From where I'm sitting, after my dealer dicked me outta my rig these scumbags need to be outed. Oh and if you think that Ford corporate gives a shit, they don't. According to a regional dealer rep I was working with, and I quote "at the end of the day, the dealer has the final say on price"
Sponsored

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm surprised this isn't already a thing.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
A legit up to date list would be useful. Time is money. Aggravation adds to cost. Some folks don't factor that stuff into the price, but I do.

A dealer list that helped reduce time spent and aggravation when getting a Bronco, would be of value.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A legit up to date list would be useful. Time is money. Aggravation adds to cost. Some folks don't factor that stuff into the price, but I do.

A dealer list that helped reduce time spent and aggravation when getting a Bronco, would be of value.
Pretty sure someone has a Google sheet with dealer info gathered.

OP
OP
Bob 07064

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread will get deleted for sure. The powers that be don't like it when you're too mean to dealers on this forum. They say "capitalism" gives dealers the right to charge whatever they want, but it also somehow protects them from criticism on this forum. Dealers love rugged capitalism until it starts happening to them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bob 07064

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Actually I would hope if this thread gained traction, someone higher up the food chain @Ford would see it and sanction shitty dealers. But I digress...

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually I would hope if this thread gained traction, someone higher up the food chain @Ford would see it and sanction shitty dealers. But I digress...
If FoMoCo were interested in preventing dealerships from spoiling the brand, they could start with a corporate price-protection (like they promised last year) or denying stock to dealers that are selling (used, test driven) mannequins for $100k+.

I can't trust Ford dealerships after the stories I've heard on this forum; I've had nothing but good experiences at every Subaru, Honda, Toyota and Audi dealer I've been to. But, unless I can buy at MSRP without haggling "mandatory" dealer markups, I won't be buying another Ford.

My last 3 Subarus were made in Indiana, and American jobs are priority #1 for me now that I can afford to choose where my money is spent, but Ford doesn't make it easy to support them as a manufacturer when they leave you high-and-dry to be taken advantage of at their dealers. No other American made product (Tech, Agriculture, Retail, etc...) suffers from such blatant dealer manipulation of the system.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like an outdated version, taken from this very forum. It even cites this forum as the source.

See https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...m-x-plans-special-discounts-master-list.2010/ for the current version.

I see that the article you cite lists Serramonte Ford as being one that will charge an ADM, while the version here says no, it doesn't, and @Gloff, as a representative of Serramonte, has repeatedly promised no ADM on ordered Broncos.

It does seem that there is a distinction that is ignored, that perhaps ought to be reflected on such a list. Buying an extant vehicle off the lot is different than ordering one. What Serramonte promises, is no ADM on ordered Broncos, but from looking at their web site, I see that they do charge a very hefty ADM on their stock that you can buy off the lot.

That seems fair enough to me. When you buy a vehicle off the dealer's lot, you know what you're getting into up front. You see the vehicle, and you know what it is going to cost, before you commit to anything, and if you're willing to pay what the dealer is asking, then who is anyone to tell you you can't, or to tell the dealer he shouldn't sell it to whomever is willing to pay the most for it?

On the other hand, when you order a vehicle form a dealer, you're committing to buy that vehicle at some point in the future, when it finally arrives. I think a consumer has every right to expect that the deal he's told he's going to get, at the time he places the order, is the deal he's going to get when the order is fulfilled. Especially with a tight-supply vehicle such as the Bronco, with long wait times, the buyer of an ordered vehicle doesn't have nearly the freedom to decide, he doesn't like the deal he's getting when it comes time to complete it, and walk away to try to find a better deal from another dealer.

I couldn't even really condemn a dealer that will charge a hefty ADM on an ordered vehicle, as long as this is made clear at the time the order is placed. At that point, the buyer still has perfect freedom, just as if he was buying off the lot, to decide to go look for a better deal from another dealer.

What is really dirty, of course, is all the stories we've heard where a customer has waited for months, in some cases over a year, for his ordered vehicle, only to be told when it finally arrives that the dealer is going to charge an ADM that wasn't mentioned at the time the order was made.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I don't agree with the harsh language OP, I do agree a dealer should be called out for terrible customer service as well as excellent service.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bob 07064

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I don't agree with the harsh language OP, I do agree a dealer should be called out for terrible customer service as well as excellent service.
Agreed! And I like it salty so....

OP
OP
Bob 07064

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks like an outdated version, taken from this very forum. It even cites this forum as the source.

See https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...m-x-plans-special-discounts-master-list.2010/ for the current version.

I see that the article you cite lists Serramonte Ford as being one that will charge an ADM, while the version here says no, it doesn't, and @Gloff, as a representative of Serramonte, has repeatedly promised no ADM on ordered Broncos.

It does seem that there is a distinction that is ignored, that perhaps ought to be reflected on such a list. Buying an extant vehicle off the lot is different than ordering one. What Serramonte promises, is no ADM on ordered Broncos, but from looking at their web site, I see that they do charge a very hefty ADM on their stock that you can buy off the lot.

That seems fair enough to me. When you buy a vehicle off the dealer's lot, you know what you're getting into up front. You see the vehicle, and you know what it is going to cost, before you commit to anything, and if you're willing to pay what the dealer is asking, then who is anyone to tell you you can't, or to tell the dealer he shouldn't sell it to whomever is willing to pay the most for it?

On the other hand, when you order a vehicle form a dealer, you're committing to buy that vehicle at some point in the future, when it finally arrives. I think a consumer has every right to expect that the deal he's told he's going to get, at the time he places the order, is the deal he's going to get when the order is fulfilled. Especially with a tight-supply vehicle such as the Bronco, with long wait times, the buyer of an ordered vehicle doesn't have nearly the freedom to decide, he doesn't like the deal he's getting when it comes time to complete it, and walk away to try to find a better deal from another dealer.

I couldn't even really condemn a dealer that will charge a hefty ADM on an ordered vehicle, as long as this is made clear at the time the order is placed. At that point, the buyer still has perfect freedom, just as if he was buying off the lot, to decide to go look for a better deal from another dealer.

What is really dirty, of course, is all the stories we've heard where a customer has waited for months, in some cases over a year, for his ordered vehicle, only to be told when it finally arrives that the dealer is going to charge an ADM that wasn't mentioned at the time the order was made.
My link is at least from this year and with most dealers that don't charge an ADM fee, it was done with a hand shake. Here in jersey an email or text is as good as a contract but these shitty dealers don't care. And who is going to try to litigate against that? Are court fees worth it? Not really...

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My link is at least from this year and with most dealers that don't charge an ADM fee, it was done with a hand shake. Here in jersey an email or text is as good as a contract but these shitty dealers don't care. And who is going to try to litigate against that? Are court fees worth it? Not really...
I saw it said, somewhere that there's a conscious purpose to the size of these markups.

It's legally dubious, at best, to promise one price, and then jack it up later. But the markups are on a scale that is too big to take to small claims court, but not enough to make it worth the cost of fighting in full court. It's a range that may have been specifically crafted to be something that an unscrupulous dealer can get away with, even if it is illegal, without the customer having a viable recourse, at lest not via litigation.

I realized some time after I placed my order, that I had failed to take some of the measures that are widely advised to protect myself. I have a copy of an order sheet with my signature, but not that of anyone from the dealership. If the dealership were to pull the last-minute markup crap on me, I'd have little legal recourse. But again, it would cost more to litigate over it than any such markup is likely to be, anyway.

My only real assurance is the reputation that this dealership has in this community, and the repeated promises that its representative has openly made here on this very forum.

OP
OP
Bob 07064

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw it said, somewhere that there's a conscious purpose to the size of these markups.

It's legally dubious, at best, to promise one price, and then jack it up later. But the markups are on a scale that is too big to take to small claims court, but not enough to make it worth the cost of fighting in full court. It's a range that may have been specifically crafted to be something that an unscrupulous dealer can get away with, even if it is illegal, without the customer having a viable recourse, at lest not via litigation.

I realized some time after I placed my order, that I had failed to take some of the measures that are widely advised to protect myself. I have a copy of an order sheet with my signature, but not that of anyone from the dealership. If the dealership were to pull the last-minute markup crap on me, I'd have little legal recourse. But again, it would cost more to litigate over it than any such markup is likely to be, anyway.

My only real assurance is the reputation that this dealership has in this community, and the repeated promises that its representative has openly made here on this very forum.
Consider yourself lucky then. I had an almost 40yr relationship with my dealer till they changed hands. The new mgnt returned my deposit which they claim gave them the right to" break" my contract...
Sponsored