Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is just a preliminary Scheduling E-mail. From the other build week threads.. you wont be in the system to check and follow till way closer to your build week. Plus they have been having intermittent issues for everyone the last few days.
Thanks!
Sponsored

sjaholic

Wildtrak
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 ford mainline 1962 ford falcon 1999 nissan pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

received the email Thursday afternoon.
early 7/14 reservation
two door wildtrak
race red

build date 1/24. Exactly one year from when I placed the order.
it’s about time!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I give up, going truck shopping tomorrow.
I would, I got into this fiasco last August for a Bronco for my wife never expecting this shit storm. I placed an October too with Granger and I liked the 4 door squatch so much I was going to use it. I gave up after 4-5 weeks because this is dumb and bought a Gladiator, couldn’t be happier. It’s funny to watch everyone try to explain how they’re just smart and picked a build without constraints. Like the 10K early reservation holders here didn’t change to a soft top 5-6 months ago. I knew I’d be waiting reserving a month late but it’s sickening to watch good people waiting 16 months getting passed over for their EXACT BUILD by people who ordered days ago. All because dealers and allocations, stupidest shit I’ve ever seen in my life.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did Ford give you an opportunity to update your order for MY 22, ie: mod bumper or capable bumper? Thanks
Actually I got an email from Ford saying my order was converted, then about a week later I got a call from my dealer (literally the first outbound call they made to me this entire time) to come in a sign a new order to ensure accuracy. That's when we verified everything and I made sure the HD bumper was still on.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really? Wonder if it just takes a few days to get into the system or something. Interestingly enough just ran across a YouTube that’s premiering at 8 am from All Terrain Nation—it’s titled Bronco: Holy Shit..is this your VIN? So I don’t know if that could be happening to people but gonna check out and will let you know.
Ok so I just tried the 4 digit code on your order sheet and it worked. So give that a try.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actually I got an email from Ford saying my order was converted, then about a week later I got a call from my dealer (literally the first outbound call they made to me this entire time) to come in a sign a new order to ensure accuracy. That's when we verified everything and I made sure the HD bumper was still on.
I have called my dealer so many times that I should get the commission for the sale.

Ducksworth

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might be able to make money on your Rubicon. I did the same. Bought one in February and sold it in August and made $2500 on it because you can’t find them now.
That is what I am hoping! I got a pretty decent deal on it and when I checked the value recently it was worth quite a bit more than I paid for it. Ridiculous what is happening with vehicle values right now.

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully they won’t respond to you….that’s even more frustrating! “We will escalate your case, here’s a case number, now call the 800 number where the marketing department knows less than someone who started reading this forum yesterday does.” It’s happened to me twice.
I did bitch a few times the last 2 weeks on FMCs LinkedIn posts regarding the electric 150 - something along the lines of worrying about getting the Broncos out before crowing about the 150 and to actually put the horse before the cart! . ;) so maybe that helped ie. Someone get thus crazy bitch’s Bronco scheduled. (I doubt it actually helped but it was funny to me.)

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will admit there is a lot of whining and boasting on all ends... That is the essence of social media... it is a narcissistic driven media full of schadenfreude. I would suggest people walk a mile....

Just for clarity for those that are new and have no idea what this saga has been like here is a not so brief summary (far from comprehensive) of what most of us early reservation holders have gone through. Early reservation started mid July 2020, mid day/evening (depending on time zone) July 13th. The system was a not ready and was in an out of crashing so many of us were left with an unclear feeling whether our reservation made it through even from day 1. It was still sketching into day 3 I believe.

Keep in mind people were reserving vehicles based on what Ford showed us, used for marketing purposes (sure there was no promise this is what they would look like, but.....), donut doors, white tops, two tone top and bottom paint, black mod tops, different interiors, higher lifts, etc., etc., Preliminary build and price was just that, preliminary. It evolved or devolved depending on how you want to look at it. We all planned and guessed about packages and components, we invested loads of time sleuthing out the packages and what would be possible. There were no vehicles to lay your hands on or crawl around in, much less test drive. Even once ordering time came in January 2021 we have paint samples to look at, but we did not have interior materials to look at, and different components were still being worked out, but the majority of people still gladly converted their reservations to orders. Many did not, many cancelled for lots of reason, but a big one was lack of vehicles to actual touch coupled with rumors of component issue and a few confirmed component issues. At this point most early reservation holders have changed their actual build 1-2 times already from what they envisioned they would be getting. At this point most have additional deposits in the game too, ranging from 400-3000. Some don't.

Months trickle by and lots of rumors of component constraints, the first build dates appear in April. The rest of us are promised a build date in May, then the end of May, then nothing but a May 28 'Dear John' letter from Ford indicating they more or less f'd up..... but hang in there..... thank you for your patience, click the link to register for Off-roadeo....

Running into June, the MIC and MOD top issues are being scandalized throughout the forums. Many of us wanted the Mod top, in fact our vehicle were suppose to come with them, but we proactively ordered the MIC top as advised, but hey if you kept your MOD top order a little longer here is 200,000 ford pass points for being clueless... June 25 email, Ford officially announces they will provide hard top prep kits for 4 dr soft top orders. Keep in mind, First Editions can't change to a soft top, Wildtrak can't change to a soft top and all 2dr versions no matter trim can't change to a soft top. Also, many had duel tops on order and had no idea that meant their order was essentially 99'd....

One key element here is the dealers also had no idea what was going on or they were not telling their customers anything. Some GMs/inventory managers knew what was going on, Ford was having meeting updating them, but that info wasn't making it to customers for obvious reason. Most of us spent months calling and emailing our dealers just to get some info, most of us finally just popped in to our dealer and waited to be seen. Many dealers have made an about face and it is a different world going in to order a bronco now. These 140,000+ "early" reservation holders were basically in the dark, given bits and piece of information from Ford and small leaks showing up in the forums.

Jump ahead to August and we get another bombshell...... Essentially you have a few weeks to switch to a soft top available trim (wildtrak still not available with softie, 2dr not available, and we will be build all first editions in 21...) and style or you vehicle will be pushed to 2022..... We know it's no consolation for the delay but for 2022 you'll have access to new colors, new options, and new special editions. More details on 2022 ordering will be sent out in September. Your dealer will reach out at that time to place your order and see how they might be able to help with any vehicle needs, making the wait for your Bronco a little more bearable. As a reminder, your reservation timestamp will remain with your order for scheduling priority in the 2022 model year.

Dirt mountain, tops, QC issues, and air bags, cancelled first editions.... This has been discussed to exhaustion, if you want to geek out on it, dig it up through the forums.

A brief light at the end.... well at the last minute some 21 orders that thought they would be a 22, MIC on order were scheduled for November and December build dates...... This gave those of us waiting on our hard tops hope. The thing is we were all in the same boat then. The 2dr people knew where they stood, the 4 dr people either holding on to their MIC orders or 99'd Mod top knew where they stood, first editions were going to be built, and if we don't get our build date we should have it by the end of the year for an early 22 build. But wait, Ford is sending over a rogue wave to capsize this vessel..... We are changing the allocation system.

The thing is over the past months there has been a continual string of lies coming from Ford and promises they apparently had no intention of keeping. The past two scheduling events have proven this to be the case. That is a nice and objective as I can put it. Ok, OK every statement has lots of caveats, but there are 10s of thousands of customers that have come to understand that the system was X and now the system is nowhere near X. It is almost as if a directive came down to prioritize recent orders to save face in the ordering system, leaving reservation holders (many of whom are already pissed off) to continue to be upset. Simple way to view it is that Ford is cutting their loses, instead of chasing their tail.......

Last edited:

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you so very much. I really appreciate your accura sharing of information in your response. It’s very help. 👍

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will admit there is a lot of whining and boasting on all ends... That is the essence of social media... it is a narcissistic driven media full of schadenfreude. I would suggest people walk a mile....

Just for clarity for those that are new and have no idea what this saga has been like here is a not so brief summary (far from comprehensive) of what most of us early reservation holders have gone through. Early reservation started mid July 2020, mid day/evening (depending on time zone) July 13th. The system was a not ready and was in an out of crashing so many of us were left with an unclear feeling whether our reservation made it through even from day 1. It was still sketching into day 3 I believe.

Keep in mind people were reserving vehicles based on what Ford showed us, used for marketing purposes (sure there was no promise this is what they would look like, but.....), donut doors, white tops, two tone top and bottom paint, black mod tops, different interiors, higher lifts, etc., etc., Preliminary build and price was just that, preliminary. It evolved or devolved depending on how you want to look at it. We all planned and guessed about packages and components, we invested loads of time sleuthing out the packages and what would be possible. There were no vehicles to lay your hands on or crawl around in, much less test drive. Even once ordering time came in January 2021 we have paint samples to look at, but we did not have interior materials to look at, and different components were still being worked out, but the majority of people still gladly converted their reservations to orders. Many did not, many cancelled for lots of reason, but a big one was lack of vehicles to actual touch coupled with rumors of component issue and a few confirmed component issues. At this point most early reservation holders have changed their actual build 1-2 times already from what they envisioned they would be getting. At this point most have additional deposits in the game too, ranging from 400-3000. Some don't.

Months trickle by and lots of rumors of component constraints, the first build dates appear in April. The rest of us are promised a build date in May, then the end of May, then nothing but a May 28 'Dear John' letter from Ford indicating they more or less f'd up..... but hang in there..... thank you for your patience, click the link to register for Off-roadeo....

Running into June, the MIC and MOD top issues are being scandalized throughout the forums. Many of us wanted the Mod top, in fact our vehicle were suppose to come with them, but we proactively ordered the MIC top as advised, but hey if you kept your MOD top order a little longer here is 200,000 ford pass points for being clueless... June 25 email, Ford officially announces they will provide hard top prep kits for 4 dr soft top orders. Keep in mind, First Editions can't change to a soft top, Wildtrak can't change to a soft top and all 2dr versions no matter trim can't change to a soft top. Also, many had duel tops on order and had no idea that meant their order was essentially 99'd....

One key element here is the dealers also had no idea what was going on or they were not telling their customers anything. Some GMs/inventory managers knew what was going on, Ford was having meeting updating them, but that info wasn't making it to customers for obvious reason. Most of us spent months calling and emailing our dealers just to get some info, most of us finally just popped in to our dealer and waited to be seen. Many dealers have made an about face and it is a different world going in to order a bronco now. These 140,000+ "early" reservation holders were basically in the dark, given bits and piece of information from Ford and small leaks showing up in the forums.

Jump ahead to August and we get another bombshell...... Essentially you have a few weeks to switch to a soft top available trim (wildtrak still not available with softie, 2dr not available, and we will be build all first editions in 21...) and style or you vehicle will be pushed to 2022..... We know it's no consolation for the delay but for 2022 you'll have access to new colors, new options, and new special editions. More details on 2022 ordering will be sent out in September. Your dealer will reach out at that time to place your order and see how they might be able to help with any vehicle needs, making the wait for your Bronco a little more bearable. As a reminder, your reservation timestamp will remain with your order for scheduling priority in the 2022 model year.

Dirt mountain, tops, QC issues, and air bags, cancelled first editions.... This has been discussed to exhaustion, if you want to geek out on it, dig it up through the forums.

A brief light at the end.... well at the last minute some 21 orders that thought they would be a 22, MIC on order were scheduled for November and December build dates...... This gave those of us waiting on our hard tops hope. The thing is we were all in the same boat then. The 2dr people knew where they stood, the 4 dr people either holding on to their MIC orders or 99'd Mod top knew where they stood, first editions were going to be built, and if we don't get our build date we should have it by the end of the year for an early 22 build. But wait, Ford is send over a rogue wave to capsize this vessel..... We are changing the allocation system.

The thing is over the past months there has been a continual string of lies coming from Ford and promises they apparently had no intention of keeping. The past two scheduling events have proven this to be the case. That is a nice and objective as I can put it. Ok, OK every statement has lots of caveats, but there are 10s of thousands of customers that have come to understand that the system was X and now the system is nowhere near X. It is almost as if a directive came down to prioritize recent orders to save face in the ordering system, leaving reservation holders (many of whom are already pissed off) to continue to be upset. Simple way to view it is that Ford is cutting their loses, instead of chasing their tail.......
I think my dealer was spot on.
I could have had a 4 door soft top in July. I passed and was told my 2 door mic would be built Feb-March . I’m hoping he is right.
Sponsored