First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17BMW330i, 70Porsche911, 22BroncoBadlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will admit there is a lot of whining and boasting on all ends... That is the essence of social media... it is a narcissistic driven media full of schadenfreude. I would suggest people walk a mile....

Just for clarity for those that are new and have no idea what this saga has been like here is a not so brief summary (far from comprehensive) of what most of us early reservation holders have gone through. Early reservation started mid July 2020, mid day/evening (depending on time zone) July 13th. The system was a not ready and was in an out of crashing so many of us were left with an unclear feeling whether our reservation made it through even from day 1. It was still sketching into day 3 I believe.

Keep in mind people were reserving vehicles based on what Ford showed us, used for marketing purposes (sure there was no promise this is what they would look like, but.....), donut doors, white tops, two tone top and bottom paint, black mod tops, different interiors, higher lifts, etc., etc., Preliminary build and price was just that, preliminary. It evolved or devolved depending on how you want to look at it. We all planned and guessed about packages and components, we invested loads of time sleuthing out the packages and what would be possible. There were no vehicles to lay your hands on or crawl around in, much less test drive. Even once ordering time came in January 2021 we have paint samples to look at, but we did not have interior materials to look at, and different components were still being worked out, but the majority of people still gladly converted their reservations to orders. Many did not, many cancelled for lots of reason, but a big one was lack of vehicles to actual touch coupled with rumors of component issue and a few confirmed component issues. At this point most early reservation holders have changed their actual build 1-2 times already from what they envisioned they would be getting. At this point most have additional deposits in the game too, ranging from 400-3000. Some don't.

Months trickle by and lots of rumors of component constraints, the first build dates appear in April. The rest of us are promised a build date in May, then the end of May, then nothing but a May 28 'Dear John' letter from Ford indicating they more or less f'd up..... but hang in there..... thank you for your patience, click the link to register for Off-roadeo....

Running into June, the MIC and MOD top issues are being scandalized throughout the forums. Many of us wanted the Mod top, in fact our vehicle were suppose to come with them, but we proactively ordered the MIC top as advised, but hey if you kept your MOD top order a little longer here is 200,000 ford pass points for being clueless... June 25 email, Ford officially announces they will provide hard top prep kits for 4 dr soft top orders. Keep in mind, First Editions can't change to a soft top, Wildtrak can't change to a soft top and all 2dr versions no matter trim can't change to a soft top. Also, many had duel tops on order and had no idea that meant their order was essentially 99'd....

One key element here is the dealers also had no idea what was going on or they were not telling their customers anything. Some GMs/inventory managers knew what was going on, Ford was having meeting updating them, but that info wasn't making it to customers for obvious reason. Most of us spent months calling and emailing our dealers just to get some info, most of us finally just popped in to our dealer and waited to be seen. Many dealers have made an about face and it is a different world going in to order a bronco now. These 140,000+ "early" reservation holders were basically in the dark, given bits and piece of information from Ford and small leaks showing up in the forums.

Jump ahead to August and we get another bombshell...... Essentially you have a few weeks to switch to a soft top available trim (wildtrak still not available with softie, 2dr not available, and we will be build all first editions in 21...) and style or you vehicle will be pushed to 2022..... We know it's no consolation for the delay but for 2022 you'll have access to new colors, new options, and new special editions. More details on 2022 ordering will be sent out in September. Your dealer will reach out at that time to place your order and see how they might be able to help with any vehicle needs, making the wait for your Bronco a little more bearable. As a reminder, your reservation timestamp will remain with your order for scheduling priority in the 2022 model year.

Dirt mountain, tops, QC issues, and air bags, cancelled first editions.... This has been discussed to exhaustion, if you want to geek out on it, dig it up through the forums.

A brief light at the end.... well at the last minute some 21 orders that thought they would be a 22, MIC on order were scheduled for November and December build dates...... This gave those of us waiting on our hard tops hope. The thing is we were all in the same boat then. The 2dr people knew where they stood, the 4 dr people either holding on to their MIC orders or 99'd Mod top knew where they stood, first editions were going to be built, and if we don't get our build date we should have it by the end of the year for an early 22 build. But wait, Ford is send over a rogue wave to capsize this vessel..... We are changing the allocation system.

The thing is over the past months there has been a continual string of lies coming from Ford and promises they apparently had no intention of keeping. The past two scheduling events have proven this to be the case. That is a nice and objective as I can put it. Ok, OK every statement has lots of caveats, but there are 10s of thousands of customers that have come to understand that the system was X and now the system is nowhere near X. It is almost as if a directive came down to prioritize recent orders to save face in the ordering system, leaving reservation holders (many of whom are already pissed off) to continue to be upset. Simple way to view it is that Ford is cutting their loses, instead of chasing their tail.......
Great summary. I am a day-one reservation that finally got scheduled for 12/13, phew... . The past year and a half have been beyond a soap opera - a true cluster F***. I appreciate your level-headed explanation and your maturity in keeping to the facts and the high road. Those of you with recent reservations and production schedule dates, congratulations. Please be humble and thankful. Try to put yourself in our shoes and I think you would be upset too.
Sponsored

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have called my dealer so many times that I should get the commission for the sale.
Dude tell me about it. It took three (with the final being toned like a disappointed father) emails to the sales manager before I even got an answer on the Ford cash thing they were doing for reservation holders. This call was the literal first communication THEY initiated in the year and a half since placing the res.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did bitch a few times the last 2 weeks on FMCs LinkedIn posts regarding the electric 150 - something along the lines of worrying about getting the Broncos out before crowing about the 150 and to actually put the horse before the cart! . ;) so maybe that helped ie. Someone get thus crazy bitch’s Bronco scheduled. (I doubt it actually helped but it was funny to me.)
Thanks for the idea….my tweets to Mike Levine have proven useless.

10Terp

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Expedition, '12 Mustang GT, '06 Escape Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Long time lurker but first time poster here...I feel everybody's pain who hasn't gotten an email. My wife and I are keeping a 2004 Expedition 5.4 with 240,000 miles alive waiting for this Bronco. The Expedition is a tired girl and ready to be retired from the main fleet, but she keeps going.

We placed a reservation on 7/17/20 and placed the order on 2/15/21. We were then contacted by our dealer saying our car would be sliding into MY2022 and that we'd need to place a new order. We re-placed the order about a month ago. We were told this wouldn't affect our place in line, but from what I read here, your place in line doesn't seem to mean much.

Cactus Gray, 4 Door, Outer Banks, 2.7, MIC, TOW, Sasquatch, High Package. I know we ordered just about everything we could have to cause delays, but we drive our cars until they die and we want what we want. That said....if by June of next year we still don't have a car we will probably start looking elsewhere. I've been pretty disappointed with Ford through this whole ordeal and am starting to lose my patience.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is lucky that the Bronco is so good in a sea of mediocre vehicles in a market that is only trying to chase the beloved EV trend. I’ve been so close to bailing out, but the Bronco and 425 days invested bring me back. The Bronco really Is only one good competitor vehicle launch away from me moving on. I need a Bronco build date or 2023 4Runner reveal more than a hammock, poster, or flag. A wrangler at 5% under invoice for a 4xE with tax incentives is my plan B. Ford, I’m counting on you and I think about 50k others feel the same way.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

475 days and counting……..

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else start buying parts in anticipation?
Yep! I have a garage full of wheels, tires, lift kit, light kits/bars, nudge bar, step rails. I'm ready and waiting impatiently.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep! I have a garage full of wheels, tires, lift kit, light kits/bars, nudge bar, step rails. I'm ready and waiting impatiently.
I am in the midst of ordering a bunch of crap. The bronco is for my wife so they will be her Christmas presents. Two birds one stone.

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did Ford give you an opportunity to update your order for MY 22, ie: mod bumper or capable bumper? Thanks
Actually I got an email from Ford saying my order was converted, then about a week later I got a call from my dealer (literally the first outbound call they made to me this entire time) to come in a sign a new order to ensure accuracy. That's when we verified everything and I made sure the HD bumper was still on.
So you didn’t have a reservation. It was an order? I really appreciate your response, it’s very helpful.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford is lucky that the Bronco is so good in a sea of mediocre vehicles in a market that is only trying to chase the beloved EV trend. I’ve been so close to bailing out, but the Bronco and 425 days invested bring me back. The Bronco really Is only one good competitor vehicle launch away from me moving on. I need a Bronco build date or 2023 4Runner reveal more than a hammock, poster, or flag. A wrangler at 5% under invoice for a 4xE with tax incentives is my plan B. Ford, I’m counting on you and I think about 50k others feel the same way.
494 days and counting. Long story about the FE reservation I initially thought I secured. 23 TRD pro is looking good or maybe a Rover and I will dump 10-15 into my 95 EB and just be done.

Sponsored

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am in the midst of ordering a bunch of crap. The bronco is for my wife so they will be her Christmas presents. Two birds one stone.
These are presents from my wife for my someday Bronco 2 door

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you didn’t have a reservation. It was an order? I really appreciate your response, it’s very helpful.
Maybe I misspoke. My reservation that I converted to an order January of this year got switched by Ford from a 2021 to a 2022 and I got an email confirming that. (Ford did the 21-22 swap by themselves without consulting me). Reservation=Order and vice versa in this context.

Jake4UA

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know when the next scheduling emails will go out?
Sponsored