Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Makes me wonder if it is hitting the piston first and then breaking from the stem. VVT gone astray perhaps?
Yeah I don't get why they don't have all engines be non interference ones nowadays.

Having a timing chain or belt break should not hose the engine.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Call me old fashioned but I just don't fully trust the Ecoboost engines. I would have rather Ford installed one of the Cyclone series V6 engines (3.3, 3.5, 3.7) or the 5.0 Coyote. You can't beat the reliability of naturally aspirated engines. Threads like this only reinforce my distrust.
Ew. I wouldn't touch one of those v6s

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If my new Bronco breaks down on the way to King of the Hammers... An event sponsored by Bronco (Ford) in 2021. I am going to pay to have it towed to the event and make a spectacle of the situation. Guaranteed..... True Dat.

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my bronco was starting build 9/7 and this afternoon the engine when into complete failure. I have about 4,000 miles on it mostly road but several 4-6 hr off road runs and one oil change. It all of a sudden made noise that sounded like the entire engine was coming apart and then started sputtering and then the engine light came on and a message oil getting low stop engine. Then mass smoke started bellowing from undernight and it dies get it off road and oil was flowing out from multiple areas under the engine. Towed to dealer I am positive a valve or something blow and went through the bottom of the engine and killed it. So guess I am now in one of the failed 2.7 cases. It was working fine until this unexpected thing all of a sudden. I had no issues nor indications of issue before within the 4,000 milesw

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So my bronco was starting build 9/7 and this afternoon the engine when into complete failure. I have about 4,000 miles on it mostly road but several 4-6 hr off road runs and one oil change. It all of a sudden made noise that sounded like the entire engine was coming apart and then started sputtering and then the engine light came on and a message oil getting low stop engine. Then mass smoke started bellowing from undernight and it dies get it off road and oil was flowing out from multiple areas under the engine. Towed to dealer I am positive a valve or something blow and went through the bottom of the engine and killed it. So guess I am now in one of the failed 2.7 cases. It was working fine until this unexpected thing all of a sudden. I had no issues nor indications of issue before within the 4,000 milesw
Damn sorry to read that. Take a pic of the sticker on the left front valve cover, report the numbers on this thread.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel your pain...welcome to the club :(

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cant look at stickers unfortunately right now it was towed to dealer and only car so I have deal with Ford about a rental car ASAP as soon as I can
Get that I can see about going over to dealer and take pictures to post of stickers. All I know now the car started build on 9/6 of course that has nothing to do with engine build date except it was before date date

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes at least three this week with B6G members -

Do you see the engine ser# sticker with big "121" on right-side - see below -
From this you can determine your 'Engine Build Date' -

20211115_170015.jpg
how do you figure out from the sticker when it was produced?....never mind found your other post

Last edited:

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not what i wanted to hear with winter coming. Hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. Should i have bought the Toyota TDR ?

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear about all of these new cars and trucks having problems like this lately. It makes me wonder if it's because of the pandemic. These factories are getting behind because of chip and parts shortage and they get backed up big time and then have to rush and get caught up. Not to mention being short staff and a million other problems.

Almost makes you wish you can wait until everything is back to normal and running smoothly to buy a vehicle. I know this sort of thing has always happened but it definitely seems like it's happening a lot more since the pandemic.

Last edited:

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear about all of these new cars and trucks having problems like this lately. It makes me wonder if it's because of the pandemic. These factories are getting behind because of chip and parts shortage and they get backed up big time and then have to rush and get caught up. Not to mention being short staff and a million other problems.

Almost makes you wish you can wait until everything is back to normal and running smoothly to by a vehicle. I know thos sort of thing has always happened but it definitely seems like it's happening a lot more since the pandemic.
im sure that’s part..interestingly, searching the F150 forums show zero problems with the 2.7 engines and there are way more of these in F150’s presently rolling down the line than Bronco s

Last edited:
OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cant look at stickers unfortunately right now it was towed to dealer and only car so I have deal with Ford about a rental car ASAP as soon as I can
Get that I can see about going over to dealer and take pictures to post of stickers. All I know now the car started build on 9/6 of course that has nothing to do with engine build date except it was before date date
Ford should take care of rental car. I was told they will reimburse me after Bronco is repaired...just have to submit receipts. The dealer may also have a loaner car they will let you use while Bronco being fixed.

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

can you post you vin or send it to @mpeugeot he has some way to get the build date of the engine from the vin. Do you run premium or regular?
Sponsored