John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How many cars have Toyota created in the last 10 years?
The 2022 Tacoma and 4Runner, because both are in development. And we can bet they are closely tracking Bronco development, launch and production.

Editing to add Tundra and Land Cruiser, also in development, and on common truck platform with the other two.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Based off this information, I am trying to decide on clicking that submit button yet or not. The soonest I am looking to get a new vehicle is Sept/2022, but even if 30% of those fall off, it would still take them until close to that time frame to produce all of them.

I also wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the preorders are some of the managers at the dealerships so that they have some to sell as soon as they start production... They could order them "for themselves" then decline them once they get delivered.

Thoughts?

Rednecker

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2019 GMC AT4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't wait to see statistics for the Jeep Wrangler for the years 2019 & 2020 vs. 2021 & 2022. :)
Here is a great sight to watch for impacts to Jeep sales.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/jeep-wrangler-sales-figures/

It'll also be interesting to see how Jeep and Jeep dealers (some already selling 12% below MSRP) react to declines in sales and how that will impact ford reservations. My guess is that Jeep will have to have some major sales and incentives to try to gain back some of the lost sales they have from the Bronco. So it'll be interesting to see where that line ends up being drawn in the sand.

Ford Bronco [Official] 150K Bronco Reservations Received Already 1596067972577

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it is a 100 refundable deposit. You are over thinking it. Get in line as the line is getting longer.

Based off this information, I am trying to decide on clicking that submit button yet or not. The soonest I am looking to get a new vehicle is Sept/2022, but even if 30% of those fall off, it would still take them until close to that time frame to produce all of them.

I also wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the preorders are some of the managers at the dealerships so that they have some to sell as soon as they start production... They could order them "for themselves" then decline them once they get delivered.

Thoughts?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i said what cars have Toyota created in the last 10 years and not what are in development.

no doubt they are due in a big way but they have created very little in the last 10 years. The last car they really made from scratch was the fj cruiser. I bought one and then traded that in and bought a tundra and sold that one for the raptor.

The 2022 Tacoma and 4Runner, because both are in development. And we can bet they are closely tracking Bronco development, launch and production.

Editing to add Tundra and Land Cruiser, also in development, and on common truck platform with the other two.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With the amount of reservations already out there Ford did what they set out to do. Now it's all about execution. They have to pull it together and meet the demand. Because we all know everyone else is going to be gunning for them... and new and updated offerings will come to market quick.

So with the other companies playing catch up and Ford intending to keep the Bronco buzz going long term with models and/or offerings coming that we haven't seen yet... I hope they continue to diversify the Bronco Brand and bring additional configurations to market. My hope is still for a 2 door pick up with a 6 foot box. But I would settle for a 2 door on a four door wheel base.

I feel they have a winning formula and better just keep building the brand.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
The folks over at Chevy are shitting themselves.

Yes they hosed it up with the blazer. They could have got into the market like the bronco, but didn't. Their loss.
I own Chevy’s and they make some good stuff so I hate to say it but I really think they are too out of it to be worried. GM is just not well run and hasn’t been for decades. Of course it took Ford a really long time to build this so I’m not giving them star pupil award, but they did get the job done and by all appearances knocked it out of the park.

gatorfan62

Outer Banks
First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is a great sight to watch for impacts to Jeep sales.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/jeep-wrangler-sales-figures/

It'll also be interesting to see how Jeep and Jeep dealers (some already selling 12% below MSRP) react to declines in sales and how that will impact ford reservations. My guess is that Jeep will have to have some major sales and incentives to try to gain back some of the lost sales they have from the Bronco. So it'll be interesting to see where that line ends up being drawn in the sand.

Ford Bronco [Official] 150K Bronco Reservations Received Already 1596067972577
That's a heckuva comeback in May and June all things considered.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While an excellent start, I cannot imagine it going to convert to orders in high percentages. People have essentially nothing down and can participate in the fun and the hype. Some have two or more reservations (for standing in line). Are the glitches where some are told they had two reservations when they only had one widespread and counted? Right now, adding options is free for the tire kickers, when the build and price comes up and people start seeing the $30k truck topping $50k, or 60k, or $10k higher then they had convinced themselves it would be, they won't convert, maybe their job prospects will change, or what have you and they tell themselves they'll postpone until next year. I think a realistic actually conversion percentage will be in the low to mid 30's%. Maybe 72500 trucks, half a year production, throwing some of those real reservations into very early 2022. Once the build and price is out, you will see a lot of people dropping out, you will also see people jumping in when they actually see some numbers they can work with. I think Ford will lose more than they gain, but perhaps the numbers will jump higher. As most all sales will be for the image and fun proposition (how many actually NEED a Bronco to transport themselves and their stuff places?) It is a luxury, a want. For a lot of people with reservations, price sensitivity will be high. The real ballers won't care to reserve and wait in line, they'll just pay ADM and get the newest toy on the block when it comes out. I'll stick with my 72500 trucks estimate from December orders, will be fun to see how completely wrong I was at that time.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep sold 229,000 Wranglers last year. Seems like that many reservations has to be cutting into jeep sales.
But I’m pretty sure the Bronco is too aggressive for Karen to buy... she prefers the less aggressive look to drive to the grocery store on the weekends with her windows up and the hardtop seal never disturbed.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/29/t...swer-to-the-ford-bronco-and-tesla-cybertruck/

1000hp and they are claiming 11,500lb torque (Using some voodoo economics calculations i'm sure), they have an Adrenaline Mode (i.e. Ludicrous Mode), Open-Air Infinity Roof and Modular Roof Tiles (Hello Bronco), and a crab mode (Crawl mode).
That is a really good ad but that isn’t a Bronco competitor. C&D is saying $70k to start, of course they don’t know, I’d bet more. So it will start well north of a fully loaded Bronco.

GM is clueless, look at how they priced the Cadillac based on the Volt - the ELR was $76K in 2014 and then then they were surprised they only sold 2,000 in one year. It was a freakin 2 dr Volt! The Volt is a great car - I own one — but $76K?

Unlike the ELR the Hummer will sell better because people will pay big bucks for trucks but I don’t see much Bronco cross shopping.

Last edited:

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at some of the Tesla Model 3 reservation groups, only around 30% ended up converting to sales. Elon Musk said there are around 200k reservations for that truck thing they will build. Who knows how many will convert. I don't put a lot of stock in reservations, but it's good marketing and hits the "get one before it's too late" area of our reptilian brains. :)
I thought that they were up to something crazy like 700k reservations for the cybertruck now.

Grabow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay B6G only have 1-2% of reservations listed and 3.6% of Reservation holders as members on this site.

Memo to B6G marketing, we've got to do better! Let's get the other 96% signed up to this Forum!!!!
Please don't!!
Do you know how many new threads, asking the same exact question we'll see then??!!
It would be absolutely miserable.
Sponsored