LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That photo of the 2.7 V6 literally crammed in between the front struts, occupying 90% of the available engine bay under the hood should provide the answer to all those calling for putting a bigger V-8 engine in the Bronco. It already looks like 10 pounds in a 5 lb bag.
Sponsored

LoneStar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's a rather puny front-mount intercooler and not helped by blockage from that "mysterious" flat screen sensor slapped right in the middle of it. Easy to predict that FMIC upgrades will be a prime way to preserve power (reduce heat-soak) and generally make a boosted engine happier.

Ford Bronco Factory pics: 2021 Bronco Body In White, Frame-to-Body Marriage (Decking), Test Units, Engine BroncFMICsensorbox.PNG

GregoryS

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Chevy Blazer K5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That engine bay, what a crowded mass! I was hoping this would be a rig we could do some of our own work on......have to wait and see what happens with the final version.

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the photos! I did notice something I don’t like and that’s the fishnet in the door panels, those things just catch stuff and stretch out! maybe they’re trying to cut down the bulge for storage but I would prefer the storage dins be cut out to be plastic
I’m thinking netting to have less areas to catch dirt. Stones, etc when off-roading.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There are 2 MIC hard tops floating around. I saw both last week. Spec sheets only list grey right now, but I’m willing to bet you’ll be able to order grey, white, or black when the time comes. No confirmation or inside info, just my hunch.

B8CDD24A-F212-4CE1-9E61-39366EFBE4B1.jpeg

B95B1427-4031-4294-B9F9-21023A4D53A7.jpeg
BL you can option up to shadow black roof on the 2DR.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw that and it still appears that the standard color for the hard top (at least in the 2dr BL) is carbonized gray. I was stating that you are able to get it in shadow black is so desired.
Am I missing something?
We might be talking about 2 different things. BroncoGuy said (pretty definitively) " There is only one MIC top, it's kind of a blueish black color". I'm Black Diamond (which currently lists a MIC GREY TOP), so I'm pleased to hear the BD top will match all the other black elements.

In addition, there MAY be a painted top BD option in black, white, or body color - but at least all the MIC GREY tops I've been seeing in pics appear to be past tense. Previously BroncoGuy also posted "On the subject of weight, the painted hardtop is significantly heavier than the molded in color top. I'd guess it's 50% heavier"

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We might be talking about 2 different things. BroncoGuy said (pretty definitively) " There is only one MIC top, it's kind of a blueish black color". I'm Black Diamond (which currently lists a MIC GREY TOP), so I'm pleased to hear the BD top will match all the other black elements.

In addition, there MAY be a painted top BD option in black, white, or body color - but at least all the MIC GREY tops I've been seeing in pics appear to be past tense. Previously BroncoGuy also posted "On the subject of weight, the painted hardtop is significantly heavier than the molded in color top. I'd guess it's 50% heavier"
I don't doubt painted is heavier. Whatever it is will not be a deal breaker for me. I really want the shadow black optioned top. To me it just flows better than the gray color top. Now....with that said I am still open to a white top (if it is offered) with the gray body color as well.
Ford Bronco Factory pics: 2021 Bronco Body In White, Frame-to-Body Marriage (Decking), Test Units, Engine IMG_5914

Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ive seen that in the literature, but would still like to see “real world” verification. I guess the kid could just always sit cross legged.... really the main “issue” is rear seat access. Wasn’t great in her old Jeep and resulted in shoe prints all over the seat and center console.
IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_2297.JPG

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As Sir Mix a Lot said, Baby got back!!
The 2dr with Sasquatch from the rear. I like big butts and I cannot lie

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That photo of the 2.7 V6 literally crammed in between the front struts, occupying 90% of the available engine bay under the hood should provide the answer to all those calling for putting a bigger V-8 engine in the Bronco. It already looks like 10 pounds in a 5 lb bag.
No joke. Look at how close the top of the coilover is to the engine block as well.

Doing a Coyote swap in this is not going to be easy in any way.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's why LS swap is always the answer.
Honestly if you strip away the turbo piping and move the inlet to a better spot I think the Coyote would be a pretty easy fit. That engine bay has a lot of stuff going everywhere but there is clearly plenty of room on both sides of the engine for more engine.

The actual engine block isn’t the issue, it’s the Rube Goldberg contraption attached to it, unnecessary on a N/A engine.

Now what concerns me is the location of the alternator, it looks like they built the truck around it.
Sponsored