Dealer wants 15k over sticker now that my bronco arrived

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
Watch Clint Easwood movies to get the squint and growl right. Tell them that you are reporting them to Ford's Customer Service team and that a verbal contract is a contract that you will not only the the pants off of them but publicize and rate them into oblivion. Twitchy hand motions and a little drool are not over the top here.
Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
If I were in your shoes, I would do the following;
- get copies of all emails and confirmations from Ford
- reservation confirmation
- fee confirmation (this is important, first exchange of money)
- all (every single one) you got from Ford, especially those stating VIN # and referencing "your" Bronco
- your order sheet, likely was a DORA printout that showed MSRP, and yes, better if either or both of you signed this document

then get with a local attorney, they can help with writing a cease and desist letter (definition: A cease and desist is a written notice demanding that the recipient immediately stop an illegal or allegedly illegal activity. It may be an order or injunction issued by a court or government agency or a letter from an attorney.

The key thing in these situations is that YOU originally set a reservation with FORD directly, the dealer only became an intermediary later in the process, so, FORD would be a defendant in any legal claim you would have. If the dealer demands ADM "or else you won't get "your" Bronco, that borders on extortion.

Meet with the dealer's owner or GM only, once they realize your are serious about pursuing damages - the whole ADM will likely cave, as it should.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with my dealer about this. (Maxwell Ford in Texas). They are honoring all reservation holders at MSRP. There is some phantom $100 fee they are tagging on to it, but otherwise, no funny business.

The crazy thing is they told me there is no "LAW" against this. Dealers can do this as they please. Even if you have something signed, they can still try and fuck you. Just is what it is.
Absolutely true. In reality the vehicle ordered ,is ordered by the dealership. It is their vehicle until it is bought.

Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Aren’t you getting yours soon?
Got the email on 11/18 for a 1/10 build. I'm in phase II of this process. With all the crazy ADM markups I'm reading about (not just Ford or the Bronco) I'm a bit concerned.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I were in your shoes, I would do the following;
- get copies of all emails and confirmations from Ford
- reservation confirmation
- fee confirmation (this is important, first exchange of money)
- all (every single one) you got from Ford, especially those stating VIN # and referencing "your" Bronco
- your order sheet, likely was a DORA printout that showed MSRP, and yes, better if either or both of you signed this document

then get with a local attorney, they can help with writing a cease and desist letter (definition: A cease and desist is a written notice demanding that the recipient immediately stop an illegal or allegedly illegal activity. It may be an order or injunction issued by a court or government agency or a letter from an attorney.

The key thing in these situations is that YOU originally set a reservation with FORD directly, the dealer only became an intermediary later in the process, so, FORD would be a defendant in any legal claim you would have. If the dealer demands ADM "or else you won't get "your" Bronco, that borders on extortion.

Meet with the dealer's owner or GM only, once they realize your are serious about pursuing damages - the whole ADM will likely cave, as it should.
You wrote an awful lot... about a process you don't really understand. The small print on the reservation very specifically outlines that none of what you've said is actually true. And the laws of pretty much every state of the union protecting dealers fill in the blanks.

You have no legal recourse at all if a dealer chooses to do this. Also, in order to sue for damages, you have to be able to demonstrate damages... which you can't do if you haven't paid for the product yet. Lack of ability to receive an order that was NOT promised to you (seriously, read the fine print) is not damages.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which dealer? Do you have any emails from them and the DORA build sheet?

Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You wrote an awful lot... about a process you don't really understand. The small print on the reservation very specifically outlines that none of what you've said is actually true. And the laws of pretty much every state of the union protecting dealers fill in the blanks.

You have no legal recourse at all if a dealer chooses to do this. Also, in order to sue for damages, you have to be able to demonstrate damages... which you can't do if you haven't paid for the product yet. Lack of ability to receive an order that was NOT promised to you (seriously, read the fine print) is not damages.
thank you for being unfriendly, when we are trying to help a fellow member have some hope. If you are not willing to fight back, hard, then don't. There are 3 aspects to this, legal, moral and social. On at least two of these fronts you can take action, but again, if you are not willing to fight then walk away. You are incorrect concerning Ford's acceptance of the reservation and associated fee, you are also incorrect about damages (but each case will be different). Either way, the point here is to get the dealer to understand that sure he can sell the vehicle outright to another party, but then there is a reckoning coming - like it or not, but only if you are willing to make that happen.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What?! This stinking shit again?! Plaster their name all over. Gotto fight back.

OP
OP

Jack1080

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 f350,18 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, you didn't have these conversations when you placed the order?
I did but it was verbal. Guess I'm an idiot for trusting a dealer I've dealt with for 10 years. My company builds custom trucks and trailers and orders a bunch of vehicles from them.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thing is dealerships know no one is going to local news or paying for an expensive lawyer when all said and done cost more than the damn car it’s just a shady fucking business. I was promised msrp was reassured numerous times got sighned Dora and got it confirmed in an email but that don’t mean squat. I already got accessories ordered and all if I get fucked which I shouldent I think I’m buying the 2022 bmw m240i I know completely different t vehichke
Sponsored