Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

LLL

Badlands
First Name
Lyndon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
LLL

LLL

Badlands
First Name
Lyndon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe slow down? That is a bummer
I have tried slowing down. The problem is it keeps the rocks in the tires, when you hit open pavement and speed up it just slings them off.
Plus it's a 40 mile road. Going 10 mph just isn't practical. I tend to go 45 ish as it's a very smooth dirt road.

Sponsored

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a listing of immediate practical mods needed for these things? I'm thinking about that hose that gets cut in 2.7Ls, and now bigger fender flares/ mud flaps.

Anyone else able to point me to a link for a thread like this?

4L0wBr0nc0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR Recon Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's as if an Goodyear engineer set out to specifically create the perfect size tread grove to accommodate the most common gravel/pebble dimensions found on the planet. The absolute worst design. Period. There are several threads about this already too.

I'm just waiting for someone to flag me down claiming I cracked their windshield......

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2005 LJ Rubicon. It does great. None of my other vehicles ever took any damage off-road though.
How the heck do you know the Bronco "sucks off road"....sounds like you're complaining about commuter use problems. A gravel road is not "off road"...

OP
OP
LLL

LLL

Badlands
First Name
Lyndon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's as if an Goodyear engineer set out to specifically create the perfect size tread grove to accommodate the most common gravel/pebble dimensions found on the planet. The absolute worst design. Period. There are several threads about this already too.

I'm just waiting for someone to flag me down claiming I cracked their windshield......
I'm sure that if it had been in a populated area I'd of cracked a number of windshields before I finally threw all of the rocks out!

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i can't imagine routine fire road driving without mudflaps. It's the very first mod I'm doing on mine when I get it. Long before lighting and katzkins, i'm getting mud flaps.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
get you some side steps - problem solved

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. popcorn-watching-tv

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. popcorn-watching-tv

Get the gator back mud flaps
Sponsored