First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would create 100 fake gmail accounts and then use every single one of them to negatively slam their ass. I’d do that on every single review website there is. Businesses that pull this shit deserve every bit of it!!
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Got the email on 11/18 for a 1/10 build. I'm in phase II of this process. With all the crazy ADM markups I'm reading about (not just Ford or the Bronco) I'm a bit concerned.
Could be worse, I’m with Granger so I don’t have to worry about getting jerked around with pricing, but they have been jerked around with allocations so I’m out a few years for mine! This whole reservation thing has not gone well IMO.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered a 4dr badlands in March, sat in dirt mountain until yesterday. I was told by the salesman that they would hold msrp for reservation holders. Go to finnaly see my bronco and they start at 20k over sticker but can drop to 15k over since I'm a good customer. Do I have any options that let me keep my reservation if I walk away?
How about a lawsuit and lots of negative publicity. Let your imagination run wild. Tell them you expect them to keep their word, or see you in court.

Last edited:

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hope it works out for you OP. Screw those scumbags.

I have my dealer on record in email telling me they do not charge above sticker for reservations. The general sales manager confirmed this in conversation too. I also have a Retail Order form with the salesman’s name on it showing the “out the door” price with no adm. After reading your post, I’m feeling a bit worried myself. My best friend is a lawyer though who would love to perform some legal jujitsu on my behalf though lol

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You wrote an awful lot... about a process you don't really understand. The small print on the reservation very specifically outlines that none of what you've said is actually true. And the laws of pretty much every state of the union protecting dealers fill in the blanks.

You have no legal recourse at all if a dealer chooses to do this. Also, in order to sue for damages, you have to be able to demonstrate damages... which you can't do if you haven't paid for the product yet. Lack of ability to receive an order that was NOT promised to you (seriously, read the fine print) is not damages.
thank you for being unfriendly, when we are trying to help a fellow member have some hope. If you are not willing to fight back, hard, then don't. There are 3 aspects to this, legal, moral and social. On at least two of these fronts you can take action, but again, if you are not willing to fight then walk away. You are incorrect concerning Ford's acceptance of the reservation and associated fee, you are also incorrect about damages (but each case will be different). Either way, the point here is to get the dealer to understand that sure he can sell the vehicle outright to another party, but then there is a reckoning coming - like it or not, but only if you are willing to make that happen.
Presenting a realistic scenario against your unrealistic one is not being unfriendly, it's just being honest.

As for "we are trying to give a fellow member here some hope"... i disagree. What you are giving him is a laundry list of things to do that will cost him money (lawyers aren't free) AND time AND be completely useless. A cease and desist against a legal action is pointless.

I'm happy to tell the OP how and where to fight (hint: few options, zero options that work if the dealer just doesn't care), but i'm not going to blindly back your suggestions just because contradicting your poor advise is "unfriendly".
I like the dialog back and forth (minus the "unfriendly" bit, I guess that is what you have pre-defined as a "moral argument" worthy of legal action, @mountainbronco ?).

I'd love to see where actual damages are incurred beyond the $100 reservation fee (which would be tried in under 15 minute at any small claims court). I suppose you could try to argue the damages incurred by not being able to buy the Bronco at MSRP and immediately flip it for $15K over MSRP, but that's a pretty bold claim indeed.

Anyway, there's not much that can be done. Hopefully @Jack1080 doesn't follow the horrific screw-up that @Sherminiator did by calling on the forums to smear-campaign the dealership... Because then you are causing damages and will get to deal with REAL legal defense, and one which has an actual case against you.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...marked-up-10k-by-dch-ford-of-eatontown.25686/

TC1

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach E, 2021 Escape, 2014 RX 450
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hope it works out for you OP. Screw those scumbags.

I have my dealer on record in email telling me they do not charge above sticker for reservations. The general sales manager confirmed this in conversation too. I also have a Retail Order form with the salesman’s name on it showing the “out the door” price with no adm. After reading your post, I’m feeling a bit worried myself. My best friend is a lawyer though who would love to perform some legal jujitsu on my behalf though lol
I have the same type of email from my dealer.

Sponsored

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The number of people who have "ordered" a Bronco and did not get a Retail Buyer's Order & Invoice from the dealership blows my mind. It is literally your invoice from the dealer (signed by you and the sales manager) that lists all taxes, fees, etc. and the out the door price you agree to pay upon delivery. Along with that comes your itemized order that lists your vehicle and options.

If you did not get this document then you didn't really order a Bronco, your dealership ordered a Bronco in your name and now you need to negotiate buying that Bronco from your dealer. Good luck. I hear they're selling for $10k-$15k over MSRP.

Last edited:

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with my dealer about this. (Maxwell Ford in Texas). They are honoring all reservation holders at MSRP. There is some phantom $100 fee they are tagging on to it, but otherwise, no funny business.

The crazy thing is they told me there is no "LAW" against this. Dealers can do this as they please. Even if you have something signed, they can still try and fuck you. Just is what it is.
This is a huge relief to hear, since my order is also through Maxwell Ford. Christine assured me that MSRP would be honored.

I actually dumped my other order with Covert Ford because they kept feeding me incorrect information and I just didn't want to get further into the process with them.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have there been any posts about dealerships disregarding the retail buyer’s order and charging the adm anyway?

If that’s something they can do then all Ford’s recommendation really does is make their bait and switch more brazen and scummy.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are apps that let you hire people by the hour for tasks. For $10-$15 an hour you can have someone stand outside the dealership with a sign calling them liars and cheats.

People are basically right that there is really no good legal recourse whether or not you have a signed agreement.

If my dealer tries anything, this is my plan. Spend a couple Gs on sign holders and people to spam online reviews. I think just explaining that to a GM or owner would put enough pressure on them to give up.

I bet any dealership has had a few angry yahoos threaten them with legal action over the years and not followed through. Probably not too many people have calmly explained how they can have protestors delivered in 30 minutes with an app like a pizza.