Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your title is a bit extreme.

The tires are bad for this. Either change your tires or get mud flaps. You can blame Ford if you want but it’s the tire.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your title is a bit extreme.

The tires are bad for this. Either change your tires or get mud flaps. You can blame Ford if you want but it’s the tire.
Extreme Titling sounds like a sport you'd watch on ESPN8: The Ocho.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Engineers to Bronco Customers
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. D6iSXtNXkAAg8-8

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i Agree get rid of the mud tires and get some good AT tires. Second it’s a thing with the Jeep as well….good news once you have the scars it’s time to enjoy the vehicle. Slow, Fast, tree branches, rock crawling it’s all good….mud flaps work….

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree!
Ford Front Splash Guards Pair Bronco 2021

Ford:
M2DZ-16A550-AA
non sas only

Yes, these tires throw rocks like nothing I've seen before.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i can't imagine routine fire road driving without mudflaps. It's the very first mod I'm doing on mine when I get it. Long before lighting and katzkins, i'm getting mud flaps.
There aren't any mudflaps that work with steps or rock rails. I've been trying to find some, and even bought some "universal" ones. The flares and the crash bars block installation. Ford has some $500 ones that can be used without the rails or steps.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shhhhh…stop injecting common sense :ROFLMAO:
Except it isn't since the $500 mud flaps only fit a small number of Broncos and who wants to be forced to buy new tires just to protect their vehicle?

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dents and scratches add character to it. At least it's not a mall crawlin' pavement pounder. Your bronco is bad @ss!

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There aren't any mudflaps that work with steps or rock rails. I've been trying to find some, and even bought some "universal" ones. The flares and the crash bars block installation. Ford has some $500 ones that can be used without the rails or steps.
I'm throwing these on this weekend until something is available. I have 2 big chips already with little to no off road/gravel road.

Amazon.com: SUNPIE Car Mud Flaps Universal Fit Black Splash Guards (4 Pack) with 20 Pieces 6mm Fastener Rivet Clips

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could apply some clear PPF or if you want some heavy duty protection then take a page from the Jeepers

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. s-l400

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll definitely be looking into mud flaps, when my Bronco arrives. My Bronco is an Outer Banks, with the Sasquatch package. I know it comes with running boards. I'm wondering if they're sufficient to prevent damage? I'd love to hear from someone with the same set up.
Mud flaps do not work on any Outer Banks, sadly. We have to wait for aftermarket products.

I put these on the second day I had it (universal flaps cut and drilled to fit). They keep the main body protected but the rear door handle and fender flare still get crap. I'm going to replace with a slightly longer flap that should fix the issue.

20211113_141655.jpg
Is this the back tire? If not, where are the crash bars?

I've been hearing more and more about this problem. Rock issues was one of many reasons I went with a non sasquach badlands. Nice and tucked in tires. Plus, I have faith in the BFG KO2's it comes with.

I got the vibe Ford Engineers designed the badlands for the factory 33's.
I have them on my outer banks and have no problems at all. They even throw less mud than the ones that came on the Bronco.
I'm throwing these on this weekend until something is available. I have 2 big chips already with little to no off road/gravel road.

Amazon.com: SUNPIE Car Mud Flaps Universal Fit Black Splash Guards (4 Pack) with 20 Pieces 6mm Fastener Rivet Clips
I tried a similar type and they did not work at all. There is no way to put a mud flap on the front of my Bronco with the crash bar, flare, and step.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dents and scratches add character to it. At least it's not a mall crawlin' pavement pounder. Your bronco is bad @ss!
Mater Approves 👍
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. Mater_Cars_3

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mud flaps do not work on any Outer Banks, sadly. We have to wait for aftermarket products.

Is this the back tire? If not, where are the crash bars?
My Bronco is a Sasquatch so no crash bars from the factory, the flaps are on the front of my Outer Banks SAS. The picture of the rear flare shows all the snow/slush that is being thrown on the rear flare.

20211113_141632.jpg
Sponsored