Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i can't imagine routine fire road driving without mudflaps. It's the very first mod I'm doing on mine when I get it. Long before lighting and katzkins, i'm getting mud flaps.
Yeah, I've seen my RZR beat the **** out of its doors and hurl hundreds of pounds of mud on itself, I have no desire to replicate that with the Bronco.
Sponsored

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. That's what does it.
Is the space between the body and rail big enough for gravel to get through? I can see mud/water can easily get through.
Iā€™m going to have this same problem with my Bronco so Iā€™d like to find a solution.
whatā€™s odd is that I donā€™t remember any rocks flipping up on the bronco during Off Roadeo in NV (all rock/gravel trails).

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The dents and scratches add character to it. At least it's not a mall crawlin' pavement pounder. Your bronco is bad @ss!
Took my eb in to do AOD conversion...big .. Obvious belt buckle scratch on fender. I marched in pissed. "Sir, you vehicle has a lot of scratches, how can you be certain it was us?" Reply, " Just because it has scratches, doesn't mean I want careless body damage from your shop. Stuff I've gotten from wheeling is expected. I know where every scratch came from, and I'm telling you, that one is from your shop."

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I recently purchased Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T tire. All-Terrain tire NOT Mud Terrain tires.

Guess what ................................

THEY THROW STONES !!!!!! It's the nature of the business, gotta' learn to live with it.

And I see people say there are not mud flaps for the Bronc. Then you need to improvise. Get something that is close and modify it. There is a thread here where someone has cut a hole in the mudflap to allow the rock rail to pass through the flap. Problem solved. Better yet get flexible rubber ones NOT hard plastic ones. If you are going to wait for something to fit every model you will be waiting a loooooooong time.

For the record my TJ's flares looked the same way after a month of riding on gravel/service roads.

If you wanna' play you hafta' pay.;)

šŸ˜

Sponsored

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have Nitto ridge grapplers waiting and Rock slider engineering steps.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
Mud flaps will help a lot, but have you considered partial PPF application on all the sections you have shown in the pics?

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn! OP, your rear fenders are 1000X worse than my 10 year old Jeep that's lifted with tires that poke about 2 inches past the fenders.

Mud flaps on off roaders looks like cat piss but sadly might be a necessity on these things.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got to see those tires up close yesterday. The tread pattern is horrible. I can see how they would hold all sorts of rocks of different sizes and then spit them out once the Bronco gets moving past 40mph. I'd say replace them as soon as humanly possible.

adampdx

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lame.. kind of a click-bait title. You aren't actually referring to the off road performance of this vehicle which for most of us, is exactly its intended use. Even with different tread, mud flaps, steps and PPF there are no guarantees you will avoid exterior scuffs or dings in any environment. Something we all will have to live with. If you want it to stay pristine, keep it in a garage.

Sponsored

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Get the gator back mud flaps
Lol you're just trying to make him more mad. If he reacts the way I did when I saw how much they want for two mud flaps. I just bought my own at Autozone for $20 and rigged em on myself. The General Grabbers on the BD aren't as bad but I still had the same issue. Think is they give you smaller flares if you don't squatch it so it kinda negates having smaller tires.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol you're just trying to make him more mad. If he reacts the way I did when I saw how much they want for two mud flaps. I just bought my own at Autozone for $20 and rigged em on myself. The General Grabbers on the BD aren't as bad but I still had the same issue. Think is they give you smaller flares if you don't squatch it so it kinda negates having smaller tires.
There are worth the amount of money there the best on the market well built heavy and durable. I got a good deal still expensive but I got them way cheaper than 900 for the whole set. 735 is well worth the price to protect the paint and I think they look decent

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I sympathize that it sucks to get dings in a new vehicle, this is what happens with 35ā€ mud tires. Those tires seem to be particularly grabby, which is really a good thing when youā€™re digging for traction.
If ā€œoff roadā€ means dirt county roads, you didnā€™t need Sasquatch. Probably have to change tires. I have really gnarly old BFG MTā€™s on my YJ, and they are hell everywhere but muddy logging roads. But thatā€™s what theyā€™re for.

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are worth the amount of money there the best on the market well built heavy and durable. I got a good deal still expensive but I got them way cheaper than 900 for the whole set. 735 is well worth the price to protect the paint and I think they look decent
I just can't see how any mudflaps are gonna justify me paying over $800 more than what I got. I think they look better than the gatorbacks anyway bc they are more low profile.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!
If all the privilege in the world could be summarized in a forum post, this would just about be the rallying cry.

You bought a big off road vehicle with the largest set of off-road tires that have been put on a mass-produced vehicle and your pissing and moaning is about....... Rock chips. (something that is incredibly common to occur when driving off road)

As if you were "forced" to put paint protection film on the vehicle (which was never going to protect it from damage incurred while actually driving your off road vehicle off road.) Instead the interstate has you all hot and bothered on the keyboard of justice.

Look, this is going to be a difficult pill to swallow, but they make a much better vehicle for folks that like to keep the beauty of their ride for a long period of time. no rocks thrown up by these peaches of low-rolling-resistance tires! Maybe trading in for this would help camp the anger?

1280px-2016_Toyota_Prius_(ZVW50R)_Hybrid_liftback_(2016-04-02)_01[1].jpg
Sponsored