Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can get the rocks out by prying them one by one with a flathead screwdriver... Or you could just buy these instead.

Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 20210703_154456

Milestar Patagonia M/T's bigger blocks means bigger rocks... ;)
Sponsored

wally

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After 40 years of fishing in Canada-having to go 55 miles each way on a dirt and gravel road to get to our fishing hole pulling a boat. It did not take long to see all the paint gone from the boat. SLOW DOWN and a Set of MUD FLAPS will take care of the problem!!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just coat the lower end of the Bronco with bed liner. Two tone, ftw

Sponsored

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bigger fender flares and mudflaps both needed

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are there any mud flaps that are compatible with steps? Ford doesn't sell any.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have this problem with my 4Runner. It seems to do better with 2WD. That should be enough for 90% of gravel roads.

Sponsored

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
I hope that all of those order holders who are getting screwed by their dealerships with markups take note. Walk away.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm more interested in your F-150 that went on gravel roads for years and emerged with zero wear and tear. Fuck the Bronco. I want a truck that can do that! But where I live, every vehicle I see that has done hard time off-road has plenty, plenty, plenty of scars to show for it. I've never known it to be any other way.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not going to read all 8 pages explaining it's not Ford's fault. But feel compelled to weigh in. It's not Fords fault. It's getting the Sasquatch package/tires. Get some mud flaps and/or side running boards. If you think "but then it will effect my off-road ability..." then realize rock chips are part of off road ability and don't worry about it. Barreling down a gravel road in any vehicle will damage the paint.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mud flaps
It's primarily the tires. They collect rocks worse than most other designs.
I hate mud flaps, but I am ordering the some for mine until I wear out the tires or can stomach buying new ones. I just put new Nitto Ridge grapplers on my truck and can’t bring myself to drop so much on tires right away.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s less damage than a hose and small branch did to a 4Runner of mine. Toyota single stage white (f@&$ing eco) paint scratches if you look at it wrong. Sold good advice in here. I really like that Line-X ‘paint’.
Sponsored