Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nuked my back seats on my 2-Door and made a deck from wood to fit the contour. The deck fit just fine from the front to the back with out bolting down. Between the bolt tops, side seatbelt brackets and the rear tailgate lip it just fit level. Covered in a Lowes outdoor 5x7 rug cut down to fit. I have a working trapdoor that just needs just cut out that the carpet is still covering. Simple KISS design. Had to unbolt the speaker to get it through the back door.

Cheers,

HD
Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door IMG_2674

Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door IMG_2675.JPG

Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door IMG_2677

Ford Bronco Rear Seat Delete, DIY Platform 2-Door IMG_2678
Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Super clean! Looks great.

OP
OP
Hippydrome

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks good..have any progress pics as you were building...would love to copy as this is what im gonna do and dont want to re-invent the wheel?
When I pull it out tomorrow, I'll take some measurement on the size, but roughly it is 42.125 x 53 inches, then the side wings at the front by the doors. Get some other pics of the trap door. I like the clean look and since it is not bolted down I can lift it just enough to get to the jack and the under storage.

Cheers

HD

Last edited:

Sponsored

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice clean job. Exactly what I would like to do.

Did I understand you correctly that the plywood is simply resting on top of the remaining seat bolts? Is that a risk to the bolts? Did you put other spacers or fillers in (maybe closer to the doors) to stabilize it?

Thanks

OP
OP
Hippydrome

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice clean job. Exactly what I would like to do.

Did I understand you correctly that the plywood is simply resting on top of the remaining seat bolts? Is that a risk to the bolts? Did you put other spacers or fillers in (maybe closer to the doors) to stabilize it?

Thanks
Not sure if it is risk to the bolt posts. They seem to be built like a tank and would take a ton of force to distort from downward pressure. I put the nuts back on them and it makes even more surface area for the board to contact. The deck form fits with about a 1/4 inch slack around the edges and the carpet fills in that for almost a pressed in fit, so it does not shift. I will add some support boards that will tie in with the front to support over the back seat feet area.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if it is risk to the bolt posts. They seem to be built like a tank and would take a ton of force to distort from downward pressure. I put the nuts back on them and it makes even more surface area for the board to contact. The deck form fits with about a 1/4 inch slack around the edges and the carpet fills in that for almost a pressed in fit, so it does not shift. I will add some support boards that will tie in with the front to support over the back seat feet area.
Smart putting the bolts back on. Extra support boards would do the trick. Thanks, nice job!

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you get any warning indicators on the dash or chimes going off due to the removed seats or seatbelts? I saw in another thread that someone detached the seatbelt receptor from the seat and then attached the belt into it. It was hidden under the board. However it was unclear to me if that eliminated all the warnings and chimes.

I do not believe airbags are affected in anyway. Is that correct?

Thanks again and look forward to some more photos in the coming days.

Sponsored

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice work. I like that

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nuked my back seats on my 2-Door and made a deck from wood to fit the contour. The deck fit just fine from the front to the back with out bolting down. Between the bolt tops, side seatbelt brackets and the rear tailgate lip it just fit level. Covered in a Lowes outdoor 5x7 rug cut down to fit. I have a working trapdoor that just needs just cut out that the carpet is still covering. Simple KISS design. Had to unbolt the speaker to get it through the back door.

Cheers,

HD

That will fit two bags of clubs and a remote controlled caddy purr-fectly!! I like it!

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Cheers,

HD

This is sharp. Very well done.

OP
OP
Hippydrome

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you get any warning indicators on the dash or chimes going off due to the removed seats or seatbelts? I saw in another thread that someone detached the seatbelt receptor from the seat and then attached the belt into it. It was hidden under the board. However it was unclear to me if that eliminated all the warnings and chimes.

I do not believe airbags are affected in anyway. Is that correct?

Thanks again and look forward to some more photos in the coming days.
I did detach the seatbelt from the seats and plug them back in to the wires (tucked back in under the boards) to keep the system from giving me a warning. Not to sure about the airbags. I did not know there were airbags for the rear seats.

Cheers,

HD
Sponsored

Last edited: