Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP be like "Mudflaps? Wtf are mudflaps"

I'm waiting for Rokblokz to get their hands on a Bronco. Their flaps are the best.

The tire design is definitely not ideal as far as keeping rocks off the paint, but you're seriously overreacting saying the Bronco sucks offroad because of it 😂
Sponsored

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would running board help?

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
That sucks man - i noticed this as well and bought myself the ridiculously priced mudflaps…. I lucked out in that living in NJ burbs the spray was just mud/dust… The two $400 pieces of plastic/rubber came today - installing tomorrow. They do seem heavy duty, but still just a kick in the blz.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
And yeah… several thousands of $$ in damaged dude - that’s unacceptable.

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a jeep owner I know the rock chip pain well. I made the mistake on my Jeep of getting painted fenders. Bronco won't have painted fenders and I intend on getting mudflaps and side steps put on ASAP when my Bronco arrives and looking to get a wrap put on as well.

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have never considered getting mud flaps on any vehicle but all of these reports has me considering it.

Last edited:

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I ordered front mud flaps and side steps!

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious to know what PPF you went with? I was under the impression PPF is self healing

Ckrrm3

Big Bend
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 3.5 Ecoboost, Fusion 1.6 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
Why in hell are you wasting everybody’s time with this foolishness?!!! You should not even be allowed to own an off road vehicle! Most of us are early reservations and just dying to have our rides and we keep getting passed up by people that don’t even have reservations!!! You should sell it and buy a Tesla! Freakin ridiculous!!! Scratches on an off road vehicle! Really?!

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
A few paint chips seems to be a pretty liberal use of the phrase "literary rips itself apart."

Also...mud flaps.
Also, a county maintained dirt road is still a road not "off road"... Perhaps it is not "mall worthy"...

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's not just Goodyear or a bad design. It's the nature of the beast. I had BFG Mud Terrains and they did the same thing. They picked up rocks, gravel, mud whatever that fell or flied out. On pavement they clicked so much that I would pull over and pry the rocks out. I swapped them out for all terrains and eliminated the majority of the problem and a shit ton of road noise on pavement.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every time I took someone for a ride they where like what is that terrible noise it sounds like rocks hitting under your new Bronco, so I installed Nitto Ridge Grapplers and put 300 miles on so far and ever since I have heard no rocks clunking every time I drive on/off road, I am glad I already planned on switching the tires and wheels anyway but I didn't really want to do it at 400 miles! the Ridge Grapplers look awesome, make little noise and as on my other vehicles work great wet/dry-on/off road , so with all that said anyone want to buy a set of 5 Sasquatch wheels and tires with only 400 miles on them HAHA.
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 3855D8A4-40D5-42FE-9D59-73C4D1CEFA5B
Ford Bronco My Bronco sucks off-road!  Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads. 7755F291-E978-4657-8AB5-0A49537C0BA1

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My favorite part of this story is when you took your offroad truck, offroad, then offroad stuff happened and you were shocked.
I think it will be prudent when Bronco owners remove the doors and drive "off road", they wear motorcycle-style leather chaps to protect themselves from rock-chucking Goodyears.
Sponsored