First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s what auto start is for. Warm that baby up.
Us 7MT peeps are going to need an A/M solution for the <remote> start. Does anyone have recommendations?

edit: <remote> used to say “auto”
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ‘90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2. My MIC has been great, holds heat very well, no rattles or squeaks.
3. Driving experience is fantastic! I am running Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3's for fantastic road grip.

The day I picked my Bronco up almost 2 weeks ago it was a high in the mid 20s. Since then it got a little chilly, down to -15f at night. I do park in a garage that I keep at 70f.

So far it's a fantastic cold weather vehicle. Heated wheel and leather seats are amazing! Fordpass remote start works great and the scheduled starts are amazing.

20211121_111932.jpg
What is 4.2 psi? mine always reads 0.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Boost output.

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see that Alaska is currently “enjoying” a cold snap. Being an expectant late December Canadian Bronco recipient, I’m wondering about the following:

1. How is the soft top performing in the cold?
2. How is the MIC top performing in the cold?
3. How comfortable is the driving experience with the various trim packages (base, mid, high, lux)?
4. How does the 7MT shift when very cold?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, Alaska is colder than a well diggers ass right now. I have an OBX, SAS, LUX, 2.7 w/heated everything (seats, steering wheel, etc.).

1) It’s fine, but if I turn the heat off while driving, the cab does cool down before long. I park it in the garage, so I don’t have to worry about it getting cold, but when it’s outside for awhile, well, remote start is awesome.
2) Driving experience is great. Better than my f-150. The Sasquatch tires grip the slick surfaces really well, traction control is pretty much fool proof. All in all, I’ve had zero problems with the winter/ass cold conditions. Interior wise, the LUX package amenities have handled the cold well, at least insofar as I’ve had no noticeable issues. (Aside from the wireless charging pad doesn’t work, but that was an on delivery issue) The only problem was my wife busting the drivers side mirror off backing into the garage.

Sponsored

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So far it's a fantastic cold weather vehicle. Heated wheel and leather seats are amazing! Fordpass remote start works great and the scheduled starts are amazing.
This. Yes. Starting it with the app is great.

Pixel R

Outer Banks
First Name
Pixel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma 2016
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2. My MIC has been great, holds heat very well, no rattles or squeaks.
3. Driving experience is fantastic! I am running Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3's for fantastic road grip.

The day I picked my Bronco up almost 2 weeks ago it was a high in the mid 20s. Since then it got a little chilly, down to -15f at night. I do park in a garage that I keep at 70f.

20211121_111932.jpg

20211118_101214.jpg

20211113_163511.jpg

20211113_165035.jpg
Awesome shot! Same trim I have. OBX-VB/Non-Sas/High/SOft-top/non-leather

Tas21

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you just made a question pop into my head - can anyone get ANY of floor/foot vents to work?
the 'foot' setting doesnt seem to blow ANY air upfront
I have this problem too!

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ran them about a week. They did surprise me as traction was much better than expected. But nothing close to a true winter tire. They would be passable if you were careful.
They did go for 3peak rating but didn’t meet the spec. I was curious how far off. Thanks.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This. Yes. Starting it with the app is great.
I set up starts for lunch time and end if the day. It's screwing me up when I drive my other vehicles and I have to remember to start them haha

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ran them about a week. They did surprise me as traction was much better than expected. But nothing close to a true winter tire. They would be passable if you were careful.
I suppose Alaska is the extreme and thus maybe this doesn’t apply but we get pretty bad snow in Michigan too. I legitimately do not know a single person aside from myself who runs true snow tires.
My point is that all tires are passable if you’re careful, and given auto 4x4, if you’re not a knob you’ll be fine.

every college kid I know is running dog shit chinese tires with no tread on 90s Honda civics and they don’t die lol

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I suppose Alaska is the extreme and thus maybe this doesn’t apply but we get pretty bad snow in Michigan too. I legitimately do not know a single person aside from myself who runs true snow tires.
My point is that all tires are passable if you’re careful, and given auto 4x4, if you’re not a knob you’ll be fine.

every college kid I know is running dog shit chinese tires with no tread on 90s Honda civics and they don’t die lol
Few things, our roads aren't deiced, but treated with sand/gravel. The sun (when it's up for a couple hours) is so low that from November to February it produces zero heating effect, no melting. Add to that constant below freezing Temps for 6 months with a few warm ups in between you get a lot of ice.

I know plenty of people who run all season or A/T tires. Now they can't stop or avoid a hazard like anyone with a true winter tire. I run snow tires on all my vehicles and I also drive at the extreme limits traction even with them.

So yes, they are passable. Not the best by a long shot, but if you drove slow and cautiously you could run them..but probably still get into trouble on the ice rink days.

My f150 with blizzaks. These are the days they cancel school, when it warms above freezing and rains.

Anything is possible, do yeah the Goodyears may be "fine" for some, but they absolutely don't cut it for me.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Us 7MT peeps are going to need an A/M solution for the <remote> start. Does anyone have recommendations?

edit: <remote> used to say “auto”
I don't know if this particular brand is compatible with MTs, but I love my aftermarket viper remote start. It has a 2-Way remote so you know if the car actually starts and incredible range.

I don't think I could be happy with a crappy factory RS after this system.

OP
OP
BrentC

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if this particular brand is compatible with MTs, but I love my aftermarket viper remote start. It has a 2-Way remote so you know if the car actually starts and incredible range.

I don't think I could be happy with a crappy factory RS after this system.
Thanks, I’ll check them out.

The Ford remote start from the fob on my 2019 is actually quite good. I get confirmation on the fob that the truck started.
Sponsored