Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the risk of sounding like a prick, is anyone else considering going through with both (if you made two) reservations and building out one to "flip"? Now that I'm writing this it occurs to me that this idea is the equivalent to a dealer mark-up which we are all clearly sensitive too. IF, and that's a a big IF, this was done, what trim level would you build? Base+sasquatch?
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At the risk of sounding like a prick, is anyone else considering going through with both (if you made two) reservations and building out one to "flip"? Now that I'm writing this it occurs to me that this idea is the equivalent to a dealer mark-up which we are all clearly sensitive too. IF, and that's a a big IF, this was done, what trim level would you build? Base+sasquatch?

????

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just depends on sales tax. Higher the sales tax both you and your buyer will have to pay will be the biggest factor in profit margin.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GravyTrain

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reservations cannot be transferred to another ford account
This wouldn't be a transfer. I'm thinking buying it outright, paying taxes, and selling. Would it be worth it?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This wouldn't be a transfer. I'm thinking buying it outright, paying taxes, and selling. Would it be worth it?
Oh. Well, it's a gamble. I would think people willing to pay more than MSRP would probably go for a higher trim level.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just cancel it and let someone who wants to build theirs build it.. but then again if someone really wanted one and didn't reserve one would probably pay. Not worth the hassle IMO

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Base+Sasquatch or Big Bend+Sasquatch.

I would probably advertise it on Craigslist leading up to order date and get someone to commit so you could build it like they want.

I dont think this is a prick move. Maybe someone decides they really want a Bronco, but now they have to wait until 2022. Getting one early/mid 2021 could be worth more than money to them.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably not if you see what we are selling them at...

Would not recoupe taxes and other fees that add up quickly..

In my over 30 years in the business it is usually the manufacturer and dealers that make money on new production cars..

A GT would be one that you could but the stipulations on even getting one are ridiculous.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could there be any oddball warranty issues for the second owner?