toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m from Illinois and a front license plate is required by law, but looking at the Bronco I’m willing to risk it and forgo the plate on the front. I’m curious if anyone else is going to do this as well? If you are mounting a front plate where will you mount it?
Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More than half the US requires 2 plates. Depending on which state they may not be able to use a missing front plate as a reason to pull you over but if you park on the street they will ticket you.

CWGrisw0ld

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you ever have a beer at a restaurant, it's not worth it. It is a "pull me over" for free card for every leo. I tried putting the license plate in my windshield on my JKU and I still got pulled over repeatedly. Just warnings, but still...

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m from Illinois and a front license plate is required by law, but looking at the Bronco I’m willing to risk it and forgo the plate on the front. I’m curious if anyone else is going to do this as well? If you are mounting a front plate where will you mount it?
Yeah Virginia requires them too and has some of the strictest driving laws like getting charged with felony reckless driving if you grt caught going over 80. I'm not sure where they're going to fit the mount, but I hope it can be off to the side and not dead center.

Sponsored

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in Maryland and in the same boat. I'll see where they decide to put it, but may get creative in terms of moving it. I don't know the specific law if it has to be placed in the front/center of the bumper, or just visible from the front.

Iconic

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the past 8 years I have bought 5 new Corvettes and have never run a front plate on any of them and never had a problem even though they are required by stupid law. On my plow truck I have a front plate but it is unviewable with plow on. On the Bronco I plan to run with a front plate.

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah Virginia requires them too and has some of the strictest driving laws like getting charged with felony reckless driving if you grt caught going over 80. I'm not sure where they're going to fit the mount, but I hope it can be off to the side and not dead center.
Yeah, I got pulled over going 82 in Virginia when I was 17 driving to OBX late at night with my friend sleeping in the passenger seat. I only got a ticket but the officer said he could've arrested me and impounded my grandpa's Buick Le Sabre I was driving at the time.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know the specific law if it has to be placed in the front/center of the bumper, or just visible from the front.
Found this online with a Maine Registration. The License Plate is Not in the Center. Saw couple of F150's in my town same as this Raptor.

Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate SAM_0593.JPG

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you ever have a beer at a restaurant, it's not worth it. It is a "pull me over" for free card for every leo. I tried putting the license plate in my windshield on my JKU and I still got pulled over repeatedly. Just warnings, but still...
I'm also in Illinois and I briefly thought about going without a front because it does look damn good, but this is 100% true. I'll give up the front perfect aesthetic for less authoritarian harassment.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In Ohio it was required by law until just this month. I have forgone front license plates for years though. I simply kept the front plate under the seat and would pull it out and toss it on the dash if I was to get pulled over. Never was an issue for me.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is the type of thing you petition your state government about. It’s an outdated law and it costs the state money to print two plates for every car.

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I got pulled over going 82 in Virginia when I was 17 driving to OBX late at night with my friend sleeping in the passenger seat. I only got a ticket but the officer said he could've arrested me and impounded my grandpa's Buick Le Sabre I was driving at the time.
Yeah good thing he stopped you in that wicked speed machine. I think it's unreal, no radar detectors, no going over 80 when there's a bunch of 70mph roads and who the hell actually does 70. I'm not saying we should all be going 100 but come on. Maybe I'll finally be safe with the bronco and not be able to go 80 on the highway:p. And I agree that the front plate is antiquated and needs to go.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Found this online with a Maine Registration. The License Plate is Not in the Center. Saw couple of F150's in my town same as this Raptor.

Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate 34C1747F-FF4D-4A7D-A7A3-1F429EE3EDBE
Some ecoboost vehicles can’t have it dead center due to restricted airflow to the intercooler
Sponsored