Sponsored

My Bronco sucks off-road! Terrible rock chips after 80 miles on county dirt roads.

Fowler

Base
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing wrong with Bronco. Mud flaps and tires are problem. I went 33" for that reason.
Sponsored

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every time I took someone for a ride they where like what is that terrible noise it sounds like rocks hitting under your new Bronco, so I installed Nitto Ridge Grapplers and put 300 miles on so far and ever since I have heard no rocks clunking every time I drive on/off road, I am glad I already planned on switching the tires and wheels anyway but I didn't really want to do it at 400 miles! the Ridge Grapplers look awesome, make little noise and as on my other vehicles work great wet/dry-on/off road , so with all that said anyone want to buy a set of 5 Sasquatch wheels and tires with only 400 miles on them HAHA.
3855D8A4-40D5-42FE-9D59-73C4D1CEFA5B.jpeg
7755F291-E978-4657-8AB5-0A49537C0BA1.jpeg
Those look amazing!

Redf35000

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Raptor 2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
To Ford and anyone who will listen. The Bronco Sasquatch is terrible. The tires, fender design destroy the vehicle.

My family has some land and I have to drive 40 miles each way down a county dirt road to access it.
After just driving around town I already had two chips in my door due to the tires picking up rocks so I had PPF installed on all four doors, this cost me almost $1,000
After traveling to my families land this last weekend I was appalled at what I found when I returned home and washed my Bronco. My rear fenders are trashed, one door handle torn up and my PPF is destroyed. I also took a rock chip on the front of the door even ahead of where the PPF is located on the passenger front door.

How can Ford sell a vehicle that literally rips its self apart driving down a county dirt road??

For reference, I've owned a 2011 FJ Cruiser, 2015 F-150, 2017 F-250 and 2018 Ford Raptor. These vehicles all took dozens of trips down the same road and never took any damage at all. One trip with my Bronco and I'm sure I have hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage to the vehicle.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
It’s the tires and the offset. I own a Raptor and the side of my truck and flares look exactly the same. Maybe get some a/t tire and mudflaps.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s an off-road vehicle that’s meant to get dents, dings, scratches and chips. If you don’t like that stuff then buy a standard SUV for crying out loud. If I ever get mine that bitch is go8ng to get brush scratches the first day!

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like others have said, the Goodyear's are the main culprit.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So sell it.

With all that horrific damage, I can offer you 35k....

TennesseePA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2008 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had more than a few Jeeps and they have the same problem. If the door hinges on your Jeep have a full coat of paint then you don’t drive it. First thing I did after getting my Gladiator Launch Edition was go to the beach, the second thing I did was get the Mopar high performance rock rails to keep rock chips off of the hinges and rear fenders.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
J e e p
Just empty every pocket

Ford
Figure on raining dollars

Off-road toys, run anywhere, cost money to personalize and maintain…. This sucks, but is no different. The good news is that the more dinged up your rig gets the more exploring you will do!

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
...Ford, How I am supposed to take this vehicle off-road without destroying it?!...

/QUOTE]

Your 100% absolutely right! It's not for you. Sell it to someone that will appreciate it.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem is fully disclosed in ALL photos on Ford Bild Site. It is hard to find an official Ford photo that does not have what I consider obnoxious mud spray. There are puddles at Malls, and Ford makes it easy to get that authentic off-road look.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm no stranger to the pristine vehicle thing myself, and I certainly agree that any vehicle that drives on the road, whether its "on" or off" road, is going to see some sign of use and visible wear and tear to its exterior. That's not my point. But I will say that I have yet to personally own a vehicle that does damage to itself in it's stock form like the Bronco does equipped with the Sasquatch tires. Your Z4 story is certainly one, and I am sure there are others, but I'd say that that is probably not the norm or expectation of most who purchase a new vehicle. And if you're saying "you bought an off-road vehicle with 35" MT's on it!", trust me, I fully understand that. But also know that I bought two Jeep Rubicon Recons last year, both with 33" Falken MT tires on them stock, and not once did I hear rocks/pebbles bouncing off the doors while driving on the pavement.

For the record, I'm note saying the "Bronco is terrible off-road" as the title to the thread reads or "blaming" anyone for anything. I love my Bronco. I am simply saying that not all well designed AT or MT tires throw SMALL PEBBLES or rocks even when driving on pavement. These Sas tires do. I hope I'm not coming across as an ahole or anything, that is certainly not my intention.
Agreed!

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

deanfromkelowna

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg
$29.00 CAD.

89E5BEB1-95BA-49E7-A583-C3BC6524B8B0.jpeg

A432CFF2-6FBD-4164-A299-D02756170CB5.jpeg

AF3359C6-1943-4399-BFBD-B8A4FE726ACB.jpeg

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, they are flat and universal like the others in this thread . . . you might need to trim them and "custom install" like the others are showing with their installs. Seems like the Plasticolor flaps are no different, only they are better due to being fiberglass reinforced.
Trimming is not the issue. They will not fit between all the pieces I have described.
Sponsored