First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After a full week of driving around I'm satisfied with the placement and performance of the keyless entry keypad on my son's Big Bend. No issues with fit and opening/closing of the fuel door. Keypad works every time.
keypad1.JPG
keypad2.JPG
Looks perfect, like it should have been there the whole time. It even blends in. A hell of a lot better than the original location. Did you order one or did it come installed from the factory?
Sponsored

jay102269

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE GTPE, Big Bend, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks perfect, like it should have been there the whole time. It even blends in. A hell of a lot better than the original location. Did you order one or did it come installed from the factory?
Ordered one separately. I did not want to chance having to peel one from the door and possibly damaging the paint underneath. Had the service dept. program the keypad.

OP
OP
Machine Gun Fury

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered one separately. I did not want to chance having to peel one from the door and possibly damaging the paint underneath. Had the service dept. program the keypad.
How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

Sponsored

AMBDBronco

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After a full week of driving around I'm satisfied with the placement and performance of the keyless entry keypad on my son's Big Bend. No issues with fit and opening/closing of the fuel door. Keypad works every time.
keypad1.JPG
keypad2.JPG
This is all we really wanted, but all the extra conversation has been amazing! :ROFLMAO:

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At $100 bucks I wouldn't be too concerned. Especially if install is easy. Throw it the gutter and go buy another when it fails. Probably still last a few years under harsh conditions
Does this post include an Eazy E reference???

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does any one know if I can order this part from the parts department? I didn’t add it to my order and now I wish i did, but I already have my VIN and build date so I think it’s too late.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does any one know if I can order this part from the parts department? I didn’t add it to my order and now I wish i did, but I already have my VIN and build date so I think it’s too late.
Yes, you can. That is what I did.

You will require the dealer to link the keypad to your Bronco, though. I negotiated this service free of charge.

I ordered it separate because I am cheap but also because I wanted to mount it in a hidden location, likely inside the fuel door.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only 1 way to find out. Do it and report back. Looks like a good location but I worry gas fumes will degrade the plastic.
As opposed to the “gentle” bathing of UV rays? lol

Sponsored

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As opposed to the “gentle” bathing of UV rays? lol
Funny you mention that because I’ve had my Bronco for two weeks and now the keypad is not working. No response at all. It worked fine and then yesterday just stopped responding. I’m stumped.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, you can. That is what I did.

You will require the dealer to link the keypad to your Bronco, though. I negotiated this service free of charge.

I ordered it separate because I am cheap but also because I wanted to mount it in a hidden location, likely inside the fuel door.
Thanks for the heads up. I will be ordering mine Monday from the dealer.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m thinking about putting the keypad on the inside of my gas door. What concerns me is wearing out the spring that keeps the door closed. Instead of opening it a couple of times a week, you may be opening it 5, 10, 15 times or more a week.

Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door FFCE4464-454E-44CB-A0B5-1BB58CAF4D04

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At $100 bucks I wouldn't be too concerned. Especially if install is easy. Throw it the gutter and go buy another when it fails. Probably still last a few years under harsh conditions
Agreed. This looks horrible and I don’t want it on my drivers door. But it being wireless opens up a world of options to hide it. My thinking is between your keyfob and Ford app, this is like a hide-a-key for emergencies or if you wanted to leave phone/keys in the car for some random scenario (beach trip, etc).
Sponsored