BroncoUT

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all. Happy to say our bronco finally arrived, but sad to say there’s a dent/scratch in the driver side back door. Dealer sent it to the body shop to get fixed and promised “it’ll be as good as new”. We appreciate this, but it’s kind of a tough pill to swallow paying full price for a repaired vehicle. Haven’t dealt with any new vehicle purchases before this. How should we be handling this? Is it customary to receive a discount of some kind?

*Update*: Dealer's body shop fixed the door. Honestly, we're really pleased with the result - it's not possible to tell anything was repaired. For everyone's reference, they offered to cover our first oil change and tire rotation for the inconvenience. Side note - Performance Ford in Bountiful, UT is honoring MSRP.
Ford Bronco Bronco damaged. What to expect? DA62F827-5518-4D98-A68F-C235EF18BC1D
Ford Bronco Bronco damaged. What to expect? 58606538-4F12-4B79-B8AD-AE1F08DD261D
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your new truck comes with a warantee. That warantee states (roughly) that if there is a defect in the product, Ford’s responsibility is to pay the cost of repairing or replacing said item. It sounds like they are doing that, so I wouldn’t expect much beyond a free car wash at your dealer if you really press the issue.

Last edited:

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Problem is they’ll probably blend paint into an adjacent panel depending on how close to edge the dent is. Hopefully blend within the panel. But the blend better be superior otherwise the repair will be apparent to a trained eye. Plus there will be a car fax record of the repair, assuming shop reports it up through their estimating platform (normally this is what happens). There’s no replacement for a factory paint job I don’t care what anyone says.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Few months ago my dealer had a new Mach 1 with a slight dent, and paint mar on the rear quarter. They fixed it and sold the car for $500 under sticker.

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must been a truck driver straight out of school this sucks mine is coming rail but they get loaded on a Carrie when picked up from rail I hope I get a decent driver. If this happens to me i will refuse to take delivery and either get my deposit back and move on to another vehicle on my list or just have them order me a 22
You are the gift that keeps on giving, and I am thankful for you.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Shipping damage happens ALL the time, most people just never know about it. It will absolutely NOT show up on a car fax. Transportation damage happens before the vehicle is sold new, thus its not titled or registered. Shipping companies carry insurance for this type of thing.

It sucks, but let them fix it and take delivery.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is that a cactus GREY Sasquatch? Someone may want to take the bronco off your hands so you can get another one.

Hey all. Happy to say our bronco finally arrived, but sad to say there’s a dent/scratch in the driver side back door. Dealer sent it to the body shop to get fixed and promised “it’ll be as good as new”. We appreciate this, but it’s kind of a tough pill to swallow paying full price for a repaired vehicle. Haven’t dealt with any new vehicle purchases before this. How should we be handling this? Is it customary to receive a discount of some kind?
Ford Bronco Bronco damaged. What to expect? 58606538-4F12-4B79-B8AD-AE1F08DD261D

Sponsored

Murf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 F150. '15 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Bronco damaged. What to expect? 449D74FF-D414-45CD-B61F-4C6161615477
Ford Bronco Bronco damaged. What to expect? 449D74FF-D414-45CD-B61F-4C6161615477
is that a door panel? Can't quite tell. If so, they should get you anther door instead of doing any body work.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine had a dent that looked exactly like that on the drivers side, closer to the fender . Also two dents in the hood that you can clearly see in the production line photo. I suspected the hood ones were from someone shutting it or the adhesive pulling it down.

OP
OP
BroncoUT

BroncoUT

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
is that a door panel? Can't quite tell. If so, they should get you anther door instead of doing any body work.
Yes drivers side rear door. We’re surprised they’re fixing it and not replacing the door

OP
OP
BroncoUT

BroncoUT

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that a cactus GREY Sasquatch? Someone may want to take the bronco off your hands so you can get another one.
Haha no not Sasquatch. We don’t plan to give this one up. Too much waiting!
Sponsored