Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would help to remove the glass so you can actually get to the tabs but it can be done without doing so. Procedures below for both options

Ford Bronco Mirror Cap Removal Instructions w/ Diagrams capture-

Ford Bronco Mirror Cap Removal Instructions w/ Diagrams capture-
Where are you getting the schematics?

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, Terminator, 2018 F-150, 76 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Appreciate it! That cleared up everything.
Funny... I checked Mitchell and AllData but never thought to look at the Ford Workshop

Stefanmcd

Badlands
First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Exploder Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP if you complete this, please make a video if you can. I got my painted mirror caps in house and will
Be looking to do the same thing when my Bronco arrives
Did you order them thru your dealer? What was the cost?

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/painted-mirror-caps-and-door-handles-ordered.25886/

Ordered them from a shop in Florida. See thread above. Should have the link to the shop in there. He’ll paint them any color you’d like.

I got the mirror caps and all doorhandles for about $800 shipped. The mirror caps alone are about $300 if I recall. The handles were a little pricier because I have LUX so they need the smart key sensors.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ordered mine through a dealer and painted them myself. Part numbers I used- M2DZ-17D743-EAPTM and M2DZ-17D742-EAPTM. This is for the First Edition. Was about $78 a side.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP if you complete this, please make a video if you can. I got my painted mirror caps in house and will
Be looking to do the same thing when my Bronco arrives
@BroncoBoy22

Great... I'll be looking forward to your trip to my home, to paint the mirror caps on my Badlands. Well, if I ever get it!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would like to have a motorised one to tuck them in .... is that a possibility on these Bronco mirrors?

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I just wanted to update with some pictures from this install. I'm working on a video from the other side, and I'll try to have that up shortly.

It really is as straight forward as the Workshop diagram shows. You can pull the glass, but you certainly don't need to- I did not. Here are the same four points shown in the diagram:

i-tkBW6nK-L.jpg

And from inside the housing... Shown in the following order: Top inner corner, top outer, side, bottom

i-gHsVtP6-L.jpg

i-6cKbvrj-L.jpg

i-Gg3zPV4-L.jpg

i-6kCS93q-L.jpg

Originally, I mistook the center tabs as locking points for the mirror cap. They are actually tabs for the marker light, so you don't have to worry about those right now. Just go in with either a thin flathead screwdriver or a good pick and pull up on the locks for each tab. When you have it all the way up and resting on top of the tab it'll click. From there I started along the bottom by the floodlight- you can use a non-marring pry tool or just your hands pull the cap away from the housing. I then moved to the top and lastly the side by the side spotlight. It'll come free. From there you can unplug the flood light (or just unclip it and remove it from the housing), unclip the sidelight and let it hang and swap your caps. That simple.

Flood light plug:
i-sS8gKfv-L.jpg

Spotlight:
i-vjMp3r2-L.jpg

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/painted-mirror-caps-and-door-handles-ordered.25886/

Ordered them from a shop in Florida. See thread above. Should have the link to the shop in there. He’ll paint them any color you’d like.

I got the mirror caps and all doorhandles for about $800 shipped. The mirror caps alone are about $300 if I recall. The handles were a little pricier because I have LUX so they need the smart key sensors.
I want to order the door handles but am not sure how close the paint will actually match. Would love to see how closely yours match when you get your Bronco.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For some reason the MIC mirror caps don’t bug me at all, in fact it’s serious protection from trail rash here in the Oregon forest service roads, especially without power folding mirrors. But the MIC door handles HAVE TO GO. My rig is over $60k, having MIC handles is a slap in the face. Luckily it’s easily fixable lol.

Request: Door handle removal/install guide 😎

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to order the door handles but am not sure how close the paint will actually match. Would love to see how closely yours match when you get your Bronco.
So I got black even though my Bronco is Cactus Gray. I like the contrast.

but they should match 100% whatever color you get because he uses OEM paint.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just wanted to update with some pictures from this install. I'm working on a video from the other side, and I'll try to have that up shortly.

It really is as straight forward as the Workshop diagram shows. You can pull the glass, but you certainly don't need to- I did not. Here are the same four points shown in the diagram:

Ford Bronco Mirror Cap Removal Instructions w/ Diagrams i-vjMp3r2-L

And from inside the housing... Shown in the following order: Top inner corner, top outer, side, bottom

Originally, I mistook the center tabs as locking points for the mirror cap. They are actually tabs for the marker light, so you don't have to worry about those right now. Just go in with either a thin flathead screwdriver or a good pick and pull up on the locks for each tab. When you have it all the way up and resting on top of the tab it'll click. From there I started along the bottom by the floodlight- you can use a non-marring pry tool or just your hands pull the cap away from the housing. I then moved to the top and lastly the side by the side spotlight. It'll come free. From there you can unplug the flood light (or just unclip it and remove it from the housing), unclip the sidelight and let it hang and swap your caps. That simple.

Flood light plug:

Spotlight:
Thank you for the update and walk through!!

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I got black even though my Bronco is Cactus Gray. I like the contrast.

but they should match 100% whatever color you get because he uses OEM paint.
Hmm… I messaged him on Ebay and he told me that Cactus Gray is an easy color to match because there is no flake in it which leads me to believe he’s mixing his own paint.
Sponsored