Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I wanted to share that I called the IIHS on Wednesday and asked if they've completed crash testing of the Bronco as they only have the Bronco Sport listed on their website. I was told that it's been completed and will be released via their website next month.
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know some of the finer details of crash testing?

I'm curious how sasquatch models will perform on some tests, seeing as the crash bars are removed.

Or will Ford be able to avoid testing a bronco with that package installed?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know some of the finer details of crash testing?

I'm curious how sasquatch models will perform on some tests, seeing as the crash bars are removed.

Or will Ford be able to avoid testing a bronco with that package installed?
I remember seeing a video a couple weeks ago that said they were not testing the Sasquatch models because they didn't have crash bars. It made sense at the time but I'll be curious to see if they did or did not test those vehicles.

Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s about time this info comes out. Vehicle is technically in its second year and the results aren’t out.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does this really matter for the Bronco's Faithful and Maniacs?

After all the Covid-1984, Social, Ecco, Go Brandon Nanny Statists trying to control and run every bit of Society.

The IIHS could report that the 2021 Bronco was deadlier than the Corvair, Pinto and Pickups with Behind the Seat or Side Saddle Gas Tanks and I would not care. Zero Fuchs Given.

Why? Am I some tough or wreckless guy? Hell No

I grew up driving 2 out 3 Mentioned vehicles for years and lived to tell of many tales and adventures.

From baby to toddler, I rode upfront on my Mom's lap. We didn't have car seats back then.

In the backseat unrestained going to school, practice or Grandma's House.

Cross country vacations riding in the family wagon's "Hell Hole" seat in the back without dying from Carbon Monoxide or being ejected through the rear window.

I beat those odds and I think can beat any bad odds that my Bronco could possibly throw my way.

Besides, my Bronco is the most fun and comfortable vehicle that I have ever driven and it is checking off more boxes for me than I ever anticipated.

If I die in my Bronco, at least I will die Free and Happy as I ride down the trail to Fiddlers' Green in my Bronco, of course.

Sanner

Wildtrak
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would someone be so kind as to explain the real value in the crash bars? I know there are many opinions out there… don’t need any more of those… I just have a hard time believing hitting anything over 5-10mph these will have any effect… other than puncture a tire and more for insurance to replace…

anyone know the actual technical value?

thanks so much… genuinely want to know.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does this really matter for the Bronco's Faithful and Maniacs?

After all the Covid-1984, Social, Ecco, Go Brandon Nanny Statists trying to control and run every bit of Society.

The IIHS could report that the 2021 Bronco was deadlier than the Corvair, Pinto and Pickups with Behind the Seat or Side Saddle Gas Tanks and I would not care. Zero Fuchs Given.

Why? Am I some tough or wreckless guy? Hell No

I grew up driving 2 out 3 Mentioned vehicles for years and lived to tell of many tales and adventures.

From baby to toddler, I rode upfront on my Mom's lap. We didn't have car seats back then.

In the backseat unrestained going to school, practice or Grandma's House.

Cross country vacations riding in the family wagon's "Hell Hole" seat in the back without dying from Carbon Monoxide or being ejected through the rear window.

I beat those odds and I think can beat any bad odds that my Bronco could possibly throw my way.

Besides, my Bronco is the most fun and comfortable vehicle that I have ever driven and it is checking off more boxes for me than I ever anticipated.

If I die in my Bronco, at least I will die Free and Happy as I ride down the trail to Fiddlers' Green in my Bronco, of course.
^ This.

And BTW, Pintos were actually very safe statistically.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell we had four kids riding in a 67 falcon coupe. My seat was the center console.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "tough" guys are pretty hilarious. Some of us put our loved ones in our vehicles 🤷🏻‍♂️

The 4Runner and Wrangler have terrible crash test ratings BUT I would drive either one. However that being said I can only imagine the Bronco regardless of Sasquatch will still be safer than both the 4Runner and Wrangler.
Sponsored