zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This wouldn't be a transfer. I'm thinking buying it outright, paying taxes, and selling. Would it be worth it?
No. It is not a limited production vehicle. There will be at least as many Broncos on the road as the Jeeps out there....anyone can buy one and after the initial rush is over there will be plenty to pick from a Ford dealers lot.

I think the Covid economic impact can and will make a difference as well. Many people who reserved will not order and some who order will not be able to receive delivery. There will be more than enough ponies to go around.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't think it would be worth it at all. Its a mass production vehicle. Sure there will be a temporary high demand and limited supply. But I would not think many people would be willing to pay that much over MSRP to cover your cost/taxes/etc and then have money left for a profit.
Also think about your time put into doing this. Your time has to hold some value.

So they could over pay you for a bronco by about 5-10k. Or they could wait about 12 months and get their own at MSRP.
I'm sure there are people out there that may pay you that, but they may be few and far between.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like a pain, but if you really wanted to you could spec 2 the same and try to sell the first before the second arrives. If it turned out to be a bad idea, let the dealer keep the second. I think that’s how it works ?

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say go for it!

Sponsored

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, it doesn't feel right after thinking about it for a while. I'll let the thread evolve but I'm scraping the idea.
No stone left unturned! Interesting thinking, though, and worth the read for me. Cheers

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There might be a small market to flip a First Edition...limited supply and first delivered. There will be people that wanted one and weren't able to get a reservation. (that might be a good poll to find out how many people want an FE, but had to settle for another trim) There will also be those that won't be able to wait patiently for theirs to be delivered.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably not if you see what we are selling them at...

Would not recoupe taxes and other fees that add up quickly..

In my over 30 years in the business it is usually the manufacturer and dealers that make money on new production cars..

A GT would be one that you could but the stipulations on even getting one are ridiculous.
How to make a million dollars flipping reservations: First, start with 2 million dollars. Buy and sell cars until you have one million left.

Seriously, making money off of vehicles is a tough business. Putting $100 down early is likely not the way.

BimmerFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 GT3RS, E30 M3, Land Cruiser, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a FE and Outer Banks reserved. I plan to take delivery of only one. While I have no intention of buying and flipping the second Bronco, I had thought about talking with my dealer about ordering both, and allowing the dealership to retain the second one for inventory. This puts an available Bronco at their dealership, well ahead of the ones that would be build for dealer stock.
I would use this as leverage to get their absolute lowest price on the Bronco which I plan on taking delivery of. (assuming that will be the FE)

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's a free country, mostly, but your proposal would seem antithetical to our helping each other with dealer lists offering no additional dealer markup, and plan participants etc;. limiting dealers gouging buyers. Now we want to gouge each other?

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It wouldn't surprise me if a few people try this. The only way I would do this is to buy a bare bones base 2-door Bronco. If you have an early reservation number, I think there would be a market for a base Bronco.

OP
OP
GravyTrain

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's a free country, mostly, but your proposal would seem antithetical to our helping each other with dealer lists offering no additional dealer markup, and plan participants etc;. limiting dealers gouging buyers. Now we want to gouge each other?
I came to the same conclusion.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a FE and Outer Banks reserved. I plan to take delivery of only one. While I have no intention of buying and flipping the second Bronco, I had thought about talking with my dealer about ordering both, and allowing the dealership to retain the second one for inventory. This puts an available Bronco at their dealership, well ahead of the ones that would be build for dealer stock.
I would use this as leverage to get their absolute lowest price on the Bronco which I plan on taking delivery of. (assuming that will be the FE)
I have 2 FE reservations at the same dealer one 2-door and one 4-door. Thinking about doing the same with ordering both but working a deal with the dealer to buy only one of them at the best price/turning over the other. Still have not decided on number of doors. Leaning towards keeping the 2 door.
Sponsored