Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The center spacers are machined to accept a 5/8th grade 8 zinc plated center bolt, vs. a custom machined pin that has been known to fail over the years. By running a grade 8 bolt, there is enough strength not to fail, but not so much that the bolt can't flex.

I don't understand this comment about the bolt. Bolts break because they get slightly loose and the bolt ends up holding the load. A properly torqued bolt transfers the load to the friction of the making surfaces of the parts that are bolted together, specifically so the bolt doesn't hold the load. This statement about the bolt being strong enough to flex and yet not break is the opposite of that. Seems to me this statement is a mistake.

In off road racing we specifically torque each bolt with a torque wrench to avoid bolt breakage, and then we mark each bolt with torque strip so we can inspect it for movement.

Nice arms, BTW.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you make these for and AMC Eagle? I know there is only like 50 people who still have em and lift em worldwide but we have an IFS that needs a lift. We got people machining 3" ball joint spacers so they can drop the lower control arms to fit 31s. Its nuts. Im sure you would lose money but come on I just checked my front travel before pulling a blown motor last week and it was only about 4" total :cry: good thing the unibody is old enough to flex!

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you make these for and AMC Eagle? I know there is only like 50 people who still have em and lift em worldwide but we have an IFS that needs a lift. We got people machining 3" ball joint spacers so they can drop the lower control arms to fit 31s. Its nuts. Im sure you would lose money but come on I just checked my front travel before pulling a blown motor last week and it was only about 4" total :cry: good thing the unibody is old enough to flex!
Sorry, a bit off topic. Because of massive vehicle reshuffling I have two 300 hp Jeep 6 cyl stroker motors and last night we were talking about what to do with them and one idea was to get an AMC Eagle and use one of the motors. Keep me posted if you figure something out. (y):D

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are y’all planning on making protection for the lower control arm mounts? This is what Bronco owners need the most right now, but there’s nothing aftermarket available. 🙁

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, a bit off topic. Because of massive vehicle reshuffling I have two 300 hp Jeep 6 cyl stroker motors and last night we were talking about what to do with them and one idea was to get an AMC Eagle and use one of the motors. Keep me posted if you figure something out. (y):D
I have been looking at modifying a Freakride AMC coilover kit. Right now I have the 258(with a hole in its side) pulled out my new Eagle project. I am going to make diff support brackets for it to get them off the engine block. Which will aid in a diff drop type lift to get larger tires on it. 32s would be awesome with out going SAS. I am also at a crossroads as to what to do motor wise. For now I am going to throw the fresh 7 years ago 258 out of my CJ rust bucket, but would really love to one day do a stroker or even better a 302/C4/D20 swap. The engine bay is wider than my old Maverick was. Exhaust (around the diff and shaft) is the only issue, but it would be fun to build a set of headers. For now I am just gonna get it cleaned up and running, but one day I want to start beefing the unibody then doing a custom lift. Having one of these modern parts builders keep a design on the back shelf for the Eagles would be great.

How much to ship one of those strokers to Maui, since ya have a spare?;)

Sponsored

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there a wheel travel gain with just swapping this arm(the billet or tube version) in on the stock length coilover? Also for the tube arm that's in development still, will that also require 0 offset wheels?

OP
OP
SVCOFFROAD

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The center spacers are machined to accept a 5/8th grade 8 zinc plated center bolt, vs. a custom machined pin that has been known to fail over the years. By running a grade 8 bolt, there is enough strength not to fail, but not so much that the bolt can't flex.

I don't understand this comment about the bolt. Bolts break because they get slightly loose and the bolt ends up holding the load. A properly torqued bolt transfers the load to the friction of the making surfaces of the parts that are bolted together, specifically so the bolt doesn't hold the load. This statement about the bolt being strong enough to flex and yet not break is the opposite of that. Seems to me this statement is a mistake.

In off road racing we specifically torque each bolt with a torque wrench to avoid bolt breakage, and then we mark each bolt with torque strip so we can inspect it for movement.

Nice arms, BTW.

They also break when you use material such as 300m. We have seen a manufacturer run 300m machined center pins that unfortunately were snapping because the material is harder and more brittle. That company has since corrected the material issue. We race 6100 as well, and all trucks that leave our shop get torque paint for the reasons you said. So, I mostly agree with everything you said, unfortunately my eyes and personal experience with customer who suffered broken pins was very real, hence why we never went that route and chose to run 3/4in grade 8 flawlessly for years now.

Thanks

Jarrett

OP
OP
SVCOFFROAD

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is there a wheel travel gain with just swapping this arm(the billet or tube version) in on the stock length coilover? Also for the tube arm that's in development still, will that also require 0 offset wheels?
The arm won't offer more travel, that is limited by the shock. We do have a tubed arm coming as well.

Thanks

Jarrett

OP
OP
SVCOFFROAD

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are y’all planning on making protection for the lower control arm mounts? This is what Bronco owners need the most right now, but there’s nothing aftermarket available. 🙁

Not at this point. We need to finish first run production on the bumpers / UCA's and lift Spacers. Then we will start branching out to other items.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't see a response so bumping this question. I'd be interested too.

EDIT - and just like that you responded to the question. ☝

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We designed it to work with the most common 17" wheels that we sell such as Method/KMC/Innov8 etc. If you run a 4.5 backspacing on a 9' wheel you should clear without issue. There are so many variations of tire combinations and all tires seem to run a little different regardless of what they say on the side. BFG's have a tendency to run smaller than Toyo and the list goes on. The arm is not overly large and we try to keep as much space as possible. Hope this helps.
For someone trying to learn, does this mean these are not compatible with the stock Sasquatch wheels and tires??

OP
OP
SVCOFFROAD

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Didn't see a response so bumping this question. I'd be interested too.
We need to finish first run production on the bumpers / UCA's and lift Spacers. Then we will start branching out to other items. Didn't know people were hammering the lowers. If this is something of a concern, which it sounds like it is, we absolutely will come up with a solution.

Thanks Jarrett

OP
OP
SVCOFFROAD

SVCOFFROAD

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For someone trying to learn, does this mean these are not compatible with the stock Sasquatch wheels and tires??

I never say never. anyone who is local to us in Lake Forest CA, willing to lend us their Sasquatch for the afternoon, I will be able to confirm 100%

Please PM if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Jarrett

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They also break when you use material such as 300m. We have seen a manufacturer run 300m machined center pins that unfortunately were snapping because the material is harder and more brittle. That company has since corrected the material issue. We race 6100 as well, and all trucks that leave our shop get torque paint for the reasons you said. So, I mostly agree with everything you said, unfortunately my eyes and personal experience with customer who suffered broken pins was very real, hence why we never went that route and chose to run 3/4in grade 8 flawlessly for years now.

Thanks

Jarrett
Thanks for the response, and understand and agree to use grade 8. My question was about the comment regarding the bolt flexing, which maybe isn't exactly what you meant. BTW, maybe you can answer this question. I'm wondering with all of the aftermarket upper A arms that are coming out to allow more movement in the upper joint by using a uniball, I see they all have correction for camber and caster for correct alignment with a lift. My question is how little lift can they be used with, and is there any benefit of having them with a stock Sasquatch or maybe just .5-1" of lift?

Also, is your company considering sway bar disconnects for all of the non Badlands Broncos that will be out there?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering with all of the aftermarket upper A arms that are coming out to allow more movement in the upper joint by using a uniball, I see they all have correction for camber and caster for correct alignment with a lift. My question is how little lift can they be used with, and is there any benefit of having them with a stock Sasquatch or maybe just .5-1" of lift?
I've been wondering this myself as well along with the degree of increased noise & harshness in the ride vice going with the arms with bushings and a ball joint.
Sponsored