Sponsored

Southern IL Bronco club

Looking to get a group together from the Southern IL area ranging from St. Louis, MO to Paducah, KY to Terra Haute, IN.
AaronS
I don't live in southern Illinois but I normally go to St. Louis several times a year (Cardinals and Blues fan) so I thought I would join.
I ordered a 4 dr BL with the 2.7L, lux and MIC in Area 51.
I am new to offroading but I was in the market for a Wrangler Rubicon this time last year (hence BL). When I heard that Ford was actually going to release a new Bronco I decided to hold off plus I didn't like the death wobble or windshield issues and I prefer Ford products. Obviously I fell in love with the new Bronco otherwise I wouldn't be here.
I currently drive a 2011 F-150 (reason for 4 dr) and a 2012 Mustang GT. I will either trade or sell the F-150 for the Bronco. I had a day 1 reservation with my local dealer but they would not talk about pricing so I jumped on the October Granger deal. This will be my first new vehicle but I plan to keep it for 8+ years.
Both my F-150 and Mustang are 5.0's which is why I chose the 2.7L. I would rather have a larger engine/more power and not need it than have to spend a lot in upgrades just to be comparable in power with no room to grow.
Show full message
jjvalerius
jjvalerius
@AaronS - I'm a huge Ford guy - got 8 of them, so I certainly get your desire to wait for the Bronco. Regarding the engine size, you're right the 5.0s are hard to beat, but this Bronco is built on a smaller frame and should be (for all intents and purposes) a lighter vehicle. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the power (I'm hoping I'm not), but a Coyote powered Bronco would be AWESOME!!
Reactions: AaronS

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views