Sponsored

Sac Bronco Club

Sacramento, CA (and surrounding areas) Bronco enthusiasts
BoostedNerd
Where is everyone reserving there Bronco? I'm currently with Elk Grove Ford.
Show full message
Reactions: DebbieEF
calgecko
calgecko
Fairfield Ford - it's where I bought my Mustang 4 years ago - they treated me right, and earned my business. I will say to anyone in the Sac area - STAY AWAY from Future Ford Roseville - when I bought my first 2016 Mustang from them, they waited a couple months to call me and say they needed me to come in for some 'updated paperwork' and after pushing them for an explanation, they told me that it was for the DMV - and when they initially submitted the registration paperwork for my car purchase, they submitted it as a "new car registration", but the apparently it wasn't... Future Ford had sold the car to someone else before me and had to take the car back - then they sold it to me .. as 'new' ... I made them take the car back from me (by this point, I had put 4500 miles on it) and give me back all my money - that's when I ended up at Fairfield ford
BoostedNerd
BoostedNerd
@calgecko ya, Ive been seeing a lot of bad reviews on here so far about Future Ford Roseville.
da_jokker
I'm with future ford roseville just because they are close and I had to pick someone. Frankly all the dealers in the auto mall are shit. Not sweating it until Oct when it all comes out. Maybe try my luck in woodland or auburn. Bought both my Mazdas in Elk Grove but it 100 miles round trip
Reactions: BoostedNerd
JesseS
JesseS
@da_jokker Looks like Sonora Ford is doing No ADM and X-plan, and kicking in a 25 year limited power train warranty. As reported by @emaier.
Kickit
Kickit
I went with Geweke in Yuba City. Not too bad of a drive and we bought our F150 there and had a really good experience. I would rather light my hair on fire than go back to future ford Roseville.
da_jokker
Future Roseville said they have No ADM and will honor xplan (if ford does)... so I'm thinking how bad could they mess this up? ;)
calgecko
calgecko
@da_jokker did you see my post about my new mustang purchase from them? they outright LIED to me when I bought a new mustang from them and then tried to minimize it a couple months later.. I came to find out that this is not unusual behavior for them. They could be offering the Bronco for $1000 under invoice and I wouldn't buy from them
da_jokker
@calgecko yeah.. saw your post. I still can't believe they would pull that. Seems like some wires really got crossed on that one. Hopefully someone lost their job for that.
JesseS
JesseS
@da_jokker I know the sales manager at Future Ford, Big Mike, and don't think he would be a party to that, must have been a major FUBAR on someones part. I am 1 mile from them and will use them as no ADM and I will use my D-Plan discount. I will be sure to leave time to switch dealers if they won't play ball. I love Granger but 1800 miles!, Stephens is 1K under invoice, no ADM, and will accept my D Plan, and ship to my door FREE!!, he would be my second choice.
BoostedNerd
BoostedNerd
I just got off the phone with Elk Grove Ford. There will be no mark up and there will be X-Plan Pricing through them.
JesseS
JesseS
@BoostedNerd Will they give you that in writing? If so I will add them to my possible list.
BoostedNerd
BoostedNerd
@JesseS I emailed them and they did not respond. It wasn't until I called them they gave me the answer. I will see if they can put it in writing. I know they were going to send more information once it was closer to ordering.
Natai
Natai
My reservation is currently with Future Ford of Sacramento. Had an early discussion via text that confirmed X-plan and no ADM, then ran into issues getting any sort of communication. That may have been resolved this weekend. Had 2 phone convos in 2 days and had that information confirmed. Supposed to be receiving written confirmation via email sometime this evening. I'll update when I have it.
View previous replies…
lenitech
@JesseS I have an email confirmation from Future Ford Roseville confirming no ADM and no add ons for reservation holders. I did not ask about X-plan. This is my conversation from the internet sales manager.

Me: "I am also wondering if there are going to be any additional dealer fees over MSRP on reserved Broncos? It seems like a lot of the 2020 vehicles on your website are priced over MSRP which isn't giving me a good feeling."

Future Ford: "No, I will be selling all pre orders at MSRP with no negotiations below MSRP. Great question!"

Me: " Is there any additional dealer fees added other than tax, title, and registration?"

Future Ford: "No, just tax, license, doc fee's. Nothing out of the normal"
JesseS
JesseS
@lenitech So it is extremely important that we get X-Plan confirmation as that is where you will save money, my D-plan is $600+ below invoice, that's over $1800 below MSRP. That's $1800 you could use to pay for options.
Natai
Natai
@JesseS The confirmation I got was for X-plan pricing. Assuming both Future Ford locations are operating the same, we should be good.
Kickit
Kickit
So I still have yet to call the dealership that holds my reservation but here’s my concern. I don’t believe getting anything in writing is legally binding by any means so I’m not entirely sure what good it will do me. They could see the popularity of the bronco and quite easily recant anything in writing to charge ADM at time of delivery. With larger dealerships that have been on this forum and are making a name for themselves here there’s a lot more at stake if they don’t keep their word. Just hoping to get your guys two cents on this or call me crazy, but I’m leaning towards kearny Mesa as they have been so present on the forum. It’s a drive but it’s same state and who doesn’t love a trip to the San Diego area, sans covid of course. Thoughts?
lenitech
Reactions: aplm7
aplm7
aplm7
I am here. 2 reservations in Fairfield, ready to move one to a group buy, and maybe 1 to Walnut Creek or Rio Vista
Kickit
Kickit
I’d move if I could get a granger type deal and work with someone as honest as them.
calgecko
calgecko
checking in - have you guys seen the discussion from @Gloff regarding Serramonte Ford? He's doing what he can to help us out - might be some potential there for a group buy :)
JesseS
JesseS
I spoke with the e-sales manager at Future Ford Roseville and he assured me they will accept all Ford discount plans with no ADM or add on's, max additional deposit of $400 to weed out the lookie-loos. They will have a Sport on the lot with a Ford REP on Wednesday @ 9:30 AM and I will be there, both to look at the Sport and get the deal in writing. If I get this I will leave my reservation there as it is 2 miles from me and will be my service center while under warranty.
View previous replies…
JesseS
JesseS
@lenitech I am assuming you don't have X-Plan, as you can't do both. X-Plan at a local dealer with get you close to the $1k under invoice after figuring in the plane trip, gas, food and such.
lenitech
@JesseS I don't follow your math. I do have X plan but all X plan pricing is a couple hundred above invoice not below.
JesseS
JesseS
@lenitech My bad, I was going by my D-Plan pricing, which is bout $621 below invoice.
calgecko
calgecko
calgecko
da_jokker
Looks like according to those unofficial numbers, they could save you 1k+ by doing their 500 over. But for xplan, there is nothing to gain.

Which reminds me, have any of this transparent dealers explained MSRP vs Invoice and where their real cost comes from.... meaning I've always believed that even at "invoice" they are still making money.
lenitech
@da_jokker Google holdback and volume incentives to see how they make money.
Natai
Natai
@da_jokker I was told by my current dealer that when a vehicle is ordered under X-plan, Ford actually lowers the cost of the vehicle to the dealer so that the dealer still makes a profit. No idea if that's actually true.
bf4445
bf4445
@da_jokker your right invoice is not true invoice but in reality it is the lowest "retail" price usually available. The dealer if he sold you a car at his cost still will get an incentive from Ford of 6% up depending upon the amount of units sold in that period. They deny this but its a fact. Another thing to remember is an ordered vehicle incures no flooring costs for the dealer so he makes a larger profit. I Found by shopping around for a hungry dealer you can often get a lower than invoice price. My last jeep required a train trip to carson city nevada to get as it was the jeep I wanted at the lowest price. Last Ford truck same kind of deal I ended up getting from Northside Ford in Portland Oregon. The down side is your buying a vehicle from a dealer not in your area if thats important to you.
da_jokker
Yeah read up on that holdback. So basically anything over "invoice" is gravy for a dealer and money out of our pockets. They need to make money and I don't hate them for it, but I'd shop around.
calgecko
calgecko
@JesseS .. I’d rather drive 6 hours and get the same deal verses supporting the crooks and liars at Future Ford Roseville. They screwed me over so bad, I will never forgive them. I will do whatever I can to convince other people to go elsewhere
JesseS
JesseS
@calgecko So you got burned, that's to bad, one reason I keep a lawyer on retainer. Also, when I buy a vehicle the first thing I do is get a carfax report before I sign on the dotted line, even a new one as you never know. In your case a carfax would have shown the previous sale.
da_jokker
@calgecko i totally don't blame you. I would be doing the exact same thing if I were in your shoes. The reality is that any one of us could be the one that gets screwed. But there are many others that have not...if they were actually that crooked...they would be out of business.... I have never been impressed with their sales team either... they are just as lazy as most of those automall dealers. I will say I'm not 100% sold on them, but so far everything checks out. As soon as I get my B&P, I'm going to go physically down there and at that point, we'll see what side of the fence I fall on.

But thank you for the warning..it is definitely filed in toolbelt.
JesseS
JesseS
So, I have it in writing from Future Ford Roseville that there will be no ADM and they will accept all ford discount plans, this is from Gary Crow who is the internet sales manager. (posted above) I also asked him about dealer add on's and he stated that they do not add anything not ordered, but that some will be offered at time of finalizing your order (normal).
530Squatch
530Squatch
Hey Bronco locals,

I reserved my WT with Sean at Serramonte. If you haven't read up on Serramonte nor Walnut Creek I'd recommend a search. They both have been transparent about late reservations, like me, to be only MSRP plus tax and title/ license. Not as good as the invoice deal for earlier folks, but I'm happy at this stage. Plus I'm delaying to 2022 for a white hard top and (fingers crossed!) a great green paint.

Ok that aside, I'm not a technically-experienced off-roader. In my younger days I romped hills, sand, and rock trails in Ocotillo Wells and throughout the dirt and rock hills of the inland empire in my Silverado. But in terms of trails and technical usage of a good 4WD vehicle, I'm looking for some local OHVA areas to practice with the new GOAT modes and get generally acquainted with my Bronco. Eventually I'll plan to hit up the nearest Off Rodeo event depending on timing of my order.

Any thoughts or advice? Looking ahead, it'd be fun to meet up and do day trips here and there once we all get our rigs!
Reactions: Natai
da_jokker
@530Squatch

I plan on going to 3 local areas

1) there is prairie city OHV

2) folsom lake (Dotons Point) has some minor trails, rocks, and you can drive on the beach

3) Forest Hill Rock quarry...fire roads and trails for days.
Natai
Natai
@530Squatch You're not alone. I haven't been off-road since my military days, so I'm going to effectively be new to all this as well. Planning to check out all the spots on @da_jokker list, though one word of warning: Avoid driving into the mud at Folsom Lake. The number of recoveries I've seen photos of because people got stuck trying to cross that mud is just absurd.

There are a couple of FB groups you might check out as well. Try 530 Recovery & Everything Off Road, Norcal4x4misfit, and NorCal 4x4 Rescue. I'm sure there are others.
530Squatch
530Squatch
View previous replies…
JesseS
JesseS
Natai
Natai
@da_jokker That sounds great. Though I should warn you that both my wife and I are former EOD techs and well-trained at a Navy school. Our kids learned "french" and other languages long ago. We're probably on to "lithuanian" at this point. My wife's pet name for me is asshole.
That said, we're usually fairly well behaved. Our time with EOD means we're always happy to mix family, friends, and hobbies.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
530Squatch
530Squatch
@lenitech whatcha say man? You in, whenever this purgatory period comes to fruition? Since you'll be getting yours loooong before I will, I am happy to ride in the back with your kiddos!!
Reactions: JesseS
lenitech
I'm down. We might have to do some evening runs after work on Folsom lake bed this summer. There won't be enough water to take the boat out. Hopefully, the Bronco is here in time. Although wakeboarding and tubing behind the Bronco might be interesting.
JesseS
JesseS
I guess you all will need an adult as a chaperone so I am in, My years in the Army will come in handy :)
DebbieEF
DebbieEF
Elk Grove Ford. I have had nothing but positive interactions with them over the years, including with my Bronco reservation and order.
JimboSlice
JimboSlice
I picked mine up at Elk Grove Ford on May 4th. They hit me with a $5K ADM that was not on my original order. I paid it because I had waited 8.5 months for my Bronco. After lighting them up on the survey that Ford sent to me, they paid me back. Not a great experience, but they made it right.
CBWAR1
CBWAR1
Crown Motors, Redding, CA
da_jokker
Supposed to be getting my Bronco next month. Will be looking for someone local to swap their silver rings for my black ones.
GOAT X4
GOAT X4
I used Folsom Lake Ford for my order - through Mike in Internet sales. Zero mark up on MSRP and when I was with the finance guy they saw an incentive program from previously buying a few Ford trucks and they honored a few grand off... pretty stand up! Upon delivery it had a few things that needed addressed but they did everything I asked to make me happy and correct the issues.
Reactions: JimboSlice
da_jokker
@GOAT X4 nice to know. I originally had called them and looking for a place to move my reservation to, and at that time (which of course was a couple years ago) They told me they were charging ADM, although they said it was only like 2k. Seems like they may have sorted that out.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views