Sponsored

Leonardtown Ford Reservation Holders

Leonardtown Reservation Holders
NayNay
MICHIGAN ASSEMBLY PLANT SHUT DOWN
This week Ford announced that the Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP), where Broncos are born, will be down the weeks of May 17 and May 24 due to the global semiconductor shortage, pushing back the build weeks for several Broncos including FCTP units and Customer Orders. This will not affect summer deliveries or overall 2021MY production levels because MAP will not have a traditional summer shutdown, a decision we made last month.
Customers with a modified build week started receiving emails from Ford on May 6. All affected customers will be notified by end of day today, May 7. Vehicle Visibility has also been updated to reflect any scheduling changes.

BRONCO JULY PRODUCTION SCHEDULING MEMO
Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling, which begins next Thursday, May 13.
Background
· Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity
· Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month
· Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July
· July production scheduling begins next week, May 13

Scheduling Process Explained
Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes
· Soft Top Production Opportunity
o Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 12, ahead of July production scheduling period
o Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production
· Trailer Tow & Safari Bar Scheduling
o These commodities are in short supply for July production
o Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders
· Wildtrak & First Edition Scheduling
o These series will have limited July production due to hard top availability
Show full message
Reactions: MrJoe
BPMANAZ
Sooo....you're saying there's a chance (Wildtrak order here, so it's a chance in Hell)
MrJoe
MrJoe
· Trailer Tow & Safari Bar Scheduling.... Good Grief...
chipstar
Wish I could get a soft top on my 2dr
BPMANAZ
Pretty soon the "Brake pads and steering wheel" scheduling delay notice will be coming:

'Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders:

Brake pads, steering wheels'
NayNay
NayNay
On the bright side at least they are telling us something, instead of silence. I know, there really is no bright side to these delays.....
BPMANAZ
Well these FORD email updates remind me of the old addage...what's the worst sentence in the English language?...."We're the Government and we're here to help".

Now the next worse sentence......."We're FORD motor Company and we have a Bronco update".

You're right though, at least they are telling us something.
Reactions: NayNay
ChapEJF
ChapEJF
About a month ago this process began to feel like a game of chance to me and now I think we are in full on lottery mode. No hard feelings and I don't feel any bad will from Ford; I know they want to sell me a Bronco as much as I want to buy one. I will just keep riding the wave until my number comes up.
NayNay
NayNay
That part is what really takes the wind out of me. I would rather them say I will not get it for 2 years but then it be firm then the changes that keep happening. So many are planning around a delivery date and this really throws a wrench into it for them.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views