Sponsored

Central TX Bronco Club

A group based in Central Texas dedicated to sharing and enjoying what the Ford Bronco has to offer.
21BRNCO
Well, I received a new email from Ford last night. My build week was pushed back 2 weeks to the week of July 5th. Just another disappointment from Ford. Is this ever going to end? Anybody else get the same message?
Show full message
ATX Madridista
ATX Madridista
You'll be OK. I reserved night of and haven't even received a build date. You can't blame Ford for a pandemic. All car companies are delayed at the moment, Ford just happens to be doing the biggest vehicle launch in the US in years DURING a pandemic. So, if you ask me, kudos for them for still moving forward and not just delaying the entire project by a few years.
Mickey21
Mickey21
Just be thankful you have any email or feedback. No email, clueless dealer, and nothing but f'ups this whole time. I reserved with minutes of the reservation process opening in July, but not likely to see a vehicle till next year based on all of this. Meh, typical...
View previous replies…
Mickey21
Mickey21
@ATX Madridista this is just not the case, I ordered a Lux Package Wildtrak with towing, not to mention my dealer who will remain nameless "in Hutto" claims to not understand Priority Code 99 and though I protested offered to do nothing about it. My reservation is about 3 to 4 minutes after the go live reveal, just enough time to click the options and process 100$ reservation, and my order was converted and confirmed on the 31st of January, but the dealership processes all order conversions on Monday and so shows a Feb 01, 2021 date of conversion and "In-Store Order" that morning of the 1st of Febuary, and yet my DORA copy from them lists me as Code 99, despite my protests to the salesperson and their manager. So it seems my dealer is shafting me and likely knows it.
ATX Madridista
ATX Madridista
Did you order a it with the modular hard top or dual tops? Only options were lux and towing? From what Mac Haik told me, if we were in their allocation (107 and I'm 40) that as long as we didn't order a manual sasquatch, modular tops, or dual tops, that we would be guaranteed 2021, although it maybe LATE 2021. However, if you ordered one of the aforementioned items (which goes along with what Ford has said will be '22 options) then you would automatically be code 99 for a 2022 year model. 🤷‍♂️

@Mickey21
Mickey21
Mickey21
@ATX Madridista Long time forum reader and was very well aware of the hang up items. No, I originally ordered a MIC top, so no issues there. I was told when ordering I was number 7 of around 27 to 50 because at that time in Feb, it was mostly still unknown, but I WAS the first to go in store to convert their order at that dealership. Nevertheless, after weeks of emailing and calling them to get my order changed off Priority Code 99, they would not help me and after talking to Ford, I have no recourse. I confirmed with other dealer members on this site directly and my list of choices are not the issue other than commodity constraint to be a 2021, it is only that my dealership has put me in the system as a customer that is choosing to wait till 2022, and I am pretty sure it if because they are attempting to give preference to other people at the dealership and even employees. I have inside information as well that the sales manager in question was even brought up on weapons charges and is currently under investigation as well, so there is that too. Ugh, I hate working with dealerships especially clueless ones, much less thieving ones. Not that MH ever really treated me terribly much better which is why I didnt use them to begin with this go around. Just my luck the other dealership isnt much better.
mpmcgaughey
mpmcgaughey
Still just hoping for that delivery estimate email 🥺
Jfoster05
Jfoster05
This morning I called Ford directly, spoke to a very friendly agent and tried to be as friendly as possible to get some info on my build. Like I figured, it was pushed back from 6/7 to 6/21. But ironically she told me, in a very excited voice, "Oh, I see your build date was actually moved up from 6/28 to 6/21!" LOL, didn't have the heart to tell her that I was given a better build date originally. Regardless, as @ATX Madridista said so eloquently, we've got to give Ford kudos for doing such a huge launch during the pandemic. Patience....patience.
21BRNCO
21BRNCO
I have a question for the group. While my OBX is a 4 door, a friend of mine ordered a 2 door Wildtrak. Is the back seat on a 2 door removable?
TXRancher
TXRancher
@21BRNCO Not by design but everyone expects kits from 3rd parties to delete the rear seats.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views