Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
Dmk08
I need my Georgia brethren to talk me off the ledge of buying something other than a Bronco. My issues are life issues not issues with the vehicle. Am I over thinking this or will I really not be able to enjoy the Bronco?

So the two issues both limit the ability to remove the top from the Bronco.

My wife is pregnant with our first child and is due in Jan. I assume having newborns in open air vehicles isnt something you generally do. But as I have no kids I could be wrong.

Second issue is during the pregnancy exams they found a precursor in my wife's bloodwork and she has been told to limit sun exposure going forward. This would mean cruising with the top off in Georgia with her in the car wouldn't happen.

My main purpose for the vehicle was a weekend cruiser with the family....
Show full message
Reactions: tomknight
Peter Gosenya
Peter Gosenya
I assume having newborns in open air vehicles isnt something you generally do. But as I have no kids I could be wrong.

And on the 8th day God made closed vehicles for babies.
I wouldn't worry about it, you can still take the doors off and leave the roof on or get a hard top and roll the windows down. Its still going to be a very fun truck.
Congratulations on the new addition to your family, I hope all is healthy
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
Open air shouldn't hurt a baby. For centuries babies have grown up exposed to the elements from the Sahara to Siberia and have managed to be healthy and strong, maybe stronger.

Appreciate your sensitivity towards your wife and soon to be baby (Congrats!), but I for one won't be rolling around in the middle of summer topless at all. Topless will mostly be a Spring or Fall endeavor or when taking trips.
ATLColonial
ATLColonial
Is it meant to be the primary family vehicle? We currently have a Subaru Outback that my wife primarily drives and that we use whenever we (and our two kids) are all trying to go anywhere together, while I drive a Subaru Legacy to and from work that my kids hardly ever get in. Regardless, you can always keep the roof and stuff on while your kids/wife are in the car if you're worried about it.
Reactions: Dmk08
Dmk08
Dmk08
@ATLColonial we have a 2018 Highlander as our primary family hauler. This will be my primary daily driver. Also have an e90 M3.
ATLColonial
ATLColonial
@Dmk08 Yeah I'm in the same boat, plan on just replacing my Legacy with the Bronco and have this be my daily driver (as well as occasional off-road stuff on the weekends). There likely won't be too many occasions to load the family up in it, so less concerned about back row space, cargo, etc.
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
Congratulations on the new addition! It will certainly change things for the better.

I think you could also look at the modular hard top option. You can take the drivers top portion off easily and put it back on quickly when needed. It also looks like they will have the Sunrider option to the hardtop where the front portion is a soft top that can be thrown back easily.

Make sure she is on board with it though!
FastM400
FastM400
We brought 2 of our kids home from the hospital in a jeep...Your kids grow up fast so if your concerned for the first couple of months dont have them in it...once your kid can notice the world around them, top off driving will be fun..
About your wifes sun exposure...I have something called a "spiderweb shade" covers the whole top area, I like to have open air without getting baked, getting burnt is a young kid thing
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
Congrats! Yes, hardtop would be in the works for me in your situation. I don't plan to drive top down during the middle of the day here. Mornings and evenings mainly. I believe there are suppose to be a number of top selections, so I assume there may be one that both of you can agree on.
mkhutch
mkhutch
Same thing DMK08. I have had a few drop tops. In the GA sun and heat, I find the best time is late afternoon/evening. That way you limit the burning sun exposure and cruising with the temps in the upper 70's to low 80s is fantastic. I wouldn't let it deter you, just use it when it makes sense!
tomknight
tomknight
TBH, about the only the only time i would take the top off might be in the fall or spring on USFS roads in the mountains. Can't see driving around town topless. Too much noise, traffic, unpredictable idiots in other vehicles, and road debris. Besides the fact that it's hot.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views