Sponsored

Indiana Bronco

Our local Bronco Enthusiasts
Hoosier.Bronco
Happy Bad news Friday! Especially for any Body color hard tops orderers. Also late availability for MIC tops….
Show full message
  • Sad
Reactions: abe
Deano Bronc
Deano Bronc
Yeah, that one hurt. I had deferred for a MY22 for the Black Mod top. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.
flip
flip
Heard rumors about this but didn't want to start anything. My understanding is anything painted is going to be '23 and starting in Sept they are building with prep pkg. SOL for those of us that already have a softie build. I truly think there are bigger commodity problems beside tops. If it was just a matter of tops and not all of the other stuff combined, they would be calling and trying to get us to see if people will take a soft top and get built sooner. If not other commodities, the "stock" allocation fillers would be able to have more options. I give up trying to figure it out. Good chance a 4d, 2.3, auto, soft, mid or high BL or BB, OB, Base, BD with no tow or SAS can get built soon. It would be easier if they would just tell us the different combos they can build for us instead of getting folks to drop certain options and still don't get a VIN. Ugh.
View previous replies…
flip
flip
@Hoosier.Bronco Call your sales person and have them confirm you are a "clean" 19.
flip
flip
@NurseA.J Depends on how long you want to wait and if you are willing to consider changing any of your build to maybe get an earlier build date. So difficult to know since Ford does not share any of the details of what combos are buildable and which aren't. If you just have Lux will switching to High get you pulled? How much weight are they putting on time stamp vs. commodity availability? Lots of stuff unknown that might make a difference in answering some of these questions.
flip
flip
@NurseA.J Depends on how long you want to wait and if you are willing to consider changing any of your build to maybe get an earlier build date. So difficult to know since Ford does not share any of the details of what combos are buildable and which aren't. If you just have Lux will switching to High get you pulled? How much weight are they putting on time stamp vs. commodity availability? Lots of stuff unknown that might make a difference in answering some of these questions.
WClintM
WClintM
At this point, I'd really be interested to know specifics regarding future product plans (i.e. what is the specific green coming out, and when will an electric or hybrid version be available). I'd delay if it meant I could get exactly what I want in 2023, I think.
flip
flip
@WClintM It's so gross. Hopefully they will get their stuff together and be able to build the models with options they already have before adding more. This reservation/order process has to change going forward. It failed in epic fashion and has only managed to piss more people off than anything else.
WClintM
WClintM
@flip I can't imagine how much time some of you dealership guys probably have invested in going back and forth with so many customers every time Ford makes a change. I feel for y'all - you're totally at their mercy.
flip
flip
@WClintM The bad part is we have no better info or insight than non dealer folks. We hear it the same time you do. There are a couple guys here that have insiders they get a leak or two from but that is an exception.
Cmreed2016
My questions is why can't 2 door orders get dual tops if we're forced to get a hard top? I would think it would be easier to add on a soft top since those aren't a supply issue.
Reactions: NurseA.J
flip
flip
@Cmreed2016 Your guess is as good as mine. Wish I had a better answer but I don’t. All of this defies logic and worse yet, have never been given an answer from anyone in a position of authority at Ford.
abe
abe
@flip have they given any insight on what a MIC would cost later from the parts department? I'm expecting $2.5K to 3.5K. I was expecting a 22 just because I reserved so late, but with them officially saying late availability for MIC, that makes me think some of us will get pushed way later and well, I don't think I can do that.
flip
flip
@abe Have not heard anything (big surprise) as of today. None of the major top components are pricing in the catalogues either. I’m going to guess 3-4K
Reactions: abe

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views