Sponsored

Sac Bronco Club

Sacramento, CA (and surrounding areas) Bronco enthusiasts
For those of you that might be interested, found this YouTube about some beginner trails near Sacramento. Thinking of doing some of these to warm up my Bronco if I ever get it.

Show full message
Natai
Natai
Prairie City and Saddleback were already on my list, but didn't know about the others.
Still going to be waiting a while, but would be fun to meet up with others from the forum and hit some of these trails.
Mdemieville
Mdemieville
Prarie city is more for dirtbikes and 4 wheelers. They have a small section that is man made for trucks and the like. But just be aware it's not a trail system
Reactions: Natai
da_jokker
@Mdemieville I heard they closed it down for a bit to donsome structuring, but I sold my XJ before I could go back after they reopened. I'd only been once before, and you're right there wasn't a lot there, but for $5 there was enought to be a good place to do some preliminary off-roading in a controlled environment to get used to the Bronco. It'll probably be the first place I go in like 2023
Natai
Natai
@da_jokker That's my thought as well. I understand there are some dirt roads around the property (and perhaps a couple of fields you can drive across?) Figured this would be a good way to just get familiar with basic feel and handling off-pavement. Plus the couple well-maintained obstacles seem like a good controlled environment to test out some of the features.
Plus maybe meet some local wheelers that are welcoming to noobs.
530Squatch
530Squatch
Thanks @da_jokker great post! I've been in a lull, hype-wise, as I'm probably looking at a MY23 while watching (though happily) folks taking their deliveries now. This video is sweet and I definitely plan to hit them all! Maybe Prairie City first to get familiar, then the Poker Flat trek. That looked like a great, longer decent cruise to get out there and build confidence.
calgecko
calgecko
I got a Chevy ZR2 Bison back in December as my first off-road vehicle - I live in Sacramento. I've been doing quite a bit of exploring over the past 8.5 months - mostly looking for trails to get me off the beaten path, give me some access to nice scenery and get away from people.. I'm not into rock crawling. I would say there are many other opportunities other than some of those in the video, which are better for new off-roaders - some of those trails had some big rocks and stuff that might be a bit much for a new off-roader.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views