Sponsored

New England Broncos

Group for people in New England to talk, show off, and go off roading
T.S.
How are folks feeling about the mic roof issues causing further delays? I am personally glad to see they are owning it and addressing it. Well I guess they have no choice, its not like they can hide it. But still I am glad its getting addressed. I do think they should extend the price protection past the 3/19 cutoff, seems like they broke their promise to a lot more folks.
Show full message
OffRoader90
I think its good they are owning it, but a too little too late situation. The lack of communication on what's going on was the most troubling out of all of this. would be interested to see how many orders are cancelled over this and revisited in a few years.
BuzzyBud
The journey to owning a Bronco has been disappointing at so many times along the way. Despite all we have experienced, I suspect most potential owners will carry on and eventually own a Bronco. At some point in the future this will all be in our rear-view mirrors.
Brew3x
Wow you guys are really upbeat about this situation. If there wasn’t a chip shortage going on I would have moved on weeks ago, it’s a complete shit show from lack of communication lack of knowledge from dealers to the roof and supply issues.
Jdc
Jdc
I'm pretty pissed at how all of this has been handled but I want something to go off-road with and this is one of the best options I've seen straight from the factory so I'm stuck waiting. Also, I know I'd be even more pissed paying this much money and having a defective top. My car is on its last legs but it'll last.
BuzzyBud
I agree this journey has been hell. I have spent hours on the Wrangler, 4Runner, and Defender build/price websites. Unfortunately, Ford has a vehicle which has what I seek, and all others come up short in one way or another. The closest option for me would be a 2022 Ranger Tremor. As I spent time on the Ranger5g, and Ranger6g forums I discovered something about myself. I have spent so much time and emotional energy into attempting to own a Bronco, severing that goal would be more difficult than severing my arm. I suspect I am not along in this regard. I guess that is why some might say I am a Bronco enthusiast.
RhodeIslandRed
RhodeIslandRed
I'm a soft top and was built this week. So I think I'm getting my car. Having written that, there are lot of people in my build week thread that couldn't get a soft top (2 door or FE). I feel like Ford is screwing those guys by building their cars and letting them sit in a lot. I think they should deliver them and then swap the roofs at the dealer, later. I'm sure there must be all kinds of problems with that approach (or it's just more expensive).

As far as communication and transparency, I suspect that the situation has been changing and they are trying to deal with an evolving problem. Maybe they just didn't have a solution at the time or they were working on something different that isn't practical any more.

I have heard they have to re-tool the Webasto factory. That's a nightmare. So it wasn't working. They sent Ford staff over there to take over. Ford came back and updated everyone that they have taken over the production but it's going to be slow. Then we heard that roofs were still failing quality control. And apparently, the roofs that were passing QC were failing in the field. So that's the evolving nature of the problem. And I'm sure we don't know half of the real story.

Sometimes there is just no good answer or solution. This is why a lot of people swear that you never get a new model in the first year.
Reactions: BuzzyBud
BuzzyBud
@RhodeIslandRed Good to hear your Bronco was built! Congrats! I assume all soft tops will fly through QC and be shipped out. Could you keep us posted regard the events/time till your Bronco is at your dealer?
RhodeIslandRed
RhodeIslandRed
@BuzzyBud Will do. My tracking on Ford's site still says In Production, but the car is definitely built with modules populated. Dealer confirmed it was built and says they will know when it has shipped and then expect ~12 days. But I will reply with details on build date and any milestones after.

It's my understanding that it will ship by rail to Newark depot. Then by truck to dealer in MA. Those two pieces sound fast. I just don't know when I get on the train.

There has been so much information along they way (not being sarcastic). But after the build, I have been kinda in the dark. It's so nerve wracking with what's happening with the hard tops, I'm just afraid to even move, hoping this soft top ships.
Stroopaloop
Stroopaloop
I just want to know when I'm getting my OBX soft top lol
Reactions: BuzzyBud
BuzzyBud
@Stroopaloop Right there with you. I just want to know when I will get the VIN for my Badlands soft top. Fingers crossed for next Thursday. My build was categorized as Job#2 - Soft top with Hard top prep kit. So next scheduling cycle my order might get picked up.
Stroopaloop
Stroopaloop
jdrouin
jdrouin
@BuzzyBud infinally caved and dropped my mic top, squatch, tow package and lux today. Figure lll probably trade in a couple years for the raptor version anyways. Hoping to get a build date soon.
JMBGlass
JMBGlass
I'm still not gonna cave for a soft top on my 4dr Badlands order. So guess it's next year for me. Even if I could be ok with the look of the soft top, I still have the 2.7, lux and tow spec'd out and wouldn't want to have to change those as well. With any hope though, maybe they'll at least let me order the factory roof rails for MY22.
B-Dog
B-Dog
I'm glad that they are focusing on the MIC top to get it right. I would rather wait a little longer and have a top that I don't need to replace due to production issues. I ordered a 2 door and I am out of luck for 2021. I received an email saying I am a MY22. I had a 7/20 reservation and ordered by the 3/19 deadline. I prepared myself when I ordered for a MY22, but was optimistic that I might sneak into the MY21 production. My salesman did call me and offer me a 4 door Outer Banks a few weeks ago. I asked him how he had it for sale and he said it was an order that a buyer backed out of.

I will be attending the Off Rodeo in NH this week. I hope this will help me maintain my enthusiasm through the winter.
Brew3x
@B-Dog wow you actually have a salesman that contacts you
B-Dog
B-Dog
@Brew3x LOL, well, only when he had the 4 door to sell me......other than that, radio silence. I did feel comfortable with him when ordering though. He seemed to have a good handle on the Bronco compared to some of the posts I have read about clueless salespeople buyers have encountered.
projectrally
projectrally
They didn’t really have a choice but to own it and do the right thing. I don’t think they handled the communication as expediently as many of us would have liked, but the optics are different than the production realities on the ground. Ford’s big. Big things have a hard time being nimble. Like an oil tanker making a turn, these things take time.

I’m disappointed in the delay, but I’ve now spent a reasonable amount of time with the soft top Bronco (I’ve been to the dealer 3 times to drive/play with their demo truck). A big part of the appeal of the Bronco for me is that it’s a convertible, and the soft top really in a whole other league as far as being a convertible. The hard top is convertible by appointment only. The soft top is a proper adventure convertible. Open Air. Anytime. Anywhere. So I switched to a soft top without feeling too much pain.

I was planning to be a dual-top owner. Financially, buying with the HT and then getting an aftermarket soft top would have been the better play. But if the hard top costs are what people expect - $3500ish delivered to your dealer - then the delta to get it with a soft top and upgrade to a hard top later is about $1000, give or take. Is it worth $1000 for me to have my Bronco sooner and enjoy it? Yeah, for me it is.
BostonGuy
I switched to soft top. I went and test drove one yesterday and got it up to about 70 and the sound wasn't bad. 7/26 res date so maybe I get a 21. If I end up with a 22 I may hold off till 23 so they can make more sig upgrades.
Broncodude@
Broncodude@
Hey everyone! Whoever has the red 4 door Bronco around Westbrook Maine, I saw you! That thing is beautiful! I find it interesting that although it is definitely an off road vehicle… it still has class and a certain elegance about it. I am not a wordsmith so I hope you guys understand its rugged an classy at the same time… even while Squatched! Anyway… absolutely beautiful in red!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views