Sponsored

Indiana Bronco

Our local Bronco Enthusiasts
dapperdanny
Just curious... has anyone changed their order to a soft top to get it earlier? Im really thinking about switching and then just purchasing a hard top later whenever it becomes available. Anyone have any insight or thoughts on this? Im going to be test driving a 2.3 L Bronco today, so I might switch to the smaller engine too.
Show full message
WClintM
WClintM
I changed to soft top and got scheduled shortly after. After test driving a soft top, I actually think I prefer it.
dapperdanny
dapperdanny
Hmm, that makes it very enticing to switch. My concern is it being really cold in the winter, but I guess it will have auto start so that would help. The one I will be test driving today has a soft top, so I'll get a feel for it
WClintM
WClintM
Good point on the cold. I should further clarify - I donā€™t plan to daily this, especially in the winter, so the insulation isnā€™t a big concern to me. It was nice to be able to throw the front of the soft top back at a stoplight on the test drive.
abe
abe
No comment on the top, but I was able to drive @flip 's 2.3 AT Badlands and I was really impressed with the 2.3 with auto transmission. Pretty peppy by my standards.
WClintM
WClintM
Agreed. Pleasantly surprised with @flipā€™s 2.3L.
Reactions: abe
flip
flip
Y'all should drive the 2.7!
dapperdanny
dapperdanny
@abe Thats great to hear, I've read lots of other people on this website say good things about the 2.3. Im not opposed to switching, plus im sure it gets better gas mileage!
Reactions: abe
NurseA.J
NurseA.J
Nope. Iā€™m holding firm on my 2 door hard top! šŸ˜Ž But Rapid Red being discontinued puts me back to the drawing board for a new color.
Michael Grasso
Michael Grasso
Yes. Iā€™m a first day reservation with a Mod Top. Finally switched it over since you get about $1000 in points if you do. Switched it in July when they added the Hard Top Prep kit.

My Badlands, Carbonized Gray, 2.7l, Lux, Leather, Tow is being made next Thursday 9/2. Should have it mid September. Iā€™ll buy the Mod top when they make it.

Mg
Hoosier.Bronco
Hoosier.Bronco
Yup, I switched over to a soft top and got an email the following Thursday for 9/6 Build #LaborDayBuild lol. Im thinking, since itā€™s not my daily itā€™ll be nice to just flip the top down quickly and get that so called Open Air Experienceā„¢ļø Lol. Iā€™m planning to wait Ford out for a top or get an ADV after market top. We will see! Give me them extra points thought!
NurseA.J
NurseA.J
So is this your 2nd bronco ??? I want a ride!!! Lol

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views