Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
ATLBronco75
Does anyone have a good ceramic coating recommendation in the Atlanta area? I’ve decided to not get expel and do full ceramic coat.
Show full message
Reactions: doink
doink
doink
https://www.ceramiccoatingandppf.com/ Is who I am going to go with. Formerly Buff Guys detail. Local shop here in Alpharetta that does high end work. I’d give them a call. Already have a quote for PPF. He’s also done a first edition here on the forum.
stuston
stuston
If you don't mind, let us know how it goes and the cost. I'm debating on it, but I'm not keeping a museum piece, so my plan is just to minimize the damage - it's not worth a mint to keep it showroom.
GABroncin
GABroncin
@doink I'm with @stuston. Quote info would be great. Love to have this planned and budgeted for before I take delivery.
JWBroncoATL
JWBroncoATL
Gtechniq Ceramic Coatings for the Bronco should cost about:

$850 for Exo (2-Year Lifespan)
$1000 for Crystal Serum Light (5-Year Lifespan)
$1300 for Crystal Serum Ultra (9-Year Lifespan)

Aside from the jump in lifespan, each step up in product gives about a 20% increase in performance as well. The main characteristics of a ceramic coating are water and dirt repellency, chemical and UV protection, and some light swirl resistance.
awerk66
awerk66
https://www.koch-chemie.com/us/

KCX is another excellent product that I would highly recommend. I have used both Gtechniq and KCX, and have started leaning more towards the KCX lineup.
PizzaMan
PizzaMan
I have the 1st Edition that https://www.ceramiccoatingandppf.com/ did. I also had them do a previous vehicle with just Gtechniq as well. Gtechniq is the best and application is almost more important imo than the product itself. I trust those guys to protect the vehicle the right way. You get what you pay for in life. Go cheap and you'll do it 2-3 more times than if you did it right the first time...
aford22
As someone who knows a tremendous amount about chemical companies and ceramic, it is most important to look into the ceramic program you are interested in.

I would suggest to start by finding a good installer with great reviews then look into what they offer. A HUGE question many of you need to ask, is what happens when you wash "improperly." For example - Gtechniq, listed above, is completely voided the moment you go through a car wash. Also, no real backing. It is up to company discretion and they usually only send the installer product to make up for it and it is completely up to the installer whether or not they handle it.

I will say, that Evan and Buff Guys/ATL Ceramic listed above is hands down one of the best installers and shops in the state. He would do the right thing absolutely (to a point).

Next look at if you want it installed or if you want to try something on your own. There are plenty of products that perform incredibly, that you can do yourself. Two listed above are on amazon for less than $80. The advantage of an installer is the backing they offer and the paint correction they will go through, making the vehicle look almost perfect. If you expect scratching etc. from off-roading, then there is no reason to perfect the paint much past factory finish. Then you may just choose to do it yourself. 100 bucks and a couple hours vs 850 and absolutely no warranty/guarantee (even when installed by professional) is a no brainer. It is a great experience and process to learn. Tons of YouTube and starter sealants to get you comfortable.

Finally, look at their service and maintenance program. Is there one? Do they want to see the vehicle back? What happens if the coating doesn't perform that well? What would they do?

In my opinion, one of the best Atlanta based decisions currently is to go with a product like Gyeon which has a ton of options, professional and consumer. Also within their professional line, you can choose to maintain it or have the detailer maintain it. There is a CLEAR program to keep up the coatings performance and a plethora of fantastic products and information to support you at home.

Also, Koch-Chemie (mentioned above) does not have ceramic available to the majority of shops currently, but their HQ in Alpharetta will be having a grand opening soon. They will be offering training courses for all levels of detailing/paint correction/ceramic open to the public as well.

ABOVE ALL - PPF is the absolute best protection for paint, a ceramic will never compare it is physically impossible. Happy to answer any questions further.
JWBroncoATL
JWBroncoATL
@aford22 Great insights! I just looked up Koch-Chemie and their HQ is 3 miles from my house! That's crazy. Do you know when their grand opening will be by chance? I think I would do a training course on ceramic with them and do a DIY.
ATLBronco75
ATLBronco75
@aford22 I know PPF would be better for major protection. I'm just looking for something to help my un-garaged truck clean up more easily. I have a 120ft Oak tree that I'm not going to cut down. lol
NewToBronco
NewToBronco
Just got mine back from https://www.ceramiccoatingandppf.com/ and they did an amazing job. Got PPF and ceramic. Very thorough and the truck looks great. Highly recommend them if you are interested in getting PPF, etc.
Reactions: BigDeal
BigDeal
BigDeal
Do you mind me asking what the Ceramic and PPF cost for your Bronco?
@NewToBronco
brilltastic

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views